Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I get cracked on every time I typo, thanks to my campaign to get people to stop typing like illiterate, throwback monkeys with cell phones.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Thanks Rev. It's always nice to have things put into a nutshell and you are a master of that craft.
It's all those years of 5-point sermons. Or is it 3-point... I don't know, I'm not the Reverend here.
Three points and a poem.

Nice post, Rev.

Newb.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Xaqery is surprisingly tart
Amen Rev.

What is a good amount to donate? I want to be a site supporter I think all in all this site is great. But
1 - my wife is ready to kill me over the money I have spent lately and
2 - I don’t know what would be appropriate. I know this is a hard question to answer. Each person is probably different.
3 - I do not use the site 1/10th as much as many of you.

Anyway is there a range of $s that makes sense and what frequency once every couple months?

Reality is the fantasy of the majority
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Well said, and as many people seem to believe here it is a very good guide line. I am a bit long winded at times, and I do struggle to make sure that when I post I post something that I feel will contribute. occasionally I will offer a congrats or a nice job but thise type are more to give compliments to the poster in question.

You said become a site supporter how does one do such a thing?

thanks.
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqery
Amen Rev.

What is a good amount to donate? I want to be a site supporter I think all in all this site is great. But
2 - I don’t know what would be appropriate. I know this is a hard question to answer. Each person is probably different.

Anyway is there a range of $s that makes sense and what frequency once every couple months?
I sure can't tell you the answer to this. I give $5 per month and use the site a lot. Once in a while I'll splurge to $10. I would think that in your case, $5 a couple of times a year would be generous.

Quote:
I'll be honest Rev....your signature is bigger than I like. But so is kenjib's, Menchy's, Onacara's, etc.
It was smaller until some admins and mods stuck some stupid sign in there. <grin>
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqery
Amen Rev.

I sure can't tell you the answer to this. I give $5 per month and use the site a lot. Once in a while I'll splurge to $10. I would think that in your case, $5 a couple of times a year would be generous.

Quote:
I'll be honest Rev....your signature is bigger than I like. But so is kenjib's, Menchy's, Onacara's, etc.
It was smaller until some admins and mods stuck some stupid sign in there. <grin>

I hear ya. I like to keep my sig as a single line. Then those darn staffers loused it all up. :P

Old August 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Yeah, I get cracked on every time I typo, thanks to my campaign to get people to stop typing like illiterate, throwback monkeys with cell phones.
"Typo" is a verb, now?

I must have missed a memo...

:P
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Great list, Rev. It's your list but if I could be so bold, I'd also add to it:

- Be aware that online posting leaves out huge chunks of indirect communication (eye movement, facial expressions, vocal tone and inflection) so be cautious when assuming intentions about someone's post. What someone may take one way, may in point of fact have meant something else entirely to the person who wrote it.

- For long-time members of this site, remember that you were new too, once upon a time, and try to be as accepting as possible (within the rules of the community, of course) with new players and newcomers to this site. Every community has its founding members who have earned their respect over time and via their consistent, appreciated input but every community also needs new members to keep it growing and rolling along. Conversely those fresh new members need to be respectful of those who have paved the way beforehand, too!
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:46 PM

j-Bird is surprisingly tart
Nice post, Rev.

Next month I will have been a member for a year. I don't post often, but I visit this site almost daily, usually several times throughout. It has become my morning "cup of coffee" (in addition to my morning cup of coffee) and I love it here. This is my first forum to join and this place is truly a safe haven in the murky waters of the Internet. Most people here give a hoot about this community and the admins work hard to keep it an enjoyable experience.

Although my posts are few, I try to be a good neighbor here. I've had my fun in the Reester thread, but I try to contribute through my maps and by helping others when I can. One thing I had not considered was how large signatures could be annoying. I guess it is like driving down a scenic highway and passing a huge IHOP billboard obscuring the view. For the sake of highway beautification and neighborhood improvement, I've resized my sig (still billboards, nonetheless).

Thanks, Revdyer and to the many members whose posts I always read. I look forward to year number two.

~ j-Bird, who tried to keep it short.
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like that sig resize.

Old August 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
How do you become a Site surporter

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNAK
How do you become a Site surporter
On the front page click the Help Support This Site button and send some money via paypal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online