Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old June 21st, 2019, 08:56 PM

Zarqueam is surprisingly tart
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarqueam View Post
Hey WhiteKnight, I hate to bother. I am relatively new on the forum but I noticed there was not a high resolution version of Braxas and Nilfheim. Would you be able to get those? And high res Zelrig without supports?
I've been having some trouble with these larger scans which is why it's taking so long, but I'm working on it (adjusting the background, the light level, etc...).

Almost done with Braxas's wings. The attachments to the body need a little more tweeking, but they are almost there.

Indeed. The best! They look perfect as is but I dare not insult your skill sir!

Last edited by Zarqueam; June 21st, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old June 21st, 2019, 11:11 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey WhiteKnight, I hate to bother. I am relatively new on the forum but I noticed there was not a high resolution version of Braxas and Nilfheim. Would you be able to get those? And high res Zelrig without supports?
I've been having some trouble with these larger scans which is why it's taking so long, but I'm working on it (adjusting the background, the light level, etc...).

Almost done with Braxas's wings. The attachments to the body need a little more tweeking, but they are almost there.
Indeed. The best! They look perfect as is but I dare not insult your skill sir!
Ha Ha! No worries!

I just want them to be a little tighter so they don't fall out during normal use.
Old June 26th, 2019, 02:24 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is great work! Thank you! Any chance we could get a higher resolution scan of Sacred Band?
Old June 26th, 2019, 03:31 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
This is great work! Thank you! Any chance we could get a higher resolution scan of Sacred Band?
Not right now--I don't have the Sacred Band squad figures.

If anyone has the Sacred Band and is willing to take some pictures for me, contact me and I'll tell you how to take them.
Old June 26th, 2019, 11:37 PM

Coolio Woo who?

My university has a 3D printer and training lessons...looks like I know what I'll be doing when school starts again
Old July 4th, 2019, 04:34 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey WK, my brother just purchased a 3D printer and attempted to print some of these files. He’s using a program called Sli3r to interface with the printer. The program uses .gcode files, and it says it should be able to convert the .stl files, but when converted to .gcode it doesn’t seem to be able to properly read the file. Do you know anything about this?
Old July 5th, 2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Hey WK, my brother just purchased a 3D printer and attempted to print some of these files. He’s using a program called Sli3r to interface with the printer. The program uses .gcode files, and it says it should be able to convert the .stl files, but when converted to .gcode it doesn’t seem to be able to properly read the file. Do you know anything about this?
After importing the .stl file into slic3r, try scaling the models by 25.4 (or 2540). All the files are in inches, but slic3r reads them in as mm. So a 1 inch tall figure will print 1mm tall (tiny) unless you scale it.

He might need to zoom in a LOT to actually see it to scale it.

If that doesn't work, let me know which file he's trying to import.
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:55 AM

Scud-O has disabled reputation

In most programs, a simple CNTRL+A/CMD+A (Win or Mac) will select the model even if it's tiny. Then use the scale control as WK said.

I'm still trying to get the 3D scanner from work to read things as small as minis. It's killer for large things (humans from the shoulders up, 2' x 2' objects) but it just can't seem to see really small things.
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:39 PM

Some New Models!

Ashigaru Harquebus
Ashigaru Yari
Retchets squad

Roman Legionnaires (fixed models and with bases)
Roman Archers (with bases)
Anubian Wolves (proxies)

Omnicron Repulsors (ultra)

Aubrien Archers (proxy)

Braxas left wing
Braxas right wing

Fen Hydra (ultra)

Old July 9th, 2019, 05:47 PM

Holy. Crap.

What are you printing these on and can you share settings?
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O View Post
Holy. Crap.

Ender 3
I'm using the Fat Dragon Games profile with some tweaks. But I've seen other Ender 3 prints which are much better than these.

I'll post my settings soon.
@TREX might have better settings than I have.
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O View Post
Holy. Crap.

Ender 3
I'm using the Fat Dragon Games profile with some tweaks. But I've seen other Ender 3 prints which are much better than these.

I'll post my settings soon.
@TREX might have better settings than I have.
Awesome, thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing