Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 7th, 2015, 05:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Fun idea, I challenge anyone to make an A+ level army with B+ units.
I'm not sure what you consider an A+ army, if it is one that wins 9 out of 10 games then I doubt that would be possible to make using all B+ units. They are all ranked B+ for a reason, when combined they may rise up to an A- or even A team but A+ seems like too big a hill to climb. I do however think you could make several pretty good teams using only B+ units.

The Wrecking Crew are all B+ units so I guess that makes the four of them together a B+ team. Play them at a higher point total though and you can add to that 800 point base some figures that do things well that they do not do. I see several good ranged attackers and figures with good special powers in the B+ range so take your pick based on how big an army you want to run and what you think the Wrecking Crew needs most as allies.

Gorilla City Warriors x5, Gorilla Grodd, Gorilla Man, Solovar, & Super-Ape Peotor would cost 1440 points and would be pretty good. Toss in Merlyn at 160 points for some ranged support and you have a nice 1600 point army.

The Warriors Three, Beta Ray Bill, Sif, Asguardian Warrior x3, & Destroyer Armor for 2600 points.

Then if you were to allow just one figure not ranked a B+, I'd like to try out this 1600 point army.

Loki 420 - Extra XOM
Nightwing 200 - Titans Go! XOM power for bonding with 2 Titans or Sidekicks
Starfire 210 - Titan
Super Boy 240 - Titan, Kryptonian, Titan/Sidekick Protector
Krypto 80 - Sidekick, Kryptonian movement bonding
Armor 100 - Sidekick, Mutant, Mutant Sidekick
Jubilee 60 - Sidekick, Mutant, Mutant Sidekick
Wondergirl 140 - Sidekick, +2 attack for the round in which a Unique Hero is destroyed
Kid Flash 110 - Sidekick
Robin (D. Grayson) 100 - Sidekick
Robin (D. Wayne) 80 - Sidekick
A unit: Commander Rodgers 260 - Reveal OM1, rearrange all other OMs

The Rodgers, Loki, & Nightwing combo allows you to get 1 turn with Rodgers, 2 turns with Nightwing, and 4 turns with Titans & Sidekicks in one round. That is 7 figures potentially attacking with lots of low level sidekick characters around that will die and boost up Wondergirl's attack. Once you lose Nightwing, the two Mutant Sidekicks can still bond with each other and Krypto moves around with Superboy too. Loki ends up being your clean up, last chance for a win, figure since he would only be contrinuting the extra X for most of the game. If he does end up your final figure though, that God of Evil power can come in handy.

Take away the A ranked Rodgers though and Loki becomes less relevant, dropping the Titan Sidekick army down to just 920 points, at which point you could toss in the B+ Blue Lantern for a 1200 point army with some healing power and attack boosts.
Old June 7th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wait, Gorilla City Warriors, Gorilla Grodd, and Solovar are all B+ or lower? Get those guys together on a melee ground pounder friendly map and they're naaaasty.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2015, 06:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd also give this 2000 point army a try.

Archangel 260
Blue Lantern 280
Spawn 320
Lobo 330
Mystique 165
Doc Ock 215
She-Hulk 310
Firefly 120

The general idea would be to have Spawn & Lobo grab figures and move them next to Mystique for an engagement strike, next to Doc Ock so they can't move away, and/or into a line for Firefly to rain fire down on. They could even try to move the same figure back and forth between them. Archangel also flies around trying for auto-wounds while on defense, so between him, Mystique, Spawn, & Firefly that is a lot of opportunities for auto-wounds. Blue Lantern can boost Doc Ocks' 4 attacks or heal up the pod. Spawn, Lobo, & She-Hulk all can heal themselves and as a result can really wear down your opponent. She-Hulk would be the clean up figure once all the chain grabbing and auto-wounds are used up.
Old June 7th, 2015, 06:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm also surprised to realize Doc Ock is rated lower than A-. He's definitely very effective in the right build - especially if there's someone around to keep him alive longer. I suppose Blob's better staying power and lower cost (even though he has lower offensive output) keeps Doc Ock down in terms of the metagame, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Wait, Gorilla City Warriors, Gorilla Grodd, and Solovar are all B+ or lower? Get those guys together on a melee ground pounder friendly map and they're naaaasty.
The Simians can be amazing, I've had them demolish plenty of armies, but their three big weaknesses (high range, auto-wounds, and lots of attacks) are what competitive armies are built out of, so it's only natural that they wouldn't be that high on a competitive power ranking.

As to Doc Ock, he's also another good one, but I tend to find him a bit fragile for his cost. And as you pointed out, if you want a lock-down unit, Blob does it much better at a much lower cost. If you can boost up his four attacks though, he can be nasty.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM

With Solovar (usually tucked away in the Start Zone) and their solid defenses, though, the Simians rip up most of the mid-range Heroes despite the latter's frequent multiple attack ability. Most multiple attack mid-range Heroes sacrifice in the Life/Defense department, after all, and can't sustain a Simian group assault for long.

Meanwhile, most high attack Heroes only get one attack in per Order Marker, which makes crowd control more difficult for them. So I'd say in most cases that Multiple Attacks really don't scare Simian armies that much, unless they're pretty high attack/high range, or high attack on a Hero with significant staying power.

Range and Auto Wounds can be issues for sure, though, especially if the figures with them are highly mobile. The best way to win with Simian builds is to hit high range and auto wounding figures fast and kill them off before they can kill you (or too many of you, at least) and to use the unlimited range on Grodd's mind control power and hope to hit the high roll needed for a devastating mind control of a key enemy figure.

Even one successful roll from Grodd per game can swing a match against even an army with the appropriate counter figures.

Still, their lack of flying and range makes them a map dependent army. On the right map, though, I'd put them in the A range at least.

Old June 11th, 2015, 05:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed playing my Solovar/GCW/Sage/Apocalypse/Omega Red build. Omega Red the inspired enhanced Simian Horseman, bonding with GCWs, was pretty solid.
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I enjoyed playing my Solovar/GCW/Sage/Apocalypse/Omega Red build. Omega Red the inspired enhanced Simian Horseman, bonding with GCWs, was pretty solid.
Holy crap! It's all to boost one figure, but still - wow. He must have reaped a bloody tally. You could probably get similar results with Deadpool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
As to Doc Ock, he's also another good one, but I tend to find him a bit fragile for his cost. And as you pointed out, if you want a lock-down unit, Blob does it much better at a much lower cost. If you can boost up his four attacks though, he can be nasty.
Which is another reason I still maintain LexCorp are underrated - getting Doc Ock up to 4 attacks of 4 is nasty.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Holy crap! It's all to boost one figure, but still - wow. He must have reaped a bloody tally. You could probably get similar results with Deadpool.
The original idea that dok shared with me had Wolverine and X-23 in it. Imagine that.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Which is another reason I still maintain LexCorp are underrated - getting Doc Ock up to 4 attacks of 4 is nasty.
While it is certainly solid it's not amazing. Who knows though? I could be wrong. There will probably be an opportunity to try it out in the upcoming SLH Event.

~Dysole, who will revise an opinion of Lexcorp once there are results contradicting my theoryscaping
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:50 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I built it almost as a joke build - I mean, the idea of having Apoc bring the E-ray and turn his horsemen into Simians was just kind of hilarious. But the one time I played it and managed to set everything up, it crushed.

It's not *all* about Omega Red, though, as Apoc can do his thing, and Sage and Solovar are your backup bonding heroes.
Old July 9th, 2015, 04:48 PM

Blurbs are up in the second post. It's about a 50/50 split between Dysole and me on who wrote them. We tried to bury some zingers in there along with the boring ones.
Old July 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy