Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 18th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Shadowrun: Crossfire actually plays pretty similar to Sentinels in a lot of ways and I'd say that with the base set it has about the same amount of replayability. The one thing with Shadowrun is that in order to level up your character you really have to grind out for a long time in some tough matches. I say screw that, though! Play it a couple of times and level up a little, then just give yourself a big karma boost to try out the harder stuff sooner. Honestly this is one I want to play a ton more of still and I find it a bit better as a multi-player (for my group at least) than Sentinels, possibly because there's less to keep track of (I can keep track of that stuff fine on my own, but it tends to annoy my game group).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:56 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My buddy just picked up Shadowrun the other day. He was going to be busy for a few days so gave me the game to get the rules all figured out.

I personally was a bit disappointed at the amount of product you get for the price. My buddy bought this at our FLGS so he did spend a little bit more than if he had bought online. But seriously I got 3x as many cards and a playmat for my Legendary games. Just seems like there could've been a few more Black Market cards and a couple more scenarios. Also why a pack of 10 sleeves? I was also disappointed that the box claims 1-4 but theres only 1 scenario that is set up for solo play and you have to already have some Karma built up.

So I watched a few videos and played the game solo with 2 runners. Im usually not a fan of playing a solo game with 2 hands of cards but this wasn't too bad. It worked well enough for me to get a feel for the game. I gotta say my actual impression of the game is pretty different from my initial impression of the components.

After watching numerous videos and playing a 2 runner game Im extremely happy with this game. Yes theres a load of things that could be improved but the actual game itself is a blast. I love the idea of picking a character and giving it a name and sticking with that character for as long as youd like. Even though I feel like it couldve been taken even further I really like how your starting deck is determined by the role you are playing. I also like how new cards you buy go directly into your hand so its more about setting up your next turn than trying to build a finely tuned deck.

Overall Im really excited to play this game more with my group and Im looking forward to seeing what new things the expansions could bring. Will there be easier missions or is everything going to get hard with the thought that you should already have some Karma built up.

Next up on my list is Doomtown: Reloaded. I wish I wouldve read something about this before Gencon instead of a month later. I'll hopefully be going through the rules this weekend. The deck building with poker hands has me really intrigued.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I was totally underwhelmed by Doomtown Reloaded during a brief demo. Maybe because I was hungry & had to be somewhere else, but it didn't do it for me. Anyone interested in trading for the one we picked up, still in shrink, let me know.

We do like Romance of the Nine Empires, which I think is very similar mechanically (no poker hands, though), but some people responded with near-violence when I made that statement on BGG.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I played some more Zombies!!! with a friend. When the Helipad was placed the game turned from light zombie survival to, "Horde All The F-You Cards And Unleash Them On Your Opponent When He's Just About To Win!!!". It was enjoyable in a sort of Plan 9 From Outer Space way because what's the point of the whole non-endgame phase if all of it is going to be made irrelevant by my opponent spending one life token to send me back to the starting area? It would be like if every game of Scape ended with each player getting a nuke that killed all your opponent's units.

I'm going to have to look up some custom rule sets and remove all the nuclear event cards. Although a friend and I plan to play it with a 3rd friend and secretly team up against him and focus our nuclear cards on him, that will be funny.

I also put all 555 of my Wings of War cards into tiny sleeves today. And now that they're in sleeves they won't fit into the plastic card holder trays in the game boxes. >_< Might have to get some of those plastic card boxes or settle for weak rubber bands.

I also bought into X-Wing. 2 starter sets, a TIE Phantom, a B-Wing, and an A-Wing.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:01 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Just received my Copy of "Dead Of Winter" I can not wait to Play it!
My view and play of the game to be posted very soon!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Played Dead of Winter the other night. Was pretty fun, like an upgrade to the BSG game in my opinion. Getting to control multiple figures was cool as well as using the Crossroads cards. Felt a little like an RPG or Choose your own adventure. Would like to play it again. I was dealt the Mad Scientist traitor and I threw in one card in round 3 I believe and was immediately discovered and exiled from the colony, lol! In the end I was the only person to win though as we had a hilarious finish where the last player had to wrangle a bag of meat from a bag lady and he died in the process lowering the morale to 0. Good times.

Other than that, been playing a ton of Star Realms. Tried out Imperial Settlers which was a lot of fun and hoping to play some more X-Wing soon.

Oh and Heroscape! if anyone here is planning on going to TTO X tournament in Iowa next month a friend and I will be heading there. Haven't played in a tournament setting since TTO VI or VII I think. Should be a lot of fun.
Old September 19th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good luck at TTO GP. Always good to hear from you.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The last couple of weekends, in addition to our usual role-playing (Pathfinder), we've gotten in games of Castle Panic with the expansion (man, that game is even tougher than before), Resident Evil (base set / mansion mode), Sentinels of the Multiverse (first time playing, and I LOVED it!), Love Letter (not bad), Settlers of Catan and for the first time in a couple of years Star Wars: Epic Duels.

We got Ticket to Ride a few weeks ago and have yet to play it, and that's disappointing. Also, we've been working on our own homespun board and card games (alpha-testing complete and moving forward!) and we've been working a 'cube' format for M:TG.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Had an unexpected surprise as one of my daughters asked to play Carcassonne and Coin Age. My girls are hit or miss with wanting to play boardgames, so even though the other one didn't want to join in this time, it was still great to game with my one daughter (who's more into games anyway).

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Played Dead of Winter the other night. Was pretty fun, like an upgrade to the BSG game in my opinion. Getting to control multiple figures was cool as well as using the Crossroads cards. Felt a little like an RPG or Choose your own adventure. Would like to play it again. I was dealt the Mad Scientist traitor and I threw in one card in round 3 I believe and was immediately discovered and exiled from the colony, lol! In the end I was the only person to win though as we had a hilarious finish where the last player had to wrangle a bag of meat from a bag lady and he died in the process lowering the morale to 0. Good times.

Other than that, been playing a ton of Star Realms. Tried out Imperial Settlers which was a lot of fun and hoping to play some more X-Wing soon.

Oh and Heroscape! if anyone here is planning on going to TTO X tournament in Iowa next month a friend and I will be heading there. Haven't played in a tournament setting since TTO VI or VII I think. Should be a lot of fun.
Good to hear from you GP

Glad you liked Dead of Winter and Imperial Settlers. Both are good ones for sure. I haven't played X-Wing in awhile unfortunately.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 20th, 2014, 05:06 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I think I'm going to clean out my FLGS's remaining Heroscape. At $15 for each booster this is my last chance to get Heroscape at a reasonable price. Even if most of it is D&D scape, *cough*nottheonetruescape*cough* me and the friend I play Heroscape with will have a great time experiencing new Scape. Maybe I'll resist opening the boosters until Christmas and we'll have a Heroscape Christmas.

I've been spending way too much on gaming recently but this is kind of like a Dunkirk situation. The door is closing, get all the Scape you can.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 20th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok So played some DnD, Summoner wars, and Dead of Winter.
Had a good Game night Last night with @Taeblewalker .

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games