Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
Photo problems

I am trying to take pictures of some of my recent custom work, for some reason my camera won't pick up the small size of a figure. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. The camera picks up detail farther away, but then some is too small to see, it is just annoying.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Macro Photography

It's often difficult to get a good depth of field when photographing miniatures. If you are using a digital camera, see if it has a "macro" setting - ideal for focusing on objects <40mm from the lens.

...If you're using a real camera, you might have to seek alternative aids for your macro phtography techniques.

Good luck.

^_^
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Photo problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
I am trying to take pictures of some of my recent custom work, for some reason my camera won't pick up the small size of a figure. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. The camera picks up detail farther away, but then some is too small to see, it is just annoying.
Look for the Macro setting on your camera, usually indicated by a flower icon*. This is for close up shots of small items. And don't get too close to your subject, even with macro enabled.

Old August 19th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

When I have photographed my minis I have also discovered that you don't have to get a really close-up shot to show detail.
My shots were taken as Cav has already suggested. Then using a photo editing program I cropped the image and increased its size. The pics came out looking like extreme closeups.

This treasure chest is only about 1/2 long...

Of course, to do this make sure your camera is also set to high resolution.
Good luck.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Thank it works very well now, expect some of my work to show up in the next hour or so.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards