Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 3rd, 2021, 12:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I will firmly oppose Arctorus as a home planet. I want to be very clear about that. The creator has already said he’s indifferent to the home planet. It is the type of objection that no amount of testing can resolve.

There are alternatives. I am confident you all will identify an acceptable one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 3rd, 2021, 09:34 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
So, I'm gonna interject it since I've been talking to him on discord. What would opposition be on the home planet of Isadora? Isadora's only gotten 2 units over the years, and we don't know anything really of it. All we know is it's a planet (moon I think actually), that is where the soulborgs keep the maredians. But robots would maximize their resources, especially once the Maredians start dying out, and I could see them having a for-profit prison of sorts where they house some of the galaxies worst prisoners (like Guardians of the Galaxy). It could be used with certain units in playtesting too.
I'm against turning Isadora into a fantasy world. Heroscape has plenty of those already.

Plenty to choose from here which are not Arctorus (not really fantasy), Toril, or Eberron. Valhalla, Icaria, Grut, and the usual fantasy dumping ground Feylund.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 09:52 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, this is a bag of mixed signals. Lol
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:08 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I am sure someone(s) can talk you through it in Discord.

= =
Old August 3rd, 2021, 11:51 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
So, I'm gonna interject it since I've been talking to him on discord. What would opposition be on the home planet of Isadora? Isadora's only gotten 2 units over the years, and we don't know anything really of it. All we know is it's a planet (moon I think actually), that is where the soulborgs keep the maredians. But robots would maximize their resources, especially once the Maredians start dying out, and I could see them having a for-profit prison of sorts where they house some of the galaxies worst prisoners (like Guardians of the Galaxy). It could be used with certain units in playtesting too.
I'm against turning Isadora into a fantasy world. Heroscape has plenty of those already.

Plenty to choose from here which are not Arctorus (not really fantasy), Toril, or Eberron. Valhalla, Icaria, Grut, and the usual fantasy dumping ground Feylund.

How does a prison make Isadora a fantasy world? If you have a bunch of criminals of different races, Id say thats more sci-fi than fantasy. We've had cross genre on some planets before, so I can see a demon being sent to a prison, if their home planet can't deal with it (like the Phoenix Force or something) with stuff like alien prisoners and criminals, much like something like Belle Reve, the Raft, or Men in Black's Prison having a variety of cells to keep the prisoner restrained (magic, supernatural, sci-fi, or otherwise). Just wondering would you object to it on Isadora if it wasn't a demon?

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:31 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How does a prison make Isadora a fantasy world?
Being a prison doesn't make it a fantasy world; that's the point. Having Soulborgs makes it a sci-fi world. Put fantasy stuff on there, and it becomes a fantasy world (in addition to being sci-fi). Same thing with Alpha Prime; if someone made an Elf that came from Alpha Prime, that planet would get the "fantasy" label. And I can guarantee that unit wouldn't pass UF Review.

Besides, I don't really think it would be right to say that prisoners on Isadora have Isadora as their homeworld (assuming they were shipped to Isadora to be prisoners). Even the Marro born from the Hive on Valhalla don't label Valhalla as their homeworld. There's never really been a clear definition of what "homeworld" means, but doesn't appear to be "last known address."
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:37 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Isadora is a prison world in a sci fi setting, and therefore poorly suited to a fantasy design. I don't know what else there is to discuss about Isadora; it's not a good choice. This shouldn't be so hard.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 4th, 2021 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I could quarrel with Scy on whether an offworld prisoner could be summoned from "Isadora," but that's beside the point.
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:43 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That makes sense, "can't originate from" is totally fine and follows a logic for me. Even if said entity was "contained" that doesn't mean they are naturally from said prison.

Even if I'm interested in Isadora as "last known address" I've no desire to push for it to be on the card. It can be in the pointless bio ;D

Note: Last sentence is clearly joking
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:53 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm completely on board with the idea that a being could be from Planet X and imprisoned on Isadora, and then summoned from Isadora. Making Isadora the home planet. I just don't think a high fantasy design is a suitable candidate for such a choice.

= =
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:56 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
How does a prison make Isadora a fantasy world?
Being a prison doesn't make it a fantasy world; that's the point. Having Soulborgs makes it a sci-fi world. Put fantasy stuff on there, and it becomes a fantasy world (in addition to being sci-fi). Same thing with Alpha Prime; if someone made an Elf that came from Alpha Prime, that planet would get the "fantasy" label. And I can guarantee that unit wouldn't pass UF Review.

Besides, I don't really think it would be right to say that prisoners on Isadora have Isadora as their homeworld (assuming they were shipped to Isadora to be prisoners). Even the Marro born from the Hive on Valhalla don't label Valhalla as their homeworld. There's never really been a clear definition of what "homeworld" means, but doesn't appear to be "last known address."

So, just wondering as I've kinda thought of doing a battlestar-kinda world (in essence, huge ships after a disaster containing all from a planet over a few generations), would it be the ship name as the planet? Or the destroyed planet?

I dunno, it just seems, Isadora's not being used and kinda a waste of one of the 15 non-Valhalla planets, with just 2 units and it could be used for something in-line with canon, that units in playtesting could fit in as well(the criminals). I dunno, I feel regardless of what is picked, there's gonna be pushback even if there shouldnt be. Like I understand pushback on Demon Monk from a DND world, but Shift's kinda in a spot where the c3v opinions are spread out so much that theres a big chance of disagreement regardless of what he does, even if it could push the canon in new and exciting ways.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; August 4th, 2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: while i was typing this, there was some posts, but im not gonna delete.
Old August 4th, 2021, 12:56 AM

Welp, if anyone wants to talk to me specifically about suggestions that are not Isadora I'm definitely open to them. The discord group has been supportive of Arctorus and I don't see a ton of hatred for that from everyone I've talked to. So, if there is a different side I should take into consideration or think about I'm receptive but not going to play hopscotch. I'm more of a BJJ kinda guy at the moment, so I'm going to sprawl and wait.
Old August 4th, 2021, 09:24 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Neither Isadora nor Arctorus is a high fantasy planet and this is a high fantasy design. This is not hard. Make it work.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs