Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:23 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Custom Master Set Project--Votes for Uniq. Sqds.

I'll be a warmonger

Quick ideas:

Vydar:
Mummies + Hero
New Warforged

Ullar:
New Warlord

Aquilla:
New Tribesmen
New Preadators

Valkrill:
Needs heroes

I'd reconmend the five generals to be Ullar, Vydar, Aquilla, Einar, and Valkrill, as we already have plenty of Jandar and Utgar love.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to be a surgeon and if duel positions is possible, a genreal. If not a Genreal and I will give support to the surgeons.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Lamaclown: Warmonger
machinekng: Warmonger
Cheif: Temporary(or permanent if nobody else minds) Surgeon.

Guys, be sure to make a quick vote before the DL of October 1st(my bad about Augest DL) on what types of squads to include in this MS. Common and/or Uniques are the defining line between RotV and the other 2.

Quote:
originally posted by machinekng
Vydar:
Mummies + Hero I don't think a swarming Mummy squad will be good in a MS.
New Warforged Since DnD is now HS, I do think this is possible.

Ullar:
New Warlord YES!

Aquilla:
New Tribesmen YES!
New Preadators Sure, we just gotta get some ideas for them

Valkrill:
Needs heroes Lets relax on Valkrill until the previews are up, as we don't know his theme just yet, I too would like to get a hero or maybe 2 under his banner though.
My comments on each in dark blue.

@chief:
Yes dual positions are possible for both Surgeons and Generals. So now just get some votes for chief as the next Valkyrie General in If you do become a General though, remember to pick a Backbone(basically an alternate General for you) who you think think agrees with you most. And if you become a General I will PM you the responsibilities of one.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 22nd, 2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:34 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I'd be interested if there was, say, some terrain and map related position.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
I'd be interested if there was, say, some terrain and map related position.
Then get to work on some scenarios and maps Kaiser!! We can't have an MS without the board.

If you want, you can start your own thread to help accompany this thread.

Quote:
I'd reconmend the five generals to be Ullar, Vydar, Aquilla, Einar, and Valkrill, as we already have plenty of Jandar and Utgar love.
After rereading this, I wonder if you know that Valkyrie Generals of the project are users ranks in the projects right? The final general layout should be decided by the group as a whole though I'd still want to include some Jandar and Utgar (esp. to keep the 2 double-hexed figures thing each MS)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 22nd, 2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Common Squad vs. Unique Squad... hmmm.

The plus of uniques in a MS is that unique squads are already at their fullest potential so, unless you want more terrain, you only need one set.

The plus of commons is that you have a swarming capability and the loss of one fig doesn't necessarily weaken the squad if you are playing multiples.

Tough choice so I will leave logical thinking out of it and go with just a personal desire...

Although I am fine with either, we need to make a choice and mine is Unique Squads.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:42 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Lamaclown: Warmonger
machinekng: Warmonger
Cheif: Temporary(or permanent if nobody else minds) Surgeon.

Guys, be sure to make a quick vote before the DL of October 1st(my bad about Augest DL) on what types of squads to include in this MS. Common and/or Uniques are the defining line between RotV and the other 2.

Quote:
originally posted by machinekng
Vydar:
Mummies + Hero I don't think a swarming Mummy squad will be good in a MS.
New Warforged Since DnD is now HS, I do think this is possible.

Ullar:
New Warlord YES!

Aquilla:
New Tribesmen YES!
New Preadators Sure, we just gotta get some ideas for them

Valkrill:
Needs heroes Lets relax on Valkrill until the previews are up, as we don't know his theme just yet, I too would like to get a hero or maybe 2 under his banner though.
As for the predators, you can see my R.O.U.S. custom for ideas. It uses a DnD Dire Rat sculpt for the figure.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...695#post963695

Quote:
After rereading this, I wonder if you know that Valkyrie Generals of the project are users ranks in the projects right? The final general layout should be decided by the group as a whole though I'd still want to include some Jandar and Utgar (esp. to keep the 2 double-hexed figures thing each MS)
I know that. I still think that this master set should be exclusive to those five generals. Jandar and utgar have gotten plenty of units in the previous master sets, escpecialy Utgar.

Other ideas:

Vydar:
If we can find the sculpts for them, I'd like to see a unique squad of telepaths.

Ullar: If you want double-spaced figures, a treant would be good.

Aquilla: A druid of sorts that transforms from a humaniod form to an animal form.
We might as well throw in her dragon.

Valkrill: We know his theme, Death and Destruction. Since he isn't getting moltenclaw, how 'bout he gets a Dracolich.

As for the squads, I'd have to vote for unique squads.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
I could go

Quote:
Vydar:
If we can find the sculpts for them, I'd like to see a unique squad of telepaths.
Interesting idea
Seems pretty good to me, just need to find an appropriate fig.
Aquilla: A druid of sorts that transforms from a humaniod form to an animal form.
I have thought extensively about shapeshifting abilities, the only troubles being balancing issues.
I personally want that Blue Thunder dragon, but I'd rather stay off of DnD sculpts for this piece. Mostly personal preference

Valkrill: We know his theme, Death and Destruction. Since he isn't getting moltenclaw, how 'bout he gets a Dracolich.
I don't know too much about those, so I couldn't help with the theme(or much else) on that one. Sounds like a meanie though

I saw that ROUS and though I think it will be possible to use something similar. Assuming it's a 1 hexed figure I think we could use a Big and Ugly Rodent for a Predator. Perhaps some sort of synergy with the spiders? Kind of like how Grimnak had synergy with Orcs before they were even released.

Some of my individual ideas:

A new Soulborg hero who can move and shoot at the speed of light! Piercing defense capabilities, but a chance to lose his entir turn due to malfuctions. Could go to Vydar, or Valkrill based upon how you'd view his method of fighting.

A Samurai knight complete with horse and counterstrike. Specialized for Einar.

Aquilla Dragon=Chain Lightning massacre?

I would like a remade Syvarris myself just for the heck of it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 22nd, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Vydar:
Interesting idea
Seems pretty good to me, just need to find an appropriate fig.
I have thought extensively about shapeshifting abilities, the only troubles being balancing issues.
I personally want that Blue Thunder dragon, but I'd rather stay off of DnD sculpts for this piece. Mostly personal preference
I don't know too much about those, so I couldn't help with the theme(or much else) on that one. Sounds like a meanie though
For my Celtic Invasion series of figures (based on Celtic mythology) I made a couple of figures with a shapeshifting ability. Although the shapeshifters weren't druids, I did make a squad of druids as well. Neither of them are posted in the thread yet, however.

Once we get to the point of creating figures I will post some of the ideas for them.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
I could go

@ Lamaclown

If you have stats, feel free to post them. We'll probably need a base for that type of thing without mucking up the rules too much

A pic of my samurai cavalry idea

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I don't really have a preference one way or the other between Common or Unique Squads. The original had Unique while the 2nd & 3rd had Commons. If the intent is to create a our own version of an RotV set, then let's go with Uniques.

There are lots of ideas bouncing off the walls in the thread. Before we start posting stats and figure proposals, perhaps we should come to a consensus about the species and basic traits of the figures we will create. We also need consensus on which generals will be represented.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
I could go

The Advisor has spoken!

I'll split mac's vote 50/50 with a mental note by Uniques. The other 3 votes I'm changing the DL to Sunday(Sept. 26) and unless we get another Warmonger, the final decision will be Unique Squads by reason of Advisor's advantage.

I like mac's idea to slow it down a tad and I'll gather all the ideas for species in general through this thread. After we agree on what we are making then we'll get to work.

Until we get to the next step everyone please PM all ideas not related to the current issue or questions that should be made known to me(flameslayer93). Thank you.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum