Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 24th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Batwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
@TrollBrute I think this bio should work, and it uses the helpful suggestions from the comments above.

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
I personally think this is a very well written bio that hits the highlights.
Agreed, though I personally have no experience of the character save what I found on Wikipedia when testing her - good job.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
@TrollBrute I think this bio should work, and it uses the helpful suggestions from the comments above.

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
I personally think this is a very well written bio that hits the highlights.
Agreed, though I personally have no experience of the character save what I found on Wikipedia when testing her - good job.
Thanks!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fixed some grammatical issues:

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to comply with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 24th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, but that leaves out any direct mention of
a) her sexuality
b) what the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy actually was; since people in the future might not be familiar with the rule
c)Kate's option to return to the military and her choice of the cowl over the armed forces, which I feel shows a lot of her character in and of itself

Besides, I don't see what grammatical errors you mean. Grammarly said my post was fine, and all my commas were used properly, so what's the deal?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 24th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
These are the only grammatical errors I caught. "Been," and a comma inside Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Old April 24th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
These are the only grammatical errors I caught. "Been," and a comma inside Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Good catch. Thanks!

Old April 24th, 2017, 11:22 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There's a bunch of partial sentences in what you wrote. How's this?

Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to comply with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, which forbade her to reveal she was a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.

Quote:
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
There's a bunch of partial sentences in what you wrote. How's this?

Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to comply with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, which forbade her to reveal she was a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
True, but I just went back into the original bio and tried to change as little as possible. I just didn't want to mess too much with what was originally written, and I can see where that created some problems. I didn't mean to trash what you wrote either, I just figured "since it was fine the first time, what was wrong now?" and asked. I see what you mean now, and I think what you wrote here is almost perfect. I've just got a couple of small tweaks before it's done.

Blue) I feel like this small change subtly adds to the idea that she quit out of a sense of integrity.

Red) I feel like it helps it flow better. It separates the meeting of Batman as its own event, and it paints a very cinematic picture of the moment that she became inspired to become Batwoman. It gives it the feel of a cohesive journey, and it particularly makes me think of this page from Batwoman Elegy of Batman swinging off into the night with her standing there after... You know what, I'm just going to link the page since it's kinda cool.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to comply with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, which forbade her to reveal that she was actually a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman. It was then, standing under the light of the Batsignal that she found a purpose again. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.

Last edited by quozl; April 25th, 2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: mistake!
Old April 25th, 2017, 08:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I prefered this wording...

After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality.

Rather than the "she was actually a lesbian" part.

I actually think this is about as neutral as we can be and still cover "the facts"*

Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman. It was then, standing under the light of the Batsignal that she found a purpose again. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
That's about as "family friendly" and socially conscience as we are going to get.

*well as factual as you can get about a fictional character.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to comply with the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, which forbade her to reveal that she was actually a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman. It was then, standing under the light of the Batsignal that she found a purpose again. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
I feel that "actually" is extraneous but I really like the sentence in red.

Quote:
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Never Forgets

It probably is, but I was already editing. I didn't think it would hurt. I do like the "her sexuality" wording better though.

Old April 25th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, we're starting to get too much of a 'written by committee' feel here. Taking some of the suggestions above and re-working the original a little, how about:

Quote:
Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie about being a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman. His dedication and the sight of the Batsignal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
This should hit the notes we're agreed on without getting too close to run-on sentences, and keeping the style consistent throughout.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library