Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Nominating Round 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
How does it work with inactive allies? If there is a good enough card can another ally run the design?
there isn't a rule but there are certain etiquette that should be followed.

1. You probably shouldn't run your first design using someone else's design. Work shop some designs of your own to show your interest/ability/passion.

2. You should talk to the person that has the write-up. For instance, I recently took over and tweaked a design that was "abandoned" I first contacted the person to confirm that they for sure were not planning on returning to design anytime soon and asked permission to take it over. I then talked to the Hero that worked with the ally in brainstorming and got their blessing as well.

3. If you have a design that is significantly different for the same character...post away and see if anyone else likes it. Then again talk to the original and see if you can combine things you like about both.

4. If the original has not logged on for quite some time, make a post in the Public thread and quote the design that you like or liked to make adjustments too. The Hero and Sidekicks and anyone that knows the person can weigh in and if we think they they are long gone we can call it an abandoned design.

Personally I think #2 and #1 are very important.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
How does it work with inactive allies? If there is a good enough card can another ally run the design?

1. You probably shouldn't run your first design using someone else's design. Work shop some designs of your own to show your interest/ability/passion.

2. You should talk to the person that has the write-up. For instance, I recently took over and tweaked a design that was "abandoned" I first contacted the person to confirm that they for sure were not planning on returning to design anytime soon and asked permission to take it over. I then talked to the Hero that worked with the ally in brainstorming and got their blessing as well.

3. If you have a design that is significantly different for the same character...post away and see if anyone else likes it. Then again talk to the original and see if you can combine things you like about both.

4. If the original has not logged on for quite some time, make a post in the Public thread and quote the design that you like or liked to make adjustments too. The Hero and Sidekicks and anyone that knows the person can weigh in and if we think they they are long gone we can call it an abandoned design.

This is good advice, though I think #1 is less important. You should definitely be invested fully in any design you are running, but I don't think it's a problem if a lot of the ideas came from someone else. C3G designs are a collaborative effort anyways.

#2 is the big one, if you ask me. It's not cool to 'steal' someone else's design, but if the original designer is no longer active or no longer interested in running the design, then it's fine for someone else to take the reins. Just communicate first! talk things over and make sure everyone is on board with it.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Gotcha

Pretty much my thoughts as well japes. and TB

I would add that no design is really claimed by anyone but the Heroes who do have a drafting thread but are usually not beholden to most of their drafts.

In other words, we encourage all to pursue their interests in earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
The only thing I've submitted I want to rework more. There's other ideas I could submit, but I'm not sure I want to break the mold on some things without getting buy in first.

~Dysole, not sure she's ready to respark that discussion
What discussion is that?
I am down for a good re-spark.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 12:07 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the reply! I just fancied some designs from seemingly inactive C3Gers and was curious if they were lost forever.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 12:10 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Unless someone brings them back, they will be lost.

Sad too.

Some have come really close to winning just to drift into obscurity.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Unless someone brings them back, they will be lost.

Sad too.

Some have come really close to winning just to drift into obscurity.
Well, if we're open to other people picking up designs, as you said before, that feels like a problem that's in people's power to avoid.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It seems like a shame to lose some fun designs. Especially when the designer hasn't been heard from in 2+ years.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Well, I suppose that's why japes's Rule 4 exists.

~Lazy Orang, who would love to see some designs such as Resurrection Man, The Unknown Soldier, some of Smithy's Stark's and Dex-Starr (though the last hasn't been inactive as long).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, there are a lot of great Ally write-ups that are caught in limbo.

We'd really benefit from having just 2-3 more active Allies right now to run tests and go for public designs. Hard to really fill out a poll with the limited number of people kicking around right now.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 01:57 PM

Certainly a great time to join.
Lots of opportunities.

I suppose if someone was to shine a light on some of these old designs, it could do a a lot to draw attention to the cause.

Vampire Jubilee and Hell Cow were a couple of my favorites. Oh and Judge Anderson.
What ever happened to the guy designing the Judges?
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
We'd really benefit from having just 2-3 more active Allies right now to run tests and go for public designs. Hard to really fill out a poll with the limited number of people kicking around right now.
There used to be rounds with 10-12 designs. Any new Allies would have a much easier time now. Just a couple more active members could keep the public side of things running nicely.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Certainly a great time to join.
Lots of opportunities.

I suppose if someone was to shine a light on some of these old designs, it could do a a lot to draw attention to the cause.

Vampire Jubilee and Hell Cow were a couple of my favorites. Oh and Judge Anderson.
What ever happened to the guy designing the Judges?
Oh, man, forgot about Bessie the Hell Cow - she needs to happen.

~Lazy Orang, who also can't wait to see that Judge faction get filled out.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy