Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 2nd, 2022, 10:14 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Missing Seven (AoA Personal Customs by Anitar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Zed: 160 points seems like a lot for those stats. His special is good, but at three defense getting that close will be pretty risky.
The man is a daredevil whose signature maneuvers involve darting in and out of where the fighting is thickest at the exact right times. If the message his card sends to you is "he's got some good stuff, but making the most of it is going to be risky", I think that's exactly where it should be.

Quote:
Ewashia: Ebb and Flow + Concealing Mist might be broken on certain maps. I think most maps (specifically waterless maps) she'll be pretty underwhelming, which is fine. I would either drop her range or drop the range of Concealing Mist to if she's standing on a water space. Otherwise she'll be able to kit back and forth around water spaces, god forbid you have a river on your map.
SotM Drake can do the same, Grappling across rivers and taking ranged potshots. I wonder what differentiates his case from my Ewashia, besides his higher cost? Is it the fact that you can target him with Specials?

Quote:
Onshu: I like Onshu. Onshu is cute. The wording of Projection is ever-so-slightly murky (range OR sight vs location AND target point. If I choose to use just range, do I have to use his target point? Etc.)
Heroscape fosters murky wording.
The intention is that you have to use Onshu for both if you're using Projection, but it can still be used in situations where you're only counting range but not sight, or only checking sight but not range.

Quote:
Girushia: She needs to be 165 not 65. Tangled is essentially all the Nakita Agents' abilities in one, with an even higher chance for engagement strike to trigger. Regrowth is also way too good with the tree clause. A great many tournament maps have trees or bushes these days. That gives Girushia a 70% chance to heal at least one wound every turn, but also a 40% chance to heal three wounds?? That's crazy good. That's so good. With Familiar flexibility she can just sit there creating and invincible wall against Melee with tangled while the Wizards blast away, and once every other round take a turn to fully heal against any ranged attacks.
Girushia... You're right, there's a bunch of stuff I didn't think through, like Tangle's effect on melee Squads (who always risk instant death if they advance too fast), or that you can Regrow without burning through an entire OM on her.
I'm rewriting things now. Perhaps if a successful Tangle roll can either wound the figure or end its move, and only 1 wound can be inflicted per turn (so the other three Knights might not manage to pin down Girushia, but they're not going to all drop dead from advancing too fast). Perhaps if the +8 tree bonus only applies to the criteria for healing 1 wound, and you still need a natural 20 to heal 3. Like that.

Quote:
Vrono: Vrono is funny. I like Vrono too. The Tearing Thorns failsafe is pretty solid. Drag Along seems pretty wordy, might be nice to simplify.
It's like Carry, but with rules regarding engagement because you're probably dragging enemies around. I don't think I can get more concise without muddling or changing the meaning;but if you have a suggestion, I'll gladly consider it.

Quote:
Oathbound: Honestly pretty solid. Playtesting should fine-tune the total point value (hard to imagine drafting one without the other). 160 seems alright, the healing mechanics might not work out as well as you'd hope.
It's not supposed to be perfect. Receiving several wounds at once, or getting wounded when you already have 4 Legionnaires, is supposed to cause a permanent decrease in your bug populace. That way, even an enemy that can only make one attack per OM isn't necessarily going to have all their hard work undone as the formation reassembles.

Quote:
This is picky but I don't love Break Apart as a name. I think something like "All for One" on the Legionnaires and "One for All" on the Phalanx might be cute. Or "Perpetual War" instead of Break Apart. Something that doesn't sound like an ability that a graham cracker also has.
It's a power in which their formation is broken down by force-- from their perspective, a bad thing. I don't see an issue with "bad things" having less-than-pleasant descriptive names, like the Obsidians' "Water Weakness".

Quote:
Great work! Would love to see some playtesting results, hope this feedback was helpful in some way.
The feedback is appreciated. The playtesting... I wouldn't even know where to begin, which is a more respectable way of saying that I haven't done any of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations