Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2008, 09:43 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Your HSers REPUTATION And You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I hope no one ever gives a bad rep without a comment. That would seem unkind and unfair.
Maybe require a comment for negative rep?
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
Quote:
I hope no one ever gives a bad rep without a comment. That would seem unkind and unfair.
Neg rep requires a comment.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

I'm still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles of the new site. I go away for the week and *poof* RENOVATION!

This seems like a good system. The more valuable the member, the more say they have. That's as it should be, I think. There are, of course, loopholes to be exploited but most of us here have much better things to do with out lives than conspire to increse our reps. Those that don't will likely be banned for other reasons.

If only we could make a rule that polls can only be initiated by people with reps of >/= 20 we'd be in great shape

So how do I get people to go back over my old posts to give me points? I had some gems in the past...

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
If only we could make a rule that polls can only be initiated by people with reps of >/= 20 we'd be in great shape
Hmmmm! good idea!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Neg rep requires a comment.
Glad to hear this. (I'm not surprised at all that you are way ahead of us.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
I'm still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles of the new site. I go away for the week and *poof* RENOVATION!

This seems like a good system. The more valuable the member, the more say they have. That's as it should be, I think. There are, of course, loopholes to be exploited but most of us here have much better things to do with out lives than conspire to increse our reps. Those that don't will likely be banned for other reasons.

So how do I get people to go back over my old posts to give me points? I had some gems in the past...
If you really have some excellent posts, you might want to put a link in your sig. I recommend that you also include a few other useful links to key threads that are not by you.

I appreciate it when good links are made available to everyone this way, such as in Kroc's sig. Most of the threads I like I can find just be finding a post made by Kroc .
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:31 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Glad to hear this. (I'm not surprised at all that you are way ahead of us.)
Yeah, thanks for the quick clarification.

And I totally endorse the <20 rep poll idea!
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
The 'fine print' details of the system:
  • Members may decide to show or hide their Reputation by toggling the "Show My Reputation Level" checkbox in the "Edit Options" section of thier "User CP". If members decide to hide their reputation, it will still be tracked by the system, and others may still make rep hits to that member, but only a single black card and "This User's reputation is disabled" will show in the titlebar of their posts. If a member's Reputation total is negative, it cannot be hidden.
Under what section in the Edit Options under User CP is this? I can't seem to find it, but I am technologically challenged so I may have just missed it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Is it OK to ask for rep if you have done something you think is worthwhile?
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:51 PM
is late for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I think some members would consider it poor form to directly ask. The best thing to do is to try to be helpful, and if you want rep you should do something helpful that stands out.
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
I think some members would consider it poor form to directly ask. The best thing to do is to try to be helpful, and if you want rep you should do something helpful that stands out.
Admins have unlimited rep to give out good or bad so doing things to impress them is where it is at...plus the rep they give is worth more (I belive it is +/- 10)

Nothing stops people from giving somone else rep fro whatever reason so if you want to keep giving rep to the same 10 people because they are your friends you could...but it isn't what the rep is for or about.
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:11 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Talking Re: Your HSers REPUTATION And You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Admins have unlimited rep to give out good or bad so doing things to impress them is where it is at...plus the rep they give is worth more (I belive it is +/- 10)

Nothing stops people from giving somone else rep fro whatever reason so if you want to keep giving rep to the same 10 people because they are your friends you could...but it isn't what the rep is for or about.
On the other hand, you could "ask" for rep by donating $15 to the site and becoming a supporter.

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Hmmm...maybe I can start auctioning my rep votes on eBay.

(Don't go there! Don't! It's an evil idea. Don't take it seriously. Don't!)
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online