Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:49 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Customs by Yodaking - Updated 2/8 - Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobang View Post
I was referring to the area on the roof, a ways back there, as being the 'extra little part'. The new one has some blank sections too, on the roof. I wonder if it would look better with partial sections of hex, maybe?

Still though, looks great as is.
Ahh, now I didn't quite understand what you were talking about. I guess my OCD is a little less than yours. lol I'm happy with the way they are. If I were creating something from scratch as a design for mass production, it would look a bit different but for a one time conversion it is what it is. My mind has already wandered off to new ideas, plus I have a small project I want to get done by the end of the month. Thanks for all the feedback!
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My mind has already wandered off to new ideas, plus I have a small project I want to get done by the end of the month. Thanks for all the feedback!
Oooh! I eagerly await your new ideas!
~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

lol... I did that just later today. I had a plastic dinosaur skeleton, plus rocks from my rock collection and my old Smithsonian crystl growing set... pretty cool looking as movement blockers. I had a bigger rock I could have used as an LOS blocker, but I was afraid it would break the tiles it was placed on. 0-0
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:58 PM

masonator97 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Very nice conversions Yodaking. Keep it up!

The cake is a lie...
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

I liked your rocks so I actually decided to try and make one of my own! I'm just doing a single-hex rock right now to see if it wors well. I cut a base with a traced single-hex beforehand and then trimmed my egg carton to that hex so the rock would fit over a single tile. But after I put down a grey base, I started putting more paints on while the previous colors I'd put on were still wet. The result being they started to layer and get a slightly glossy look. Probably worsening the fact is that I used a little hot glue instead of contour putty to fix up edges. When I painted over that it sometimes shone. Anybody have ideas on how I can dull it down at this point?
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Put a layer of black paint on it and start over? Then put a base coat of whatever shade of grey you want to use and let if dry completely. After that just dry brush on the next layers of different colors.
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Yep. By the way, did you use the cardboard egg cartons? I used the plastic-foamy egg cartons. They're pretty smooth. I'm thinking I should fill in a lot more gaps and try using modeling clay. It's probably the closest thing I have to Sculpy or craft putty. I have some plaster of paris around here somewhere, but I don't think that's... sculptable enough.
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:48 AM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I used the cardboard ones. They already have a nice texture to them that will show up nicely when dry brushing.
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM

lucsomers Woo who?

how did you make that tower
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

This picture is hilarious! Those Krav agents are in so much trouble.

Nice customs. The tower is great. I'm wondering if you have a thread for your figure repaints. I want a closer look at the royal Kaemon at the bottom edge of the picture. Looks interesting.

Keep up the good work.

~Spite
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

That KA repaint was actually the work of one of my friends. He doesn't get into terrain making like me, but has repainted a few of the heroscape figures. KA is one of his favorite guys. I really liked how it turned out so I put it in the pics when I as taking them. All those pics were done at his place (so that cat is actually his cat).

As far as the tower goes, it is two end towers from an old weapons and warriors game, put back to back and then spruced up a bunch.
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Man those are insane! I love the bridge and the temple especially! All of those must addd a whole new depth to the game and they must be fun to play with. And here I am making small 4 hex bridges out of popsicle sticks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles