Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Confred's Customs - Black Panther of Wakanda! WIP

Black Panther

Wakanda and its people are fiercely protected by traps and technology, set forth by the Black Panther
He is stealthy and appears when he wants to be seen. He is acrobatic.

Wakandan Royal Guard

A sample of the peoples he protects. Wakandans are intelligent and militaristic.
*.) Banding - I have an older version of HS MSE and don't know how to update to newer versions. If I were to write it Bonding, then autotext would word it differently from what I would want without a means to remove it.

--
Corrected Captain America more in scale to what I imagine him to be.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; January 19th, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Confred's Customs - Black Panther of Wakanda! WIP

Black Panther
Special Power 2 Changes:

1.) More clearly expresses why he is able to deep strike
2.) Unfortunately disables his ability to attack nonadjacent targets when engaged - which is acceptable.
3.) Free's up his Attack value to change. Currently liking his ratio now, but counter points are welcome.

Edit: Reduced SA Attack to 3

Last edited by Confred; February 1st, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM

Re: Confred's Customs - Black Panther of Wakanda! WIP

Prepare yourselves ...

Spider-Man!

Points? 120? 130? 140?
Edit: I originally had him at 140 and then knee-jerk reduced him to 120 for this picture. I have since changed him back. Thoughts?

Edit: Thoughts:
>Web Shooters: Should have a 20-sided die requirement.
>Evasive Defense: Either lower his Defense to 2 or change the power to a similar but more scaling effect: Count all shields rolled twice.: Tough

Sticky Web Glyph

Edit: Would love to add size stipulations for huge and larger figures.

Last edited by Confred; February 2nd, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Confred's Customs - Spider-Man

Why does your Swing Line not follow the official's wording? Seems really odd with the word "Lob" there. I ike the idea of the sticky web glyph!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Why does your Swing Line not follow the official's wording? Seems really odd with the word "Lob" there. I like the idea of the sticky web glyph!
Spidey, I binged on Heroscapers last week and needed a change of pace. I wanted some out of the box thinking. From there came the siblings to Special Attack: Special Move and Special Defense (and I suppose Special Range)

A Special Move replaces a normal move and is optional.
For this particular special move, the figure can move 4 spaces and ignore and move over elevations of up to 40. Also, while moving this way, the figure is never attacked for leaving engagements and doesn't take falling damage.

The glyph was also a practice in out of the box thinking. Using glyphs to save card space and convey additional and more complex powers is growing in popularity. What I did with this one was add the Removable special power. Previously, the removing stipulation would have been in the effect special power paragraph at the end of it. Now it is a separate power to increase modularity.

Edit: Also, Swing Line and Swing Line Special Move are technically two different special powers. I didn't intend on implying that this version is a 'corrected' version of the other.

Changes:
EVASIVE DEFENSE 4
When rolling defense dice, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and if you roll at least one shield, Spider-Man may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Edit: And thanks!

Last edited by Confred; February 2nd, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:25 AM

PLAY TEST
Map: Alkali Lake; no glyph
Opponent: Wonder Girl (randomly selected 140pt C3G character)
Defeated handily round1, turn3
Version Used:

This version is definitely not 140 points.
This version is possibly 260 points - I'm not sure I want him that strong
Web-Shooters are powerful. I perhaps should reduce the markers to one.
The victim never got out of their stickiness, I perhaps should reduce the Remove roll to 12.
His mobility is under review.

PLAY TEST 2
Map: Alkali Lake; no glyph
Opponent: Marro Stingers x3 Squads (180)
Defeated w/2 Life remaining
Version Used:
Reduced Swing Line to Move 3
Increased Points to 180
Reduced Sticky Web's Remove roll to 12

Spider-Man used his considerable mobility to get to the bridge, luring half the group up. I liked how splitting Swing Line into two moves felt; it felt like he was swinging.. I tried webbing the ladders but bad rolls reduced that strategy's effectiveness, when a figure did get webbed, they broke from it easy enough. But it did stall a few turns. I was beginning to worry about the turtleawesome of this character when the stingers broke free and 3 figures got onto the bridge and got Spidey down to 2 forcing him to run to the mountain side of things.
From here he tangoed with the other half of the forces. He heavily used his Evasive Defense, moving out of range of would-be assailant 2&3. There were some close calls though. His auto-shield saved him a few times.
Webbing instead of attacking felt slow and unrewarding, even when it worked. 4 attack dice seemed too much to give up. When he attacked instead of fiddling with his web, he splattered skulls more times then not.
I never got off a second web.
In playtesting, sometimes I'll make changes. I made one: Instead of attacking --> Before attacking. Doing this certainly made the web more effective. Before moving he would try to web, if he got it off, he would dart away to the other baddie. If it didn't work, he'd attack on. Without having to sacrifice an attack, using the web seemed like an automatic choice. I webbed the high ground just for the heck of it when no guys where in range once. With two Sticky Glyphs, Spider-Man can guard a key area and have one in the chamber for assailants.
Testing: "Before attacking"<"Instead of attacking"
Testing: Removable 13 <12<14
Concern: One fewer Sticky Web Glyph?
Concern: Attack 3?
Concern: Points 220?
(Without Attack decrease)

Edit: I liked the frantic fight of dodging and web slinging. Allowing Spider-Man to fight and sling made it a tad too easy, and will increase his points to the concerning 220 range.

Last edited by Confred; February 3rd, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:34 PM

PLAY TEST 3 Spider-Man (Mirror)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 4 Black Panther, Wakandan Royal Guard
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 5 C3G Daredevil
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 6 C3G X-23
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 7 Spider-Man (Official)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 8 Punisher (C3G)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 9 Molly Hayes (C3G)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 10 Lightning Lad (C3G)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 11 Spider-Man (Official)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 12 Shocker (C3G)
Spoiler Alert!

PLAY TEST 13 Tigra (C3G)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM

Re: Confred's Workshop: Spider-Man

Final Version
Spider-Man

Glyph of Sticky Web

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Cool take on Spidey. The web gylph is a great idea. I am not sure I understand the special move Lob 40 but I just read it once. I do like the Evasive defense power and will probably use it for someone.
Old November 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM

Version 1 of Loki was too wordy and an overall headache.

Old May 5th, 2016, 10:51 AM

Inspired by the latest Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool movie.

Old June 1st, 2016, 02:35 PM

Finished the Netflix Daredevil series.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations