Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 20th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Interesting discussion. I'll try to check up and write a response, especially since my name was thrown out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
And C3v does enough testing and aims so hard at b that I doubt it will change.
I'll just say this one thing now. Aiming hard for b means jack when you end up landing at A or -A. Edit: I don't think it needs said that A ranked units effect the meta.
Pfft. An occasional A or A- unit is not "affecting the meta." That's just variety. The old good units are still good. And to the extent there is some flux below the top 3 or 4 army builds, that's a good thing and not bad.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 20th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Interesting discussion. I'll try to check up and write a response, especially since my name was thrown out a bit.

Quote:
I'll just say this one thing now. Aiming hard for b means jack when you end up landing at A or -A. Edit: I don't think it needs said that A ranked units effect the meta.
Pfft. An occasional A or A- unit is not "affecting the meta." That's just variety. The old good units are still good. And to the extent there is some flux below the top 3 or 4 army builds, that's a good thing and not bad.
I'm sorry, but that's not true. A single A-level unit or card in ANY expandable game can effectively remove other A-level options from being viable. I can give examples from other games, if you'd like. It could absolutely happen in HeroScape as well.
Old November 20th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that's not true. A single A-level unit or card in ANY expandable game can effectively remove other A-level options from being viable. I can give examples from other games, if you'd like. It could absolutely happen in HeroScape as well.
We don’t aim for it. If it happens, it happens. And if the metagame is changed, by your definition, then so be it. If the alternative is stagnation, or not even trying, then I’d happily do it again.

Sounds like it’s more an issue of defining the term “changing the metagame” than anything else.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs