Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 8th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Remotely-Detonated Bomb (Permanent Glyph)/Vo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was asking that question myself when I made the thread and was looking at the different kinds of glyphs we have. I really don't know and just defaulted to what others had suggested about it being a permanent glyph. An equipment glyph can be picked up off the board right? I would be okay with someone like Flash picking up one of the bombs and placing it somewhere else before it gets detonated. That could be some fun strategic interactions. Can you pick up and drop an equipment glyph on the same turn? What are the other differences?
I really like that idea... but it would require another test. I think it's worth trying, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 8th, 2018, 05:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
They were tested as permanent glyphs, weren't they?
The way I used them in my tests were that once he dropped one on the board it just sat there until detonated and removed. I don't really know what that would make them as the fact they can be destroyed and removed suggests they are temporary to me. When I think of the permanent glyphs that came in the classic game, those were glyphs that started on the board already, but I believe we have moved past that idea a while ago. I also never made them go flying when he took a wound as I believe that is how permanent glyphs on a figure card are treated. Scarecrow doesn't ever loss his Fear Gas glyph does he? If he does I've been playing him wrong for a long time.

From a theme perspective they seem more like equipment to me, something that can be passed around and picked up off the ground. Just that then means when Rocket takes a wound they would all go flying though and I don't really like that idea. It would also mean once he dies they are placed on the board too, but since he's the only one that can detonate him (outside of one Superboy special power), they would serve no purpose once he's gone so placing them doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Not sure how to achieve both cleanly. A permanent or temporary (the Lazarus Pit doesn't go flying from a wound does it?) glyph that other figures can pick up off the ground and carry to a new location. Maybe add a power to this specific glyph card, something like this:

MOBILE PLACEMENT
A figure moving onto this glyph does not stop it's movement. After moving, figure that moved onto one or more of these glyphs may choose one of those glyphs and place it on any unoccupied space they moved over during that move.

Technically any figure that moves onto a space occupied by a permanent glyph must stop it's move right? I never intended for the bombs to prevent movement, only ending your move on or adj. to one would be potentially dangerous for you.
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I was asking that question myself when I made the thread and was looking at the different kinds of glyphs we have. I really don't know and just defaulted to what others had suggested about it being a permanent glyph. An equipment glyph can be picked up off the board right? I would be okay with someone like Flash picking up one of the bombs and placing it somewhere else before it gets detonated. That could be some fun strategic interactions. Can you pick up and drop an equipment glyph on the same turn? What are the other differences?
I think the big one is that if Rocket takes a wound and they are permanent Glyphs on his card he can't lose them. At least that's what I was reminded of during the He-Man/Skeletor discussions.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 8th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I think the big one is that if Rocket takes a wound and they are permanent Glyphs on his card he can't lose them. At least that's what I was reminded of during the He-Man/Skeletor discussions.
That can easily be fixed with a rider on Rocket's card though - not much of an issue. The big differences are that people could attempt to pick them up and move them while they're on the battlefield and that a thief like Scott Lang or Black Cat could attempt to steal one. Also, Rocket could pass them to his allies and allow them to move with them and drop them. I... kind of like those, thematically, and they'd add a little bit of strategy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 8th, 2018, 07:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I don't think anything needs changing. If it wasn't tested as an Equipment Glyph, I don't think we're going to accomplish a whole lot going back and retesting the design all the way through again by making it an Equipment Glyph. We already have numerous units that play with non-Equipment Glyph like Temporal Displacement, so it's not strange ground to tread in at all.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 8th, 2018, 08:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't really want to put Rocket back into testing and the glyphs themselves do not have an associated point value. Any tests we do on an update to them would be to test game mechanics rather then competitive impact, since the game mechanics are already in use that isn't really needed either. Any competitive value Rocket gains by being able to hand them off to an ally to deliver for him is offset by the fact that an opponent can now just move them to a location where they can't harm anyone. If people are going to lose their minds over them being moved around, I don't think the small bump up in fun is worth the large expenditure of resources and depressingly long drawn out discussion it results in is worth it. Just tell me if they should be a permanent glyph or a temporary glyph and lets move on to other things.
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

However you want to do it, YK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I would want to see an additional test if we switched to E-Glyphs not because I think it's gonna be super-busted from a competitive perspective (I think you're right that the downsides will offset the upsides), but because I just want to make sure someone's gotten hands-on with the product we're releasing. More a sanity check than anything, to confirm the gameplay still feels right.
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think they work best as Perm Glyphs. No reason to overcomplicate things. Yea as-is.

Last edited by johnny139; October 9th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of Remotely-Detonated Bomb (Permanent Glyph)

Quote:
Thanks for tackling the art here Arkham (as well as on DD & Rocket)! I've added the bio since no one had any comments on that.

I Propose we move this Glyph On Deck.

Japes - yea
Scape - yea
YK - yea
johnny139 - yea
@Ronin -

Just down to Ronin. Since no one else seems to have questions about a permanent glyph that is only temporarily on the board, I'll just leave it as a permanent glyph.
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Remotely-Detonated Bomb (Permanent Glyph)

Oh whoops, didn't realize I didn't vote here.

yea

We have other permanent glyphs that get placed on or removed from the battlefield by special powers - the Gas Glyphs even remove themselves.

The thing that makes a glyph temporary is if the effect resolves when you land on it. If we did a motion-sensor bomb that blew up as soon as you walked over it or something like that, that would make sense as a temporary glyph.
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:02 PM
C3G Landlord

This passes then! I don't believe we number the glyphs though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library