Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old May 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: KC's Underrated Unit Tourneys- NEW 2/28/09: Wolves of Ba

Nice report, killercactus. The title of the thread first led me to believe these took place in Kansas City(KC), but apparently that's your name and you live in Ohio.
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Nice report. That last army reminds me of one that sashiel suggested awhile back. Since then, I've always wanted to try that one out in a single-general event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Great report. I would like to mention that I was SOOOOO close to beating Phantazm. I would of beaten him If I would of won innitiative in the first round. Right before we started the game I get the AE down in perfect postition. Then I lose initiative and lose 3 AE. They were my first and I only get 1 wound on Raelin. But then I brought Nilf up who did 4 wounds to Sgt.Drake, killed Raelin, and killed like 8 4th Mass.
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is my battle report: I suck. That is all.
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really shouldve played DW8K instead of Cyprien. That would've given me a chance against Mass with his long range and defense.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM

Phantazm21Zero Woo who?

It was a great day and a great tourney. Thanks Killer for setting it up. Although it is only once in a blue moon that I play the Mass, it was fun. I must thank you for the lunch conversation that got me hooked on the idea of Drake, Raelin, and the Mass. I am just unlucky with Gilbert's dispatch rolls! I must admit that the game against Killercactus may have gone a little differently if the shields would have showed up, but that is the luck of rolling dice to resolve things! LOL
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantazm21Zero View Post
I must admit that the game against Killercactus may have gone a little differently if the shields would have showed up, but that is the luck of rolling dice to resolve things! LOL
Ehhh... you played that game much better than I did. I just marched right into you - I had no plan. I should heed my own advice....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:14 PM

Re: KC's Underrated Unit Tourneys- NEW 6:20:09 Sujoah

Northeast Ohio's latest tournament was in Alliance, OH at Taz's Gaming Store, put on by KCU Master 2007. I'll post the report soon - I have to go watch my wife sort clothes.

OK - clothes sorted. This tournament was 500 points, no ranged attacks allowed. My army was originally going to be this:

Warriors of Ashra x7 - 350
Acolarh - 460
Theracus - 500

I think this army would've done very well, but the games would've been boring and I might have been kicked somewhere I didn't want to be. Thinking that, I was going to switch to this:

Ornak - 100
Brunak - 210
Cyprien - 360
Marcu - 380
Blade Gruts x3 - 500

Then I thought to myself..... I wanna play something ridiculous. I wanted at least one special attack, so I decided to play:

Sujoah - 185
Spiders x3 - 305
Cyprien - 455
Sonya - 500

I figured I wouldn't do too well with this army against what would be there, but I knew I'd have a blast. I was correct on both.

Round 1 - KCU Master 2007's Little Brother (Zombies x on Feylund Fountain.

I'd never beaten this kid - I'm 0-2 against him with two brutal dice games. But, luckily for me, TJ only had 6 squads of Zombies and needed to borrow two squads from me. In return, I stipulated that hecouldn't use his holy dice cup of ridiculousness if he played me. Man, did that ever work out.

I didn't think I really stood a chance against this army. I was basically giving him 9 Zombies with my Spiders, and I didn't think I had enough attacks per Order Marker to kill them quickly. However, he spent some attacks on Sujoah which allowed me to keep my spiders alive and keep my 4 attacks going. I also had the Common Attack glyph most of the game (the Mitonsoul glyph was on his side). Sujoah and the spiders did far better than I thought they would. I had two spiders left with Sujoah went down, so I sent in Cyprien to try and clean up the rest. I was careful to keep him in positions where he couldn't be Onslaught attacked, and hopefully only attacked once or twice. I had him eat the last two spiders to get back life, and also to make sure they didn't become more Zombies. TJ never stepped on the Mitonsoul glyph, because he thought it only affected his figures.... but Cyprien was able to clean up the rest of the Zombies.

Win, 1-0, 480 points

Round 2 - KCU Master 2007 (Romans x4, NGS, Brunak, Raelin, Marcu) on Invasion

I wasn't crazy about this matchup either, but I knew that Sujoah and Cyprien had decent shots against the heroes. Sujoah was able to kill Raelin fairly quickly, and he and the spiders took out a few Romans, but couldn't do anything to Brunak or NGS - not enough. When Cyprien came out, I had him bounce around the board and try to stay away from multiple attacks. His Chilling touch hit for 6 wounds against Romans, and for nothing against the heroes. I was doing well bouncing around for a while until I left him a bit too exposed and his defense dice failed. Sonya managed to kill about 5 romans before she went down. I was disappointed - a couple more rolls at the right time and I could've taken it.

Loss, 1-1, 760 points.

I've gotta stop for tonight - I'll finish it later.

EDIT: It's later.

Round 3 - Darkness1717's dad Steve (Krug, Raelin, Khosumet, Anubians x3) on Frozen Pass.

This game started out with the revealing of glyphs to find Astrid and Jalguard - perhaps the two most broken glyphs in this format (Ivor obviously did nothing). I yelled out "Are we really playing with the Defense +2 glyph?" and got a "Yes" response from KCU Master. Thanks to the normal snow and ice, my scurrying Spiders could make it to both glyphs in one turn. Ouch.

I won initiative and took both glyphs, while positioning Sujoah for a next turn strike. After he moved up Krug, I flew in Sujoah and engaged Raelin from high ground. My Poison Sting inflicted a wound, and I rolled a 20. So much for his +2 defense. Then I started moving up my 3-4 Spiders, and soon had his entire starting zone infested. My next attack from Sujoah from high ground on Khosumet yielded 5 skulls. So much for his +1 to Unleashed Fury. All this time I was completely ignoring Krug running around, leaving engagements and trying to get wounded. Steve rolled a natural 20 with the Anubians and put 5 wounds on Sujoah, but couldn't kill him, since he had high ground and the Defense +2 bonus. I just kept up the onslaught of an attack of 5-6 and three attacks of 3-4 every turn, and the Anubians fell quickly. I then turned to Krug and concentrated all firepower on the super-hero-destroyer. He took a couple of Spiders with him but fell. Cyprien and Sonya just made out in the starting zone the whole time.

Win, 2-1, 1260 Points

Round 4 - Steve Ullum (X17, Raelin, Brunak, Warriors of Ashra x4, Otonashi) on Jungle Swamp Road (I think).

Blah.... I didn't like this matchup when I looked at it. X17 spelled trouble for Cyprien, so I knew I had to take him out, and Cyprien was about my only chance at taking down Brunak and a lot of WoA. I sent in Sujoah and the Spiders first, concentrating on taking out X17, Raelin, and as many Ashra as I could. Sujoah's Poison was effective again on Raelin, taking her out. I wanted to kill Ashra next, but Sujoah had taken a bit of damage and I knew he was my only chance at killing X17. So, I flew at X17 and didn't inflict a wound with Poison Sting for 4 turns. However, on the 4th turn I inflicted 3 wounds, and the D20 put on the other two, taking the Major down. During the melee, my Spiders had managed to take out some whiffing Ashra and Sujoah Stung a couple more before they all went down.

When the dust settled, Steve had a full health Brunak and 6 Ashra left - 210 points. Sujoah and the Spiders killed 290, which is about even. More importantly, they'd killed the unit that Cyprien couldn't. Once Cyprien reached Brunak, he immediately threw a 20 for Chilling Touch. Nice. Now, Cyprien against 6 Ashra shouldn't be too bad....

Wrong.

I didn't kill a single one of the Ashra. Cyprien just decided he wasn't going to roll shields or anything above a 6 for Chilling Touch. It only took 2 Ashra to bring him down. I tried to nab a couple with Sonya, but she couldn't succeed where here husband also failed. I gave myself a chance, but it was not to be.

Loss, 2-2, 1690 Points

Round 5 - Sarah (Concan, Raelin, Sentinels x3, Isamu) on Feylund Fountain.

I wasn't very fond of this matchup either, but only 9 Sentinels didn't seem like too daunting a task for Sujoah and Cyprien. The task was made much easier when the glyphs were revealed to be Negation and +1 Defense, and I won Initiative. My Spiders took both glyphs and negated Raelin's powers. Sujoah and the Spiders then went to work on the Sentinels, but only managed to kill 5 of them before they were all dead. Ouch.

I had a heck of a task ahead of me for Cyprien, and he failed again. Cyprien was able to kill 1 Sentinel, Isamu, and put 3 wounds on Raelin. I had him bouncing everywhere around the map, taking the fewest amounts of hits I could while trying to kill her units. Again, Chilling Touch and defense dice really failed me. Had I been a bit luckier, I could've taken this game (and the last one), but I'd already burned all my luck on the prior games I guess. The Sentinels fittingly killed Cyprien and Sonya on the same turn.

Loss, 2-3, somewhere around 1950 points and a 7th or 8th place finish.

I was the highest scoring 2-3 player (I think - Darkness might've been higher by a little), and I had a chance to win all of my games. A couple of them came down to poor placement by me, and a couple times the dice just did me in. But, when you're playing with D20 figures, that can happen very easily. Anyway, I had a blast playing the army, and I think it might actually perform a bit better with Range being allowed - all that speed I had went to waste.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; June 24th, 2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: finally finished this
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds like fun!

I really admire your use of less competitive units in tournaments.
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM

I finally finished the Sujoah report. I might have to try and find time to play him again with there's some range. The speed of the army really didn't help me much.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

I had 2340. I almost beat Will and would have went 3-2, remember. Cyprian just bounced around on my game against KCU too, and Jotun just sat in my starting zone.
Old June 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Nice battle reports. I find it fascinating that you used both Cyprien and Sujoah together since the 2 share many similariites yet Cyprien is considered awesome but Sujoah isn't. Here is how I would compare the 2 units

Cost: Sujoah costs 185 vs Cyprien/Sonya costing 195. Advantage Sujoah

Size: Sujoah's Huge size prevents him from many abilities that hurt Cyprien. Advantage Sujoah

Speed: Both have an awesome 8 Speed but being single spaced with Stealth Flying. Advantage Cyprien

Life: Both have very good 6 Life but Life Drain allows Cyprien to typically require more than 6. Advantage Cyprien

Attack: Sujoah as +1 Attack and bonds with a squad meaning a possible 4 attacks per activation. Cyprien only has a maximum of 2 attack but 1 can bypass defense and he does not have to rely on other figures. Advantage Cyprien

Defense: They both have 4 Defense

Miscellaneous: Cyprien gets rocked by Soulborg armies. Advantage Cyprien

Flexibility: Sujoah somewhat obligates one to draft Spiders whereas Cyprien obligates one to draft units that can reliably beat Soulborgs. Even

Conclusion: Is Life Drain, an Unblockable Attack, slightly better mobility, and a huge weakness worth 10 more points than Huge Size Immunity and the potential for 4 attacks in a turn? Probably yes but not sure if all of that makes Cyprien tons better

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports