Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 29th, 2018, 04:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Man-Thing (Breathing)

With a life bump, I could see that working out well when factoring in the base defense will often be 6 and he can heal.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:02 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

That'd give us:
Quote:
LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~280

EMOTIONAL PROVOCATION
After Man-Thing or any figure within 5 spaces of Man-Thing rolls defense dice, you must move Man-Thing as close to the attacking figure as possible. If you end this move adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure. When moving with Emotional Provocation, Man-Thing will take any leaving engagement attacks. If a figure makes a leaving engagement attack against Man-Thing, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

PLANT VITALITY
Man-Thing rolls 1 additional attack and defense die while on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space. Once per round after taking a turn with Man-Thing, if he is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or a Jungle Piece, or on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space, remove a Wound Marker from this card.

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When defending against an attack, each blank rolled counts as an additional shield, or two additional shields against a normal attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:08 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That sounds good. I like Yodaking's first suggestion, except that it would easily be confusing remembering that shields are +1 in normals while blanks are +2 in specials.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would definitely add a Fearless immunity to the first power, even if it's just for the first auto-wound - good call Ronin. People that don't feel afraid have definitely stymied him before, it's a usual plot beat.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd actually be okay with 7 life since he will be taking so many LEA and he only heals after taking a turn. If you are okay with that design as is, I'm okay with it too. If the tests show he isn't working out as intended, then I'd consider making the healing work after taking a turn or at the end of the round to insure he gets at least 1W healed per round. Plus the auto wound for making a LEA still seems like a good idea to me to cut down on the swarm with LEA strategy. If an auto-wound seems too strong, you could make it so that any figure who fails to deal a wound with a LEA takes a W. Then it is a either/or decision to make, you take a wound or he does. That might cut down on the number of LEA's he takes.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I would definitely add a Fearless immunity to the first power, even if it's just for the first auto-wound - good call Ronin. People that don't feel afraid have definitely stymied him before, it's a usual plot beat.
I'm not against it, but wouldn't the violent emotions of attacking someone draw the same discomfort within him? I know fear is a big red flag for him, but the violent emotions within someone attacking is what's drawing him to lash out in the power, not the fear of the defender.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If an auto-wound seems too strong, you could make it so that any figure who fails to deal a wound with a LEA takes a W. Then it is a either/or decision to make, you take a wound or he does. That might cut down on the number of LEA's he takes.
I had considered the "if they fail to roll a skull then they take a wound" approach. I'd be fine with it, but I also liked the idea of both potentially failing, or both succeeding that both rolling the unblockable gives. Either way is fine though.

As for the healing, he'll be healing once per round currently if he takes a turn. But we'll see how it plays out, after each turn may not be out of the question.
Old June 29th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm not against it, but wouldn't the violent emotions of attacking someone draw the same discomfort within him? I know fear is a big red flag for him, but the violent emotions within someone attacking is what's drawing him to lash out in the power, not the fear of the defender.
Yeah, but in the same way that Scarecrow's fear gas can bring out paranoia, anger, and other negative hallucinatory experiences. Fear is the big iconic trigger for him - I mean, he's a horror character after all - and it feels weird to not have that represented somewhere on the card.
Old June 29th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd still let him run at Fearless figures, I just wouldn't let him roll the unblockable against them.
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:31 PM

Re: The Book of Man-Thing (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

Conversation has died down here so I updated the SP with the latest suggested version with the fearless immunity.

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
@Ronin
@johnny139
@Yodaking
@japes
@Tornado
@Spidey'tilIDie
@SirGalahad - Abstain
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea
Old July 1st, 2018, 02:27 PM

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Any concerns or suggestions for playtesting?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library