Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM

vydar1970 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Prioritizing My Acquisitions

I am coming to Heroscape a bit late. Therefore I am trying to prioritize my buying of the pricier older packs.

I have my eye on a Heroes of Barrenspur pack right now. Are the figures in that pack fun and effective in play? I really like the look of the big guy in the pack.

Also, what others from the list below would you prioritize? If it helps, for non-Utgar forces, I really like Ullar. I think my group and I would like to try to play faction based forces, maybe mixing here and there when necessary.

Malliddon's Prophecy - Grut Orcs
Jandar's Oath - Heroes of Nastralund
Jandar's Oath - Kilts and Commandos
Zanafor's Discovery - Greeks and Vipers
Zanafor's Discovery - Lawmen and Samurai
Zanafor's Discovery - Soulborgs and Elves
Raknar's Vision - Heroes Of Lindesfarme
Thora's Vengeance - Gladiators & Agents
Thora's Vengeance - Soulborgs
Dawn of Darkness - Archers & Kyrie

There are others I don't own as well, but these are the ones that catch my eye.

Thanks!

Von Klaus

Von Klaus
"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." --Friedrich Nietzsche German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
Old August 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Re: Prioritizing My Acquisitions

Yes, the wave two heroes are very good, krug, (The troll) Is one of the most loved units there is.

I would recomend buying multiple commons later, they are just a bigger cash development, plus, two seperate packs add more fun then two of the same.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydar1970 View Post
I think my group and I would like to try to play faction based forces....

Faction based is the way to go
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

What Should You Get? The Waves Ranked
A rough Guide to buying Commons
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cav comes to save the day!
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Barbasol is surprisingly tart

Quote:

Thora's Vengeance - Gladiators & Agents
Unfortunately most of those are hard to come by right now. Check out Billtog's excellent shopping guide. On the bright side, you can easily prioritize by getting the ones that are available!

Raknar's Vision I'd definitely recommend. It was a while before I finally got a large figure pack to go with my ROTV and it was great fun to add more dragons and other large figs. Included in that set is Jotun, a giant fighting for Ullar.

I've only been doing this for a few months, but my advice is buy any of the older wave packs that are still available while you can. They'll all come back eventually but it could be a while. Back when I started I passed up a few packs I now wish I had snagged!
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbasol View Post
my advice is buy any of the older wave packs that are still available while you can. They'll all come back eventually but it could be a while. Back when I started I passed up a few packs I now wish I had snagged!

(Guys, can I give the rule? can I give the rule?)

The rule that originated on this site for purchasing (I can never remember who came up with it):
If it's Unique and you don't have one, get one. If it's Common and you don't have three, get three.

So whatever Commons you decide to get (the blue packs), I recommend getting a few. Commons increase in potential and are much more fun if you use them in multiple.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Heroes of Barrenspur is a great choice, vydar1970. If your a fan of Utgar and Ullar, I'd go with:

Grut Orcs (great pack)
Soulborgs and Elves (cool and good pack)

Ahhhhh Heroes Of Lindefarme is also a really great pack and it features 2 Ullar figures. I'd say Rats and Warriors Of Ashra would really be your pack but I assume you already have it.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll rank them as

Thoara's Vengence-gladiators and Agents

But that's just by my personal preferance. I really like all the packs there, except for the gladaitors and nakitas. I really want Borgs and Elves, and after that I would like Soulborgs, but only if I have the soulborgs and elves. It's complex like that, me having one pack makes me want a different pack more.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM

Hilo-scaper is surprisingly tart

I would suggest that you get what you can get your hands on for a good price. Even though Krug is one of the most beloved figures (go figure why an ogre is a beloved figure) and Me-Burq-Sa is also a great unit, they are kind of expensive right now. They will be re-released in time, so instead of spending too much on them, I would say grab what is available/cheap right now and enjoy those units before looking for rare items. Adding any units that you don't already have contribute greatly to the dimensions of the game.

Latest great traders: pjnormandin, Porkins, Dad_Scaper, beisaic, Greyelephant, the incredible mate, FerryMarcellis, MacBryce, bige51148, Nano*22, Retlaw, Just_a_Bill, Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbasol View Post
my advice is buy any of the older wave packs that are still available while you can. They'll all come back eventually but it could be a while. Back when I started I passed up a few packs I now wish I had snagged!

(Guys, can I give the rule? can I give the rule?)

The rule that originated on this site for purchasing (I can never remember who came up with it):
If it's Unique and you don't have one, get one. If it's Common and you don't have three, get three.

So whatever Commons you decide to get (the blue packs), I recommend getting a few. Commons increase in potential and are much more fun if you use them in multiple.
I thought the rule was "If it's Scape and you don't own it, buy it! And if you ever see a Common pack, buy it!"

I can name each of the Common packs I have seen and regret having not purchased, but I can't think of any Scape purchase I have ever regretted when I did buy it. (Spite is absolutely right that more Commons really does open up the game in excellent and fun ways.)

Enjoy the addiction.

(I don't need to repeat any other advice--you've got great links and ideas here.)
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have my eye on a Heroes of Barrenspur pack right now. Are the figures in that pack fun and effective in play? I really like the look of the big guy in the pack.
I can't recommend that pack enough. It has awesome written all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion