Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker
Tiamat Encounter

Tiamat is an epic queen of evil chromatic dragons. My first encounter with Tiamat was on Saturday morning D&D the Animated Series from back in the 80's.

Since I started playing Heroscape I've looked around for ideas for custom armies and adventures. I came across a D&D mini of Tiamat on Ebay and picked it up for my collection.

So I thought it would be cool to make a custom card and my ambitions would be complete. My dilemma was how does a "Unique Hero" card come close to capturing the epic evil awesomeness of Tiamat? It's been tried and I have gone away in disappointment. Not to say the Cards aren't brilliant. I think there's some great Customs out there.

Over the last several months (more like a year now) I've been researching and planning out a Tiamat Encounter for Heroscape complete with scenario instructions for game play and battlefield.

There are some great resources here at Heroscapers. Thanks to everything everyone has gone before and done!

Scenario
Spoiler Alert!

Details
Spoiler Alert!

Cover
Spoiler Alert!

Page 1
Spoiler Alert!

I've also put together a battlefield with building instructions. Now I'm working on the actual battle scenario. I've got some ideas that look like a lot of fun. My attempt at character "balance" (if there is such a thing for Tiamat) is the "380" in point value. That gives a bit of room to throw in a couple of minions into the mix to stir things up. I think that might be far too low because essentially I've set Tiamat as if she is 5 Unique Heroes in one. Personally I've never played with more than a couple heroes and a squad or two for my armies.

My kid only has patience enough to play Basic Scape so I don't know how much testing I'll get to do in the near future.

Ok, so here is Page 2. The rest of the pages are instructions on building the battlefield.

Page 2
Spoiler Alert!

Battlefield Pic 1
Spoiler Alert!

Battlefield Pic2
Spoiler Alert!

Battlefield Terrain List
Spoiler Alert!

Update:
The New Tiamat and Bases

Somehow I missed the release of this new adventure from D&D, http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabl...ts/rise-tiamat I think I was overly busy with school. Thankfully I found out before the prices went through the roof.

Here is a decent review of the new D&D Tiamat and Bahamut Dragons http://gravengames.co.uk/dd-miniatur...ragons-review/

Below are some pics of the new Tiamat sculpt and some comparisons in the Heroscape environment. The last picture is of some new bases I made since it is a snap to re-base a flying figure.

Tyranny of Dragons - Tiamat
Spoiler Alert!

Download Links
Character & Battle Sheets 2 pages 4.5 MB
Fate's Chasm Battlefield Build 4 pages 10.9 MB

Last edited by Blatimus; March 25th, 2015 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Updated Rule Changes

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios