Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 28th, 2014, 03:40 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just got back from some gaming at a friends house. We played Bootleggers, Ticket to Ride, Bang the Dice Game, and Smash Up. All in all had a lot of fun, especially with Bootleggers trash talking and extorting money from people. I started to get a reputation as the one no one would trust to make a deal with.
Old December 28th, 2014, 04:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Have solitaired the first 8 of the 20 new scenarios in Commands and Colors Napoleonics: The Prussian Army. For my comments on their balance see bgg. The Prussians seem to be the strongest match up for the French, as they melee well in defense. However, in the initial 1806 campaign, since they historically did so poorly, they are down one Command Cards, sometimes only have a hand of four, and usually go second.

The 1813 campaign is also covered, as well as three 1815 Waterloo battles. One French player says the Waterloo campaign is not that popular in France! "We won so many battles--why are you guys always doing Waterloo?"
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Played a game of Fallen with @MegaSilver . A lot of fun for the storytelling as we went along, and a pretty good game to boot. His heroic Knight made a mess of my dragon's dungeon, but in the end he was no match for Sythean in single combat.

After that, he, the wife, and I played 7 Wonders. Really awesome game, kinda makes me sad that I hadn't gotten it sooner. Good flavor, art, and a short playtime that is actually a short playtime! My Rhodos' slightly superior military outscored their cities 55-45-36.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@NecroBlade , 7 Wonders is a pretty neat quick game. I've played it a bunch with 6 or 7 players. Would like to try it with only 3 or 4 to see how different it is.

Knocked out the rest of the base set campaign for Mice and Mystics.

Played Chapter 8 again and won this time, then Chapters 9 and 10. Lost the first time in Chapter 11, but managed to just squeak by with the 2nd attempt.

I'll take a break from continuing to Heart of Glorm and Downwood Tales, as I've played around 13 games of M&M in the past week (including 3 or 4 replays to get through chapters). I'll likely continue my Warfighter campaign next week, as I have 3 of 5 missions done in the Jungle against the drug cartel. Want to get through those to move onto the 5 missions against the Middle-East insurgents, and then to the 5 against the Middle-East military. Though I'll game night Monday night, a little bit on New Years Eve and a partial game day on the 2nd of Jan. Great stuff!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 28th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got my first win in a 4-player Sheriff of Nottingham game today. Wife of G-O came in a close second and approved, which makes it a keeper. Also, got in a few Space Hulk missions and prepared for tomorrow's Mice and Mystics Downwood Tales scenarios.
Old December 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Got my first win in a 4-player Sheriff of Nottingham game today. Wife of G-O came in a close second and approved, which makes it a keeper. Also, got in a few Space Hulk missions and prepared for tomorrow's Mice and Mystics Downwood Tales scenarios.
I really like Sheriff of Nottingham. Fun game for sure!

Look forward to hearing how Downwood Tales goes for you G-O. I played all the chapters in 2013 and early 2014, and in various stages of development. I just got the "official" Downwood Tales a couple weeks ago and it was great to see the final components. Quite awesome! It certainly cranks it up a notch from the base set for sure. Tons of variety in many aspects.

I just got through the base set on campaign mode, so it will be nice to get through the "official" Glorm, and then the "official" Downwood Tales.

Old December 29th, 2014, 02:45 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
. . .
After that, he, the wife, and I played 7 Wonders. Really awesome game, kinda makes me sad that I hadn't gotten it sooner. Good flavor, art, and a short playtime that is actually a short playtime! My Rhodos' slightly superior military outscored their cities 55-45-36.
I heard good things about 7 Wonders and yesterday I found a copy in excellent condition at a Thrift Store for $2.97, so I HAD TO buy it. Now maybe I'll finally get a chance to play it.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
. . .
I heard good things about 7 Wonders and yesterday I found a copy in excellent condition at a Thrift Store for $2.97, so I HAD TO buy it. Now maybe I'll finally get a chance to play it.
I have to start going to thrift stores

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Splendor is the Deal of the Day at Miniature Market for only $19.99. Great price for a good game.

It's a fun, light game that is good for the family or regular gamers. I've played it about 11 times with other people's copies of the game, but just ordered it for myself, considering the good price.

Old December 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do like Splendor, and my wife enjoys it as well, so it's a winner.

Over the holiday week-end, I played a few games.

On Christmas Day, my family and I went to a gathering at the neighbor's house. They are big fans of card games, so we played spades, blitz, etc. W also got in several games of Pit, which they had just picked up. I'd never played it, but it was a very fun, easy-to-learn, chaotic party game. I'd recommend it for any big group.

My family and I later played Dixit, which was a hit. I also played Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small with my wife, and she claims to have enjoyed it.

Lastly, I got in several solo games of Imperial Settlers while watching a movie after the kids fell asleep. I do like this game a lot.

I received several games for Christmas, but I haven't had the chance to play Fortune and Glory, Imperial Assault, or Sheriff of Nottingham.
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Over Christmas I mostly played Dominion. I got three games in with extended family, and one with my wife. The last three of those played games were with Cornucopia, which I got for Christmas. It is a neat expansion for the game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

double post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games