Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 24th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I really can't recommend highly enough the BBC's Poirot series, based on the Agatha Christie character, with David Suchet in the title role. Those shows are *so* good.

For those who liked that, G. K. Chesterton's Father Brown is a good choice. Or the other way around.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 28th, 2020, 12:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Started watching season 2 of Altered Carbon with Anthony Mackie. Have gotten through the first 3 episodes and dig it. I watch this show by myself, others not interested, and while so far season 2 isn't too mature for my 17 year old twin daughters, the first season was a but much for them.

Also, my daughters got my wife to watch Daredevil with us. She just covers her eyes during the violent parts.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 2nd, 2020, 11:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Finished season 2 of Altered Carbon tonight. I really enjoyed it.

Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:16 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I watched Season 2 this weekend and enjoyed it as well. Poe is one of my favorite characters.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 07:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

For sure, Poe is awesome. I like Anthony Mackie as the Falcon in Marvel movies, but his acting in Altered Carbon wasn't the best, though I thought he showed more range in the later episodes. But the actor playing Poe really has some mad acting skills.

Old March 8th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

I started watching Peaky Blinders and have gotten through the first 2 episodes. I really dig it. Cool period piece, just after WWI in Birmingham, England and based on the Peaky Blinders gang that was real.

I started watching it as part of research for an rpg game called Blades in the Dark. This series was one of the several references the designer of the game suggested to get the feel of the setting for the world in his game. Glad I started watching it, as it's really good on its own, but also gives me ideas for the world in which I hope to run the rpg some day.

What makes Blades in the Dark cool

Old March 8th, 2020, 03:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Peaky Blinders is good. Just not happy with how the last season ended, waiting for the next season now is a chore.
Old March 8th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey! I love that show, and had no idea that the Peaky Blinders were a real gang!

Cool.

= =
Old March 11th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, Peaky Blinders is good. Just not happy with how the last season ended, waiting for the next season now is a chore.
I'm only on episode 5 of the first season, so I have a bit of time to get to that part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hey! I love that show, and had no idea that the Peaky Blinders were a real gang!

Cool.
Another interesting thing is that Thomas Shelby, the main character, is Cillian Murphy, who played Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

Old March 11th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

He'd be a heck of a James Bond, IMHO.

= =
Old March 11th, 2020, 08:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

I agree.

Old March 11th, 2020, 11:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cillian Murphy is great. Also apparently my twin. I had two separate people In the span of a week, once, tell me I look just like him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV