Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
How's this?

Major Q9 180
Rats x3 120
Deathwalker 8000 130
marro wariors 50
Isamu 10
Total-490
It has lots of good options against squads, but lacks against high defense heroes. Maybe take out Isamu, a squad of rats and the MWs and add the Old Drake?
Old December 31st, 2007, 01:27 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
What do you all think about this one:

Major Q10 - 150
Sonlen - 310
Nilfheim - 495

I guess it's lacking in board control, but it's got special attacks up the wazoo, two large figures immune to specials, flying, lots of range and even healing. Not to mention order marker placement would be pretty easy.
You've got three figures with sixteen life to absorb all the attacks. Your highest defense is five. Survivability is probably the biggest concern with this army. A few "un/lucky" rolls could end the game quick.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Here's an army I played last night and had good luck with. Has anyone ever tried this?:

Minions of Utgar x3 330
Warden 816 90
Zettian Guards 70
Isamu 10

When I played this army, I first took out the Minions with the movement enhanced Zettians doing a little backup. The Warden and Isamu were to handle the endgame.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:31 AM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
This is an army I played with today.

Sgt. Drake SotM-170
Marro Stingersx4-240
Raelin RotV-80

and I guess Isumi

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Here's an army I've been thinking about - what do you guys think the weaknesses of this army are?

Braxas - 210
Brunak - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Raelin RotV - 80

Total = 500

I see three possible problems:

1) Q9 or some other tank - There isn't a huge amount of raw firepower here, but I do have two heroes with a normal attack or 4 or greater.

2) Sheer lack of numbers - there are only 6 units to kill here, but Brunak and the Krav have great survivability (especially with Raelin) and both Brunak and Braxas are efficient at getting rid of swarms.

3) Cyprien Esenwein - I'm not sure this army has enough repeated offense to bring Cyprien down without a lucky gassing from Braxas.

The first two things I think I can at least deal with some of the time - the only real problem I can see on the surface (without playtesting) is Cyprien. Everyone in this army has at least 6 move, it has 2 multiple special attacks to deal with rats and swarms, it can bypass high defense sqauds, it has good survivability, only 3 army cards that will ever need an Order Marker (assuming Brunak is carrying Raelin, she'll need her own marker to fly to a high point) and both Brunak and the Krav are good glyph holders. Can anyone else see some real problems with this?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
What do you think of this army?

Sentinals of Jandar x2 -220
4th Mass x1 - 70
Charos - 210

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Solves Everything
This is an army I played with today.

Sgt. Drake SotM-170
Marro Stingersx4-240
Raelin RotV-80

and I guess Isumi
That looks like a fun one. It's Isamu. Izumi are the samurai.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
What do you think of this army?

Sentinals of Jandar x2 -220
4th Mass x1 - 70
Charos - 210
It seems that it has lots of good defens and glyph grabbing, but 1x 4th Mass probably isn't enough. What is your strategy with it and who did you base it around?
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How about this?

350 Aubrien Archers x5
110 Acolarh
40 Theracus

500 Total

Just trying to think of something that would make Acolarh save his points' worth. Always put order markers on Theracus instead of the Flagbearer, thus keeping Acolarh in range to save archers but still behind the lines to avoid getting killed too soon.

With a lot of practice and clever planning you could hopefully even use him to boost the Aubriens' movement often, especially out of the starting zone or rushing to the middle of the battlefield.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
How about this?

350 Aubrien Archers x5
110 Acolarh
40 Theracus

500 Total

Just trying to think of something that would make Acolarh save his points' worth. Always put order markers on Theracus instead of the Flagbearer, thus keeping Acolarh in range to save archers but still behind the lines to avoid getting killed too soon.

With a lot of practice and clever planning you could hopefully even use him to boost the Aubriens' movement often, especially out of the starting zone or rushing to the middle of the battlefield.
I've been wanting to play this army but don't have enough archers. I think it could perform quite well.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
How about this?

350 Aubrien Archers x5
110 Acolarh
40 Theracus

500 Total

You are unlikely to make Acorlarh make up her points even here but it sure looks fun to play. Just watch out for large robots.
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
By the numbers you should get an average of 4-5 saves, but of course I'm assuming Acolarh is alive and in range every time an Aubrien takes a wound. And that's not factoring in the possibility of archers being killed by automatic destruction powers like Acid Breath and Chomp. Nevertheless saving archers on the front lines allows them to fight more effectively when you don't have to move up new ones from your start zone. In a game when controlling the high ground is crucial (so, pretty much any map) it might make a big difference.

And as a "last stand" figure Acorlah at least has a decent attack and life, enough to fend off a couple squad members if it came down to that.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion