Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 30th, 2023, 02:53 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Reseating Spears on Broken Figures

So, long story short, I'm currently in the process of cobbling together a Heroscape collection after losing most of my once immaculate collection in a housefire a few years ago. At this point, I've essentially got everything I set out to get, but some of my Ashigaru Yari and Templar Cavalry figures have broken spears.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had luck repairing these figures, and what techniques might have been used. Is superglue simply the best approach? Would applying heat to the spears help at all? Any ideas would be great!

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:20 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Reseating Spears on Broken Figures

I have had good luck with super glue. In fact my Ashigaru have spears from some old LotR miniatures that were also broken and they've held up being stored stuffed into gallon ziplock bags, so that's hopefully a pretty solid enforcement. I haven't tried anything else (except some plumbing epoxy when I didn't have any super glue and that didn't work well at all), so someone else might know more about some special plastic glues made for miniatures, but any figures that have broken after I super glue them have broken separately from where the glue is so I don't think I'm gonna change my ways any time soon.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old June 30th, 2023, 07:31 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Reseating Spears on Broken Figures

Usually the spears snap off flush with the figures hands, so I like to drill a tiny hole through the hands where the spear shaft was, and then superglue the spear back into their hands. Holds up much better than trying to superglue just back to the point it had snapped.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion