Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 11th, 2022, 10:28 AM

BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby! BloodyBaroness rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Would leaving the figures unpainted affect the way hit zones are identified? I recall that being a requirement for 3D-printed figures brought to ScapeCon.
For official figures, you would just use the hit reference outline on the card.

10,000 bees in a trench coat.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Last edited by brak88; August 11th, 2022 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Can't get meme image to upload
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:10 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Imagine my surprise when during a 40k game yesterday I mentioned how I used to play heroscape as a kid and then the guy goes "Heroscape? I didn't think that was out yet."

Amazing. Absolutely stunning news. I should have held on to my Zelrig.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:19 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

And how surprised was he to find out HS has a history..?
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:55 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the responses!

Also, I haven't seen much attention drawn to this yet, but the new logo looks fantastic. I am excited to see the new box art, especially in the tangible.
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I haven't looked at the old Master Sets regarding factions before, but a question came up about AOA that had me glancing back. Looking at the old Heroscape Master Sets regarding Factions, we had:

Rise of the Valkyrie: A Few units of many Generals for endless possible army combinations.

Swarm of the Marro: Unique Heroes from various Generals vs The Marro.

Marvel Scape: Good Guys vs Bad Guys.

Battle For The Underdark: Unique Heroes from various Generals vs The Drow.

So, the new general question is, how will Factions be presented in Age of Annihilation? We know that some will be from the new "unaligned" Dawnraider Guild Pirates. What Factions also be included with in AOA? Will it be Unique Heroes (and possibly squads) from various Generals, or something else?
It looks like it is going to be this Dawn Raider Syndicate vs... monsters?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 11th, 2022, 11:58 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

"Groot, Wendigo Edition"

I am really curious about where this creature comes from. It reminds me strongly of a Wendigo. Although it looks like it is a creature of nature, I suspect it's some kind of evil/corrupted nature spirit and probably serves Valkrill or maybe Utgar.

--
--
--

--
Old August 11th, 2022, 12:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Thanks for the responses!

Also, I haven't seen much attention drawn to this yet, but the new logo looks fantastic. I am excited to see the new box art, especially in the tangible.
Totally agreed. The new logo is awesome.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 11th, 2022, 12:10 PM

We had extensive debate amongst ourselves about what the tournament scene will look like after the release. AH staff did not weigh in for the most part, but on the subject of proxying, Nadeua/Encarmine did have the following to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
It’s first and foremost a question for the tournament players. Proxy miniatures can be confusing to newer players, and lead to even unintentional unconscious bias when the models are not 1:1 for true line of sight. Is that something the community wants to deal with? It’s not simply an issue of a company wanting sales, it’s the possibility that the fairness of competitive gameplay can so easily be put into question, and then we lose so much more then the subjectivity of a cooler looking sculpt on the tabletop.

It’s a difficult topic. As a 40K player for decades, I feel like I’ve lived through all this in a prior existence.

You all will ultimately determine those answers

If the fans want tournaments, tournaments there shall be. If fans want proxies in those tournaments, organizers will bend. If fans rage on unfair competitive advantages, proxies will get banned.

If fans want Grut War Mammoths…

--
--
--

--
Old August 11th, 2022, 12:14 PM

My stance, at this moment, for tournaments that I am involved in running is:
  • every event will allow 2.0 HS
  • some events may be 2.0 only, depending on the voiced preferences of the people that are active in my local community
  • events will generally include 1.0 and VC. I have a lot of dials to turn to keep this from being unpleasant for 2.0-only players: I can allow proxies, I can have ban lists, I can use Delta points for 1.0 and VC, and I can do draft formats (take 2, pod drafts, reverse draft, etc.)
I can rotate through all of the above so people get a variety of experiences.
--
I am curious if if they'll actually include point values on the army cards when they're printed or if they'll go the X-Wing 2e route and set the point values in an app for live updates.

--
--
--

--
Old August 11th, 2022, 12:15 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
we had extensive debate amongst ourselves about what the tournament scene will look like after the release. Ah staff did not weigh in for the most part, but on the subject of proxying, nadeua/encarmine did have the following to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by encarmine
it’s first and foremost a question for the tournament players. Proxy miniatures can be confusing to newer players, and lead to even unintentional unconscious bias when the models are not 1:1 for true line of sight. Is that something the community wants to deal with? It’s not simply an issue of a company wanting sales, it’s the possibility that the fairness of competitive gameplay can so easily be put into question, and then we lose so much more then the subjectivity of a cooler looking sculpt on the tabletop.

It’s a difficult topic. As a 40k player for decades, i feel like i’ve lived through all this in a prior existence.

You all will ultimately determine those answers

if the fans want tournaments, tournaments there shall be. If fans want proxies in those tournaments, organizers will bend. If fans rage on unfair competitive advantages, proxies will get banned.

If fans want grut war mammoths…
i want grut war mammoths

Last edited by Master Roshi; August 11th, 2022 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old August 11th, 2022, 12:44 PM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

I'll second the want for grut war mammoths.

Good trades: BobGrant, SuperflyTNT, MikeR, dragn0422, Rocktroll, Tiranx, majis0, cosmosis, Hilo-scaper, DWK9000, Gurei-Ornery

My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion