Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 30th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Game Day BBQ at the HEH house (pics)

L to R: Preacher, Voodoo, Joe's Fury, Pitboss, Alistair MacDirk, Morning Star, Satyr "Jotun Smash!", Guerillanator, ToriAdore, Reaper, HEH,

And frickin' Malechi 'too lazy to stand'.

Wow. what a good time that was! I got to meet the Ultra "Mr. Wilson" Doug himself. Very cool guy and he really can do those spin kicks. I thought it was all trick photgraphy!

Some Highlights for me:

Malechi and I got to play the HS.com poll armies on Soulrazor Canyon.

Later, Guerillanator and I teamed up against UD and Malechi on Satyr's bridge scenario. All I can say is Malechi got to do some serious It was not a pretty game.

Later Guerillanator, Malechi & I went up against Preacher, Reaper, and ToriAdore. Fun game. Let me say Aubriens and Frenzy are fun....

Another highlight (and I'm sooooo stealing this from you) was Toriadore's pinapple cheeseburgers with hawaiian teriyaki sauce. OMFG - those were the best!

Thanks guys for showing up and enjoying yourselves 100%

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.
Silverstoner is here and we're still gaming with Guerillanator!!!
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I can't stand the sight of others having fun......

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 30th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
CCC putting together the BIG 3 on 3 map. They're building it on my classroom's old whiteboard.

My first game of the day.The Match-up Malechi and I had been anticipating since reading the HS.com poll question - 'Which general's army do you fear the most?' Malechi took Utgar and I would be Jandar's forces. Fun match-up on SoulRazor Canyon.

Mal is great to play against, if only he could prevent his Krug cards from mysteriously flying off the table as well as ALL THE WOUND MARKERS HE HAD ON THE TROLL'S CARD!
He also won't let me cheat and get my next turn before he's finished with his Arrow Grut bonding!

Preacher & UD - one eats M&Ms. The other? Taelord.

Deep Thoughts with Morning Star and CCC. So serious...

Satyr vs. Voodoo on Forsaken Waters. Interesting to note - each time I walked past this board, more and more Marrden Hounds corpses were stacked up off on the side of the table. Voodoo had somebody behind that ruin once the dogs were picked off - KRUG!!!

1moreheroscaper and his Urban Heroscape game. I wanted to try this out, but didn't get a chance. Would love to play it next time, 1 moreheroscaper. And those wraith-like samurai and Tarns are wonderful paint jobs!

UD and I having lots of fun. Animated GIF in the works.

Guerillanator and I versus Malechi and UD. I sucked rolling for my Marrden Hounds' movement. Even worse, you should have seen the total absence of shields for the Wulsinu - With Raelin aura bonus included!!!!
UD also drafted the flying bomb - DW7K and Theracus! Yikes. UD took out two of my Krav Maga with the sacrifice explosion.

Malechi putting the on my Sentinel. Darn you, Malechi!

Just as devaststing were your Anubian Furball air delivery throws onto the bridge.

Satyr and UD fight for the Golden Fleece - brilliant ending, UD!

MacDirk vs. Pitboss on Forsaken Waters

Voodoo advising PItboss?

Last big game of the night
Old July 30th, 2006, 04:57 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Awesome! Wish I was there!
Lets hear some more war stories!

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:20 AM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
Looks like an awesome day of gaming. Lots of different types of maps. That Urban Heroscape looks cool.
Thanks for posting the pics!
Old July 30th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Looks like an awesome time was had by all.

UD how the hell did you make it to Cali from Tx? And you're unwilling to miss the birth of your child and come to Indy for GC? ?? :P

Reaper you hippie get a hair cut!
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great pics, HEH! Still seething with jealousy here.

Looks like a blast and I really want to see/read/hear more about the Urban HS. Any special rules? Looks very cool.

Thanks for posting pics.

Newb.
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:14 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Wow, looks like a great day of gaming!

Now I understand the pick of UD kicking the Golden Gate. I missed that, along the way I guess.

I loved that room map. I'll have to try that sometime.

Ya know, my wife has her Family Reunion in Cali next summer...
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
I really want to see/read/hear more about the Urban HS. Any special rules? .
Tons of fun rules! Standing on furniture, knocking over tables, throwing barrels at other figures and a pushback affect (I think!)

1Moreheroscaper posted the information HERE

Darnnit, I didn't get any shots of Reaper's son and my son playing together. They're both Hot Wheels freaks.
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
First off, I want to thank thank thank HEH and family for hosting Gameday II. I wish we would have gotten there ealier and didn't need to leave early (5:30). We had a family BBQ the same day that started at 4:00--which we got to about 8:00. So overall we made it to both and a compromise was met...

I loved the feeling at this gameday, I love the diverse maps(I wish I could have tried the Golden Fleece map and the huge 3 v 3 map).

My quick wish list for next(or future) gamedays (tourney style of casual beatdown):
-Play against or with any I haven't been able to smack down with:
-So far within the last 2 gamedays, I've battled with: Satyr, Preacher, Joe's Fury, Alastair, Reapersaurus, and Silverstoner.
-Battle on the Golden Fleece map, and a huge map. (Satyr & UD please post your battle report for the Golden Fleec map!!!)
-Forwarding a motion(that I believe Alastair suggested before) a future Gameday in the Livermore area.

The 1st part of Hymar's Temple (Urbanscape)

During battle an uncomfortable close-up of me, Satyr either claiming to be #1 or showing "1" to represent 1moreheroscaper, and Alastair looking on(isn't that what the year books would write?) I really like the energy that Satyr brings to the gaming group.

The last few minutes of the battle before I was taken out. Notice, Satyr is nolonger with us. Time to reflect on what the "1" might have meant.

The outcome of "Hymar's Temple:" Joe's Fury was the last standing with 4 rounds left to complete the objective. He finished with 7 chests and a squad of monks for a total of 430 pts. (50 pts per chest + 80 pts for monks). Preacher 2 Chests, Myself 1 Chest, and Satyr was havig a bad day.

Me and 1otherheroscaper were able to get a picture with the Socal trophy--a real nice guy.

And I too got a picture of the Socal trophy throwing some smack on the Golden Fleed map. I thought he was a nice guy, but I swear he was talking tash to HEH's boy in his own home!

I will be providing a link for the battle report(tweak suggestions) thread for Hymar's Temple soon.

All in all good fun, and wish there was more time.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old July 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
and Satyr was having a bad day.
Pretty much sums up my day ... end result 0-6. Talk about crap rolls all day. Note to self: fresh sacrifice to the dice gods before serious game play.

HEH, thanks for hosting an awesome day! Beer, BBQ, and HS. What more could I ask for ... oh yeah, a single win. Seriously, I lost every game (first person out in multi player games) but had a great time doin' it.

Urbanscape was a blast. Joe's Fury unleashed wraiths early in the game and they dogged me round after round. Silly me, I kept sending drones for the chests when I should have been out for blood. Second note to self: KILL !!!

The Quest for the Golden Fleece was broken by UD. Theracus boosted by the Venoc Warlord and summoned back by Saylind. 6 Turns. Done. Yes UD, it was 6 turns. No more, no less. My strategy was too little too late in too many directions. My regular Theracus chasing the boosted Theracus, then trying to block the end zone and kill Saylind. Just didn't work. Suggestions: I liked the original center smack down layout far better (then again my army was designed for that layout). Saylind is far less effective if the end zone is on the opposite side from the starting zone. Should prohibit summoning and frenzying. May want to prohibit mounts, but I like Theracus in the game thematically. I’m going to play with this a bit ‘cause I love the idea.

Joe’s Fury and Pitboss … next time !!!

HEH thanks again! I may have to make some appearances on your regular gaming nights ... its only 1/2 hour drive.

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper
and Satyr was having a bad day.
Pretty much sums up my day ... end result 0-6. Talk about crap rolls all day. Note to self: fresh sacrifice to the dice gods before serious game play.
Satyr,

at least you got in more games than me! Both Guerillanator and I were amazed we only got to playi three games.

Golden Fleece needs a lot of work. Sorry to switch up the board on you. I'll try to recreate the orginial board and expand its area.

You're more than welcomed to join us on our regular game sessions - Guerillantor and I have been fiendin' to play people other than ourselves! We just need one more person for 2 on 2 - Morning Star or Macdirk?

Glad you had a good time yesterday. You and the CCC bring so much fun to these get-togethers.

...I"m still amazed you took out so many of Voodoo's friggin Marrden Hounds with those orcs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events