Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 20th, 2007, 03:44 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan
My only bone with the Ninja is that I believe the plural of ninja is ninja, and not ninjas like the card reads. It's not that big of a deal though, because in America, there are a ton of ninjas, and no groups of ninja.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Though both ninja and ninjas is an acceptable plural form, I must prefer the former.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:25 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
I was wondering, do you count elevations when using Disappearing Ninja?

This is what I do for a living:
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, its not really disappearing then, its more like just running away .

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
I was wondering that too. We already cannot BOOST their movement so why should we have to HAMPER it?

Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's still ground movement. Compare to Swing Line.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:31 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
These guys, and isamu, can prove to be a pretty dang hard army to kill off. They will dissapear in front of your eyes, and then stab the enemy.
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Bumping this thread up so that we can try to finalize the ruling on Rechet's Lethal Sting and Ninja's Disappear. See Book of ROB page 5 for discussion and link to previous discussion.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:01 AM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
you move 4 spaces. moving counts elevation. they wouldn't give them flying.
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
All I'm going to say that in my little time playing HS the ninjas have been great most of the time. I got lucky and got a lot of 12+s in one game, and the Ninjas almost single handledly won the whole game cause most attacks failed. It can be frustrating for the enemy. It is one of my favorite squads and can take down two or three times their worth with some luck. I guess that with some luck any squad is great, but I have the impression that the ninjas are more effective than many and well worth the 100+.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:41 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I doubt lethal sting works on a dissapearing ninja. That wouldn't make sense, plus Ninja's card says "takes no damage."

For those of you who are going to say it doesn't say on the Rechets that Lethal sting says destroyed and not wounded, well it doesn't say wounds on Dissappearing Ninja either. Being destroyed means well, taking damage.

For those of you who will say damage and destroyed are not related and different: (I coudn't find a middle finger smiley, we should get one)

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
I agree that the power of the Ninja means that they are not instant-killed by the Rechets.

But on a different topic: If I have a Ninja, unengaged, a few levels higher than an opponent's Gladiatron who is on a protruding cliff ledge, may I jump down, land on the space where the Gladiatron is, and then jump down again to a location below which is not engaged with the Gladiatron and keep moving? So if I am never in a space adjacent to a Gladiatron, only in a space occupied by a Gladiatron, the Cyberclaw is never activated, correct? (If you need a reason why this would be useful, pretend the terrain is such that falling damage is not applied.)
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame
I agree that the power of the Ninja means that they are not instant-killed by the Rechets.

But on a different topic: If I have a Ninja, unengaged, a few levels higher than an opponent's Gladiatron who is on a protruding cliff ledge, may I jump down, land on the space where the Gladiatron is, and then jump down again to a location below which is not engaged with the Gladiatron and keep moving? So if I am never in a space adjacent to a Gladiatron, only in a space occupied by a Gladiatron, the Cyberclaw is never activated, correct? (If you need a reason why this would be useful, pretend the terrain is such that falling damage is not applied.)
You can't do that. Any space adjacent or ON the Glad's space you get cyberclawed on. Thus, if you were to move on the Glad's space, might as well kill the ninja.
OOC: I"m on my dad's rim, so no CoNGS arguments for the moment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units