Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 12th, 2022, 10:02 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Not dead with eternal lie
Stranger eons Death may Die
Drain you of your sanity
Face the thing that should not be
Tried to quietly rep you for that, but apparently I've gotta spread it around more. So instead I'll publicly appreciate this.

Quote:
In madness you dwell...
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have a question that I think begs asking. I see a lot of people talking about how horribly they feel this crowdfunding campaign has been run, and are wondering why Hasbro hasn’t done much in the past week to help the final push.

I also see a lot of people talking about increasing their backing up to multiple sets they say they don’t want or need.

My question is: Why? If you are upset at the management of this campaign, why not pull your pledge out instead? Doesn’t it send a stronger message?

I’m not advocating for that, but I’ve been scratching my head about this for a couple of days. The natural tendency when people are unhappy with something, is to not support it at all.

There’s also a real issue of Hasbro possibly misunderstanding the market, and pledging multiple sets that you only pledged for out of desperation seems like it might set Hasbro up with a false impression of the reach of the hobby.

I hope I’m making my point clear.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
My question is: Why? If you are upset at the management of this campaign, why not pull your pledge out instead? Doesn’t it send a stronger message?
I believe if this campaign fails we will never see the word HeroScape again. Ever. And that this is our only chance to ever receive a non-custom HeroScape product.
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
I believe if this campaign fails we will never see the word HeroScape again. Ever. And that this is our only chance to ever receive a non-custom HeroScape product.
I understand that feeling. I think what I’m getting at is that you expected Hasbro to put forth a glorious final week media blitz to get this thing across the finish line, correct? The only final push seems to be from backers convincing themselves and friends to back more copies. There’s a mismatch here.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, it's be nice to see some sort of goal moving down a bit or the stretch goals being added regardless or something. The campaign as a whole hasn't felt fun and exciting, more of a worrying month leading down to a game of chicken of if this will fund or not, if there is a second release option possible or not, or if people that didn't like certain aspects of the set are going to bite the bullet and back it not.

It's going to be an interesting few days/week in the aftermath of the campaign.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
It's going to be an interesting few days/week in the aftermath of the campaign.
I dunno, I feel like the aftermath has already been pretty hashed out at this point since the writing has been on the wall since the first 72 hours or so. Probably just more of the same until folks get tired of talking about it and move on?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2022, 12:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have a question that I think begs asking. I see a lot of people talking about how horribly they feel this crowdfunding campaign has been run, and are wondering why Hasbro hasn’t done much in the past week to help the final push.

I also see a lot of people talking about increasing their backing up to multiple sets they say they don’t want or need.

I’m not advocating for that, but I’ve been scratching my head about this for a couple of days. The natural tendency when people are unhappy with something, is to not support it at all.

There’s also a real issue of Hasbro possibly misunderstanding the market, and pledging multiple sets that you only pledged for out of desperation seems like it might set Hasbro up with a false impression of the reach of the hobby.

I have a lot of complaints about how the campaign was run. I am keeping my pledge (and increasing it in the final days) because I believe in the product that we were presented with and the people that designed that product (CVN and the War Council). I want that product to exist, so I keep my pledge. The fact that the limitations that Hasbro put on the campaign appear to have set it up to fail doesn't change that Heroscape is a great game and I think this set deserves to see the light of day.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:

I have a lot of complaints about how the campaign was run. I am keeping my pledge (and increasing it in the final days) because I believe in the product that we were presented with and the people that designed that product (CVN and the War Council). I want that product to exist, so I keep my pledge. The fact that the limitations that Hasbro put on the campaign appear to have set it up to fail doesn't change that Heroscape is a great game and I think this set deserves to see the light of day.
Is this the number of sets you would have backed if the campaign was funding well?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Is this the number of sets you would have backed if the campaign was funding well?
Today? Probably, especially if it were headed for stretch goals. Tomorrow I'm less sure about.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion