Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Iskra Esenwein

The Book of Iskra Esenwein
Fields of Valor - Collection 7 - "Vampire and Fiends"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio:Iskra comes from a powerful undead family and her relatives often appear beside her on the battlefield. They form an unholy group that marches through combat depleting enemies’ strength to restore their own. A skilled swordswoman, her dark blades drain life as they wound.

At the height of a battle, Iskra summons the Rechets of Bogdan. These terrifying undead creatures follow Iskra’s every command and alone can devastate the battlefield, as their foes are unable to defend themselves against the Rechets’ attack. They appear near her when summoned. However, in the thick of battle, too many foes surrounding Iskra can disrupt the summoning magic and cause fewer Rechets to appear. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - SUMMON THE RETCHETS OF BOGDAN : Using with a Mindshackled Iskra
    If I manage to Mindshackle my opponent's Iskra, can I use her to summon my opponent's unsummoned Rechets of Bogdan?
    No. Summon the Rechets of Bogdan states that you can attempt to summon the Rechets "....if they are in your army..." since the Rechets are in your opponent's army, you would not be allowed to summon them.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Iskra Esenwein may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SUMMON THE RECHETS OF BOGDAN : Rechets of Bogdan
    The Rechets of Bogdan must benefit from Iskra Esenwein's SUMMON THE RECHETS OF BOGDAN placement and activation synergy.
    *NOTE: See the book of Rechets of Bogdan for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index

Jexik: Iskra Esenwein-Though playable alone, Iskra's primary use is in summoning her pets. However, order marker management will often be a huge problem with her. C

OEAO: C

Cleon: Tier 4 (160/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Iskra Esenwein- You don't need the Rechets to play her, and she's a cost-effective add to a Skeletons of Annellintia army. B-

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 18th, 2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
She is pretty cool, besides havign a sweet paint job and sculpt, she also is a good character to boot. She has 4 life and life drain, with 3 defense she has some good staying power. Auto-healer ability is so cool. She can fly 6 as well, and all for 50 pts. She has to be used if one wants to have the rachets in your army. I would choose her even if I didn't have the rachets to choose as well. A fun filler unit. I remember the days when me-burq-sa was a filler unit, she will also be a viable filler unit for 50 pts.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to gamble an order marker on her hoping that you can roll a 14 to summon the Rechets, which is often pretty tough to do. If you fail to summon them it's pretty much a wasted turn. I mean, think of how much damage you can dish out by spending that marker on someone else.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by philowar
The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to gamble an order marker on her hoping that you can roll a 14 to summon the Rechets, which is often pretty tough to do. If you fail to summon them it's pretty much a wasted turn. I mean, think of how much damage you can dish out by spending that marker on someone else.
Not necessarily. Just use Ornak, and choose Iskra as one of your heroes. Another thing to consider is that her only purpose does not necessarily have to be for summoning. After all, by herself she is a 3/3 flyer with 4 Life; not exactly weak stats.

Old July 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Quote:
Not necessarily. Just use Ornak, and choose Iskra as one of your heroes. Another thing to consider is that her only purpose does not necessarily have to be for summoning. After all, by herself she is a 3/3 flyer with 4 Life; not exactly weak stats.
Just be careful that she doesn't die before she can summon!!! If your opponent takes her out early enough, you've lost 4 figures for the price of one!!!! She's an awesome addition, but a gamble... especially if your opponent has the AE and they literally get the drop on her before she gets her "drop" on them.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool figure. I really want to try her solo for a bit before adding the Rechets. If she's worth her points then the Rechets can really be played as a 50 point VERY special attack.
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Um how is it a wasted turn? She seems a pretty solid figure on her own, plus she doesn't have to chose between attacking and summoning... So unless she wiffs on attack and summoning I don't see the waste... (As long as she can do her points worth or summon before dieing then she isn't wasted...)

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think I'm really going to like playing Iskra and her Rechets. I also think she's being sorely underestimated. By her self, she might be worth the 50 points. Just swoop around preying on squad figures, regaining any life you lose, including any you may have gotten from disengage attacks you took on your way to your target.

Summoning, as has been said, can be thought of as a special attack, perhaps the most spectacular special attack in the game. I also agree that just putting order marker 3 on her every round is a good plan. Whenever she's successful, she's moved 6 spaces, summons the Rechets up to 6 spaces away, and then they can move 6 more spaces! That's an 18 hex striking distance! For 100 points, this team makes one excellent booster.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Cool figure. I really want to try her solo for a bit before adding the Rechets. If she's worth her points then the Rechets can really be played as a 50 point VERY special attack.
Ah man, Eclipse! You just gotta take the Rechets with Iskra the first several games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I think I'm really going to like playing Iskra and her Rechets. I also think she's being sorely underestimated.
There's a reason that D20 roll is 14 and not any lower.
I think Iskra and the Rechets are going to be source of massive headaches for one's opponent once they are summoned.
They can be summoned adjacent to units and on glyphs.
They can put the kibosh on many units watiting to take a turn.
With Iskra moving 6 and the Rechets appearing up to 6 spaces away, this is a specatacular way to swoop in and gain the upper hand on some of those long-ranged, small or medium units: Syvarris, KA (maybe not with Awa's Counterstrike), DED, etc.
Great way to get in on an unspecting Raelin.

Iskra and the Rechets are going to a very fun combo. Heck all the Esenwein clan...
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I think Iskra and the Rechets are getting a bad rap because of the competitive mindset that anything with a D20 Roll over 10 necessary seems risky. To people that play to win, as far as I can tell, it's a major turn-off.

However, being a risk whiz, I'm a big fan of these guys.
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I think Iskra and the Rechets are getting a bad rap because of the competitive mindset that anything with a D20 Roll over 10 necessary seems risky. To people that play to win, as far as I can tell, it's a major turn-off.

However, being a risk whiz, I'm a big fan of these guys.
Second that.
I sour on competitive mindset putting down the fun (and drafting variety)all units have to offer.

You can probably guess I'm not a strong tournament candidate.
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
I think Iskra and the Rechets would make a fun, quick, cheap 100 point first wave going against a castle. Fly in. Attack. Summon (hopefully). Attack x3.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units