Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart
Re: Pokemon

Hey, could anyone help, I am debating between Seismitoad and Carracosta as my Water type in White. Which one should I take?

Thanks in advance!
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Hey, could anyone help, I am debating between Seismitoad and Carracosta as my Water type in White. Which one should I take?

Thanks in advance!
Carracosta definitely. Even though I had a Seismitoad when I played through, but I don't really like it. Water and Ground is okay, but not great. And it's moveset isn't too spectacular. Carracosta will get you farther IMO.

Still enjoying Sapphire! Good times, good times.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Carracosta definitely. Even though I had a Seismitoad when I played through, but I don't really like it. Water and Ground is okay, but not great. And it's moveset isn't too spectacular. Carracosta will get you farther IMO.

Still enjoying Sapphire! Good times, good times.

Better typing than Water/Rock. Water/Ground has one(double) weakness: Grass. Water Rock has the grass double weakness, but also has weaknesses to electric, fighting, and ground. I love my Omastar dearly, but it's not as good a typing.

Can't answer you on the movepool, as I don't have any Unova games(yet).

In other news, building a Fire-type party on HG to challenge the Round 2 Elite Four. So far I have:

Charizard(Level 68 currently) with: Fly, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, and Blast Burn.
Ho-Oh(Level 63 currently) with: Fly, Earthquake, Sunny Day, and Sacred Fire.
Blaziken(Level 62 currently with: Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut, and I'm trying to get him Thunderpunch.
And eventually will get:
Houndoom: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, and maybe give him Sunny Day as well.
Camerupt: Earth Power, Heat Wave, Stealth Rock, and not sure what else.

I'm unsure on the last Fire-type I should bring. Any suggestions on Pokemon/Moves? I'm thinking maybe Macargo or Typhlosion for my last one.
My plan is: Houndoom for Will, Ho-Oh/Blaziken for Bruno, Whoever I have available for Koga, Blaziken for Karen, and Charizard/Blaziken for Lance with the others providing sunlight/Stealth Rocks. When he was level 58, my Charizard nearly soloed Lance's level 75 Dragonite in the tag team battle, so he should be good to go.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got a team for White version(Just beat Clay):

Tyler(Simisage): Level 29(Cut, Bite, Leech Seed, and Seed Bomb)
Wayne(Excavalier): Level 25(False Swipe, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, and Headbutt)
Brienna(Gigalith): Level 27(Power Gem, Smack Down, Rock Blast, and Headbutt).
Ozymandias(Sigilyph): Level 26(Air Cutter, Fly, Psybeam, and Tailwind)
Nico(Pignite): Level 30(Flame Charge, Take Down, Rollout, and Arm Thrust)
And finally:
Pyron(Darmanitan): Level 38(Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Hammer Arm, and Headbutt).

DARMANITAN IS AWESOME!

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Alright, question time!

Question 1: What is your favorite type, and why? Is it because you like the theme? Is your favorite pokemon of that type? Has that type never failed to do the job you want it to do? Is it something else entirely?

Question 2: Is there a certain pokemon who has never failed to do whatever job you set out for it? If so, is it one of your favorites? Have you had the certain pokemon for a while, and it has served you well since then?

Question 3: Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by how well a certain pokemon did? If so, were you initially planning on using that pokemon for just crossing water/beating a certain gym/etc. before you saw how much butt it kicks?

I'll have my answers to these questions when I return, but in the meantime I'd love to hear your answers!

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Alright, question time!

Question 1: What is your favorite type, and why? Is it because you like the theme? Is your favorite pokemon of that type? Has that type never failed to do the job you want it to do? Is it something else entirely?

Grass is probably one of my favorites. I like all of the cool stuff that can go with it. Poison moves on a grass person? Sold! Water-Grass? Done! Even Solarbeam can fit with the Fire Type move Sunny Day!

Question 2: Is there a certain pokemon who has never failed to do whatever job you set out for it? If so, is it one of your favorites? Have you had the certain pokemon for a while, and it has served you well since then?

My Houndoom(nicked as Darkdog, so creative I know) always does what I have him do. Go in, tear into the other guys' pokemon and get KO'd at the right time, meaning, when I still have a tank in my team.

Question 3: Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by how well a certain pokemon did? If so, were you initially planning on using that pokemon for just crossing water/beating a certain gym/etc. before you saw how much butt it kicks?

Back in the day, while I still had my Gold/Silver games, I had a Raticate I had been training. My Totodile hated me since I chose a Raticate as my main pokemon over it.

I'll have my answers to these questions when I return, but in the meantime I'd love to hear your answers!
Answers in dark blue

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would anyone be willing to trade with me so I can evolve my Machoke and Haunter?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM

ullarted has disabled reputation

I gave up on pokemon about three years ago. It just started to get boring, as I was always able to beat everybody in the game with ease (found unlimited rare candies..... somewhere ) and had all the legendaries level 100 (again, found them somewhere) so the game got really boring. When I rediscovered Heroscape (when I was about 10) I quit Pokemon. Still haven't played for three years and I don't plan to .
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd really appreciate it if someone would trade with me.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:32 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you just want a trade back, I can do it sometime
Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys. I know it has been a while. Just like to update my status on Pokemon White.

I have the Silver Trainer Card which means I have finished 3 of 5 goals. All of it has be legit and no cheats involved. All I need to do now is beat the Super Double and Single Subway Battles and catch 105 more pokemon counting legendaries. And see 51 more. So far I've seen 598 and caught 544. Once again all legit no cheating. I have finished Unova and Sinnoh Pokemon that are avaliable. Only ones I do not have out of those are the 3 Unova Legendaries not yet avaliable to Black and White

1 Battle Subway Line down. 3 to go.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; December 24th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:36 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Trying to nab some DS's so my girlfriend and I can play Pokemon! But what's the best new ones? I heard story-wise it's best to start with D/P/P, but the new G/S remakes look really good, and B/W is obviously new. I was planning on just getting two copies of Platinum otherwise. Any reasons I shouldn't?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games