Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 13th, 2016, 09:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Blue Lantern (Barry Allen)

The Book of Blue Lantern (Barry Allen)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 80
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Blackest Night HeroClix set.
Its model number and name are #005 / The Flash.

Character Bio - When it was decided to deputize an individual for each Lantern Corps for 24 hours, the Flash was chosen as the deputy for the Blue Lantern Corps. During the battle, Barry is forced to fight his own grandson, who his ring detects is still alive but would eventually die if not free from the black ring soon. Barry is shown to be skilled with his ring in creating energy constructs based on his imagination (possibly because of the understanding with his friend Hal Jordan's ring), as he is able to create images of Bart as Impulse and Kid Flash against him in order to make him feel again. Barry's plan almost works as Bart reacts to the images of his past and the constructs begin to attempt to take the black ring from him, but later is interrupted by the Black Lantern Professor Zoom and Solovar. Wally and Saint Walker later join Barry to fight against them.[28] - DC Wikia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Blue Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Champion, Blue Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Superspeed special power, Blue Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Blue Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Flying special power, Blue Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: (Arkham)
  • Second playtest: (Ronin)
  • Third playtest (with FoH change): (Gutudak)
  • Fourth playtest (with FoH change and additional marker): (Arkham)
  • Fifth playtest (with FoH change and additional marker): (Ronin)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham

Last edited by japes; January 27th, 2022 at 07:01 PM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:16 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Blue Lantern (Barry Allen) - Breathing Perio

NAME = Blue Lantern (Barry Allen)

SPECIES = Metahuman
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Champion
PERSONALITY = Hopeful
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 300

BLUE POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 blue Battery Markers on this card. Add 1 to Blue Lantern's Move and Defense numbers for each blue Battery Marker on this card. If one or more Green Lantern figures are within 4 spaces of Blue Lantern, you may also add the same number to Blue Lantern's Range and Attack numbers.

SUPERSPEED
Blue Lantern may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Blue Lantern, if he did not use his Flying or Flash of Hope special power this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

FLASH OF HOPE
After Blue Lantern or a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Blue Lantern defends against an attack, you may immediately move Blue Lantern up to 4 spaces. After moving Blue Lantern normally or with this special power, you may remove 1 blue Battery Marker from this card to remove 1 Wound Marker from this card and from the card of each friendly figure Blue Lantern moved through this turn.

SUPERSTRENGTH
FLIGHT

Last edited by Arkham; October 31st, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Figure pics:
Spoiler Alert!

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Backgrounds:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; January 13th, 2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:52 PM

Overall the design is in a good place. I playtested it back before I did Malekith, and he was a lot of fun. Flash of Hope and the Blue Batteries are pretty set, but the Speed Dodge is up for discussion. Johnny has expressed interest in changing it to a d20 roll, japes has asked if the 1 wound is necessary due to him being more about fueling hope, and I'd certainly be open to completely new ideas as well.

I'd like something a bit different from the same old Speed Dodge that we've seen on different Flashes, and would prefer to have it have something Blue Lantern enhanced/related to it. With Flash of Hope being a 2 times per game heal, and his first power just placing the markers on him and giving him the altered stats, I'd like his 3rd power to be something more useful throughout the whole game.
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see the combat dice swapped to d20, as stated, if just for simplicity. Or going with the basic Speed Dodge roll dependent on his defense roll. I agree with the earlier criticism that the auto-wounds is a bit un-Blue, but he has no offensive power unlike other Flashes, so I'm okay with it.

I think I'd like to see it switched to triggering on when he moves THROUGH the figure. It's a bit harder to execute, feels cooler mechanically, and ties in with his other power as they trigger on the same circumstance.

Also, should the background be a street? I have no idea what the circumstances of his "blue period" were, so I personally can't say either way.
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:57 PM

Not really sure what the background should be, I just chose some options that I thought fit the brief appearance in the comic. The big battle took place in a city at night I believe, in/near a cemetery.

As for the power, normal Speed Dodge wouldn't be bad. I'd just like to incorporate something unique to the lantern aspect. Precognition was the only thing that stood out. With that said, I'm not completely opposed to just using Speed Dodge here.
Old January 13th, 2016, 11:22 PM

If we were to go with the classic approach, and add in a move through approach, we could roll with something like this:

PRECOGNITIVE SPEED DODGE
When this Blue Lantern defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, this Blue Lantern takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. While moving with Precognitive Speed Dodge, if Blue Lantern moves through the attacking figure, you may roll one unblockable attack die against that figure.

Or if a wound isn't your thing, I've got 2 other options:

HEALING SPEED DODGE
When this Blue Lantern defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, this Blue Lantern takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. After moving with Healing Speed Dodge, you may choose a friendly figure this Blue Lantern moved through this turn and roll one combat die. If you roll a Shield, remove one wound from the chosen figure's Army Card.

or

HOPEFUL SPEED DODGE
When this Blue Lantern defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, this Blue Lantern takes no damage and may immediately move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Hopeful Speed Dodge, you may choose a friendly small or medium figure this Blue Lantern moved through this turn and place them adjacent to this Blue Lantern. Figures moved by Hopeful Speed Dodge will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

If none of those sound appealing, we can just go with standard Speed Dodge.
Old January 14th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't think he needs more healing and figure movement is always tricky. But I'd be happy with either the first one or vanilla Speed Dodge - depends on which plays better/LD preference.

If he was on Earth as a Lantern it's all good background-wise. Just wanted to make sure he wasn't out in space or whatever.
Old January 14th, 2016, 10:18 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
If we were to go with the classic approach, and add in a move through approach, we could roll with something like this:

PRECOGNITIVE SPEED DODGE
When this Blue Lantern defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, this Blue Lantern takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. While moving with Precognitive Speed Dodge, if Blue Lantern moves through the attacking figure, you may roll one unblockable attack die against that figure.
bear with me a bit here...I'm thinking about a recent inspiring figure that you tested recently...

What if the healing portion of Flash of Hope was moved to the Blue Battery portion and then just giving him Superspeed from Barry's Flash card and then going with your first choice above...

You'd have Superspeed to tie into Barry and allow him to be inspired by Jay.

SUPERSPEED
Flash may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Flash, if Flash did not remove a Battery marker this turn, Flash may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Remember to PM the Heroes when you start a new design if you didn't already.

I really like the overall direction, but I'm not a fan of the current Precognitive Speed Dodge; it seems overly complex and I don't like the wounding aspect on Barry (especially on Blue Lantern Barry).

I'd be more inclined to switch to normal Superspeed and dropping the Speed Dodge power to make room to move the healing effect over (with maybe more?). Something like:

Quote:
BLUE POWER BATTERY 2
Start the game with 2 blue Battery Markers on this card. Add 1 to this Blue Lantern's Move and Defense numbers for each blue Battery Marker on this card. If one or more Green Lantern figures are within 4 spaces of this Blue Lantern, you may also add the same number to this Blue Lantern's Range and Attack numbers.

SUPERSPEED
This Blue Lantern may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with this Blue Lantern, if he did not use his Flash of Hope special power this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

FLASH OF HOPE
Instead of attacking with this Blue Lantern, you may remove 1 blue Battery Marker from this card to remove 1 Wound Marker from this figure and each friendly figure this Blue Lantern moved through this turn.
You may need to bump his defense 1 or 2 to compensate for the lack of Speed Dodge though. My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 14th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'd give him speed force to compensate for the lack of a special attack.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 14th, 2016, 06:50 PM

Hmm...

I'm not exactly against any of the proposed options. Thus far though, just going with Speed Dodge is probably my favored option. Unless making Flash of Hope just the healing part is added on to, but I'm not exactly what that would entail.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library