Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 11th, 2016, 10:01 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?
The game of Risk + Heroscape

Has anyone tried this. or is already been talked about.
I Love Heroscape and I love risk so why not mix them, but how?
Maybe small HS maps next to the risk Board to act as a base/capital city
per player..

Last edited by JaredStarkiller; March 11th, 2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old March 11th, 2016, 10:33 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The game of Risk + Heroscape

I've kicked around an idea where instead of using dice rolls in Risk, players engaged in combat would instead play a miniature Heroscape battle for control of a region.

However, the concept never really evolved from the pre-brainstorming phase, so we never figured out much in the way of logistics to accommodate the idea.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old March 12th, 2016, 12:34 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel like this would take quite a bit of extra time out of the game. It'd work if you have 2 people and not a lot to do for the next few hours, but what about when you have 3 or 4 people? Super small maps are also impossible to balance for ranged and melee.

It's certainly doable, but highly impractical.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old March 12th, 2016, 02:18 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's one
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ght=risk+scape

And here's the one I've actually played before, I highly recommend it.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; March 12th, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:53 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
I feel like this would take quite a bit of extra time out of the game. It'd work if you have 2 people and not a lot to do for the next few hours, but what about when you have 3 or 4 people? Super small maps are also impossible to balance for ranged and melee.

It's certainly doable, but highly impractical.

for sure.
but maybe 1 big map that is like a capital.
and where you attack on the board is where the reinforcements come on to the big map,
maybe 1 HS fig as a general
you can trade in the risk guy (1=10 points?) for a HS fig in the capital.. or use the risk guys on the capital ( however many troops you have in the one group is how many att dice 5 troops= 5 att/def )
I'm just throwing my ideas around
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:54 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Here's one

And here's the one I've actually played before, I highly recommend it.

and they do look like cool ones
Old March 16th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, so set up the Risk Board and set up a small "capital" map, sure.

Each time you "attack" in Risk, instead you get as many Order Markered turns as you would roll attack dice to attack. Each wound you inflict in these turns results in the destruction of an enemy soldier on the Risk Board, up to but not exceeding the number of figures in the territory you're attacking.

Each player has a certain number of figures that start out in the capital (500 point pre-drafted armies?) and a certain number of reinforcements that they place if those figures are all taken out.

The game goes until you either win on the Risk Board or you have last man standing in the "capital" map on hexes.

The exact numbers in the capital area would have to be experimented with to find the right balance, but that's a basic idea.

Risk drags in end game anyway, so tying in Scape victory conditions might nicely speed it along.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2016, 02:28 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?

for sure, bat. something like that .
To give more of a idea what I'm trying to workout.
The whole idea was when we play lord or the rings risk, (one of the best ones just off the map alone and with the rule of the One Ring it does speed up the game) and we get to the battle of Helm's Deep/Gondor. awesome battles in the movies but I only had 3 troops there so the over b4 I knew it.
so I think this game rule with the ring helps with the long game play that come to mind when thinking about risk/heroscape game combo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games