Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 29th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Samuel Brown

Thanks for the idea! I'll be sure to pit PK's against 4th plus Sam. Now I just need to come up with a few units to round out the PK's...

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:24 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Thanks for the idea! I'll be sure to pit PK's against 4th plus Sam. Now I just need to come up with a few units to round out the PK's...
Ask, and you shall receive.

The Shaman of Morindan

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

The Shaman of Morindan

"Necromancer" might be a more appropo title. Shaman seems more nature related...

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

The Shaman of Morindan

"Necromancer" might be a more appropo title. Shaman seems more nature related...
"Necromancer" is the human term for dead raising magician. Shaman is the elf term for the same class. Besides, shamans were known for their abilities of ghost summoning, and spirit talking. And Feylund had a shaman raise the dead from Morindan.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I have a request: No more posts in THE BOOK unless it is a rules question, strategy, army build, or maybe question on the paint job or something that needs addressing IN THE BOOK. 6 pages of drivel (although some of it was insightful and contributory) is enough - use the Samuel Brown Pre/Post-Official Release Discussion Thread if need be. Or use the 4th Mass/10th mass books if you are really talking about them.

Sorry for being a pain, but I like the books clean. Maybe it's just that usually we have weeks or months to get the drivel out of the way in the pre-release discussion and this time we got like 1 hour between the truth post and the Book.

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 10th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The Pre-Release thread should not be getting any more posts since it is now Post-Release. Anything related to Samuel Brown should be in his book.
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The Pre-Release thread should not be getting any more posts since it is now Post-Release. Anything related to Samuel Brown should be in his book.
But not idle chatter or discussions about shamans and necromancers
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:07 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
But not idle chatter or discussions about shamans and necromancers
Sorry guys...guess I should have been a little more considerate

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation

Ok, I did not see it anywhere here (but I will admit I may have missed it);

Is Sam, with the correct sculpt and repaint, official for use at GenCon?

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:44 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
Ok, I did not see it anywhere here (but I will admit I may have missed it);

Is Sam, with the correct sculpt and repaint, official for use at GenCon?
Sam with the correct scult is official for GenCon. You don't need an "official" repaint, but you need to be able to differentiate between Sam and the 4th Mass (assuming that you are playing them together).
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:28 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Something I see not addressed in the BOOK of SB is the Line Of Sight question.

The card says, "Choose a figure within 5 spaces of SB to attack and roll 3 attack dice..."

Does this mean he does not need LOS? It seems to me that a guy with a musket will need line of sight to shoot. I'd think that we already need an Erata statement. Otherwise he could target someone through a wall.

Thoughts?
As the card works now you don't need Line of site otherwise using the blue wyrmling and Heiloom's you would also need line of site and both dont have clear site on thier cards either. And with them you can blast over blocking terrain.

Last edited by DWK9000; December 10th, 2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Something I see not addressed in the BOOK of SB is the Line Of Sight question.

The card says, "Choose a figure within 5 spaces of SB to attack and roll 3 attack dice..."

Does this mean he does not need LOS? It seems to me that a guy with a musket will need line of sight to shoot. I'd think that we already need an Erata statement. Otherwise he could target someone through a wall.

Thoughts?
As the card works now you don't need Line of site otherwise using the blue wyrmling and Heiloom's you would also need line of site and both dont have clear site on thier cards either. And with them you can blast over blocking terrain.
Absolutely incorrect. Do what the card says, not what it doesn't. If a figure can ignore LoS, the cars will say so (Tul-Bak-Ra). If a figure only needs clear sight and not clear line of sight, the card will say so (your namesake, DW9000). If the card does not specify, you follow the normal game rules: LoS needed for all non-adjacent attacks.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units