Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 19th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Groot (Baby)

I Propose moving Groot to Initial Playtesting at 75 Points!

@Ronin -
@Arkham -
@Tornado -
@japes -
@Yodaking -
@johnny139 -
@Spidey'tilIDie -
@SirGalahad -

Also, could I beg a favour? It's my Mum's birthday late this week, so I'll be spending time with her and likely won't be able to hit this guy until next week - could one of you chaps possibly run the Initial for me? I'll do the first Public test for him as soon as possible, it's just not really possible for me to run the Initial this week - I'd massively appreciate this!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 19th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Groot (Baby) - Vote for Initial

yea

Honestly, I think it's okay if Groot waits a week so we can FIFO our public testing. We really need to clean up Changeling, Sub-Zero and Kitana (especially poor Changeling). Plus Rick Flag just went into public testing, Torq is on his way, and I'm working on Bailey Hoskins' initial.
Old June 19th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I really don't care for Mascot here. He's not a Mascot, he's just a baby - in-universe, he's no different than Lockjaw or Wolverine, as marketable characters that are part of a community/team. The GOTG don't advertise or use Groot in their logo or anything.

I honestly think Sidekick is most apt (he's Rocket's sidekick, both in baby and adult forms, in modern Marvel stories). If we don't like that, maybe something like Ally or Accessory? He's a hanger-on.

I'm also not hot on the Ragtag requirements being a direct mirror of Star-Lord. The charm of that power has always, to me, been that it's NOT a faction power, and I'm unsure of attempts to make not being a faction into a faction. It doesn't make sense much in a vacuum, either - why does Groot care if Rocket's allied with a bunch of humans? He doesn't stop being Rocket.

I'd recommend having something like this:

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, and neither share a species, class, or personality with any other figures in your army, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. [Blah blah blah, same as the power we have.]

That feels truer to the character - he's a weird, oddball little plant man, and he forms bonds with other weird, oddball characters.
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I really don't care for Mascot here. He's not a Mascot, he's just a baby - in-universe, he's no different than Lockjaw or Wolverine, as marketable characters that are part of a community/team. The GOTG don't advertise or use Groot in their logo or anything.

I honestly think Sidekick is most apt (he's Rocket's sidekick, both in baby and adult forms, in modern Marvel stories). If we don't like that, maybe something like Ally or Accessory? He's a hanger-on.

I'm also not hot on the Ragtag requirements being a direct mirror of Star-Lord. The charm of that power has always, to me, been that it's NOT a faction power, and I'm unsure of attempts to make not being a faction into a faction. It doesn't make sense much in a vacuum, either - why does Groot care if Rocket's allied with a bunch of humans? He doesn't stop being Rocket.

I'd recommend having something like this:

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, and neither share a species, class, or personality with any other figures in your army, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. [Blah blah blah, same as the power we have.]

That feels truer to the character - he's a weird, oddball little plant man, and he forms bonds with other weird, oddball characters.
Hmmm... I can get with that, though I'd go with a different name. I'm not super hot on Mascot, but I prefer it to any othert options we've had so far. Plus, this connects him further to Rocket....

Would the CRB be down with that version of the power? @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer ?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 19th, 2018, 04:18 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm not understanding the use of Mascot either. When I think Mascot, I think a school Mascot.

"A mascot is any person, animal, or object thought to bring luck, or anything used to represent a group with a common public identity, such as a school, professional sports team, society, military unit, or brand name."

Just not getting the link here.
Old June 19th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Did anyone object to Companion?
Old June 19th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Did anyone object to Companion?
Yes - there are concerns that it should be kept strictly to animal companions.

The sidekick power could be changed to Ragtag Tag-Along easily enough - it's just the Class which bothers me.

Any thoughts on johnny's suggestion to change the power? I liked it to start with and it seems arguably more thematic, but I'm concerned it makes generalist sidekick bonding a little too easy all the time - it won't be difficult, for example, to pair him with the likes of Darkseid or Silver Surfer and then just build your army freely.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 19th, 2018, 06:16 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I like Johnny's power idea, mainly because of his Star-Lord point. I have been back around these parts all of a few weeks and every corner I turn is mention of Star-Lord's power and relevance in C3G. Just from observing discussions, I know that I don't want, as Johnny said, being non-faction to turn into a synergistic faction of itself. The proposed newer version notes that only Groot and the buddy in question need to be different, which means any conceivable pair could be slotted into any army if spare points need to be filled.

As far as classes are concerned, Companion feels the best, but in respect of the Marvel pet faction, I'm inclined to lean toward other things. What about Partner?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 19th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I liked Sidekick or Mascot. Mascot works to me in the sense of like, a ship's mascot. Obviously he isn't the Philly Fanatic or whatever.
Old June 19th, 2018, 06:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What if we had you choose a figure for him to bond with each game and then he only bonded with that one figure? Could then add in some kind of bonus for Rocket's class or size.

Also, just wanted to mention that it has long bugged me that people refer to Toddler Groot as Baby Groot. Baby Groot is when he is a potted plant and does not move by himself. Once he is running around on his own he has grown into a Toddler.
Old June 19th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
What if we had you choose a figure for him to bond with each game and then he only bonded with that one figure? Could then add in some kind of bonus for Rocket's class or size.
Feels incredibly generic and conveys no Guardians theme, plus he did pal around with some of the other Guardians to a degree, he was just most attached to Rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I like Johnny's power idea, mainly because of his Star-Lord point. I have been back around these parts all of a few weeks and every corner I turn is mention of Star-Lord's power and relevance in C3G. Just from observing discussions, I know that I don't want, as Johnny said, being non-faction to turn into a synergistic faction of itself. The proposed newer version notes that only Groot and the buddy in question need to be different, which means any conceivable pair could be slotted into any army if spare points need to be filled.

As far as classes are concerned, Companion feels the best, but in respect of the Marvel pet faction, I'm inclined to lean toward other things. What about Partner?
You see, I don't see how that's going to happen - it still effects theoretically anyone as long as there is no one of the same species or class on your team. Groot does the same thing. How is that making it more of a faction? It's just as connected to anyone else, it's just that there's one more figure who can key off that aspect. (And, hate to tell you, but Mantis is already basically doing a similar thing...) There is no tight-nit faction here, but I see no problem with certain thematic Guardians having the ability to key into the same non-faction-ness.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library