Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old April 26th, 2013, 05:47 PM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker
Question Miniature Magnets

I've come upon a predicament. I paint many of my HeroScape figures up so they look nice, or at least a little nicer than the out-of-the-box paint jobs. I decided that while the figure was off it's base, I might as well flock the base and make it look nice to enhance the entire thing.

I ran into a problem with ladders however. If you place a flocked base into the ladder slots, it will quickly scrape off all of one's efforts. As I wrestled with whether to skip the nice basing or to use wooden nickels as a platform for the figures to stand on, I wondered if it would be possible to have two bases for the figures? If the map has ladders, a rare occasion in my games, then I'll switch the figure to an appropriate base.

Could small magnets drilled and inserted into the figure's feet be a possible solution? I do not have any experience with this and I don't know if they make magnets small enough, or if super glue and/or paint would stick to a magnet. Help?
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Miniature Magnets

look up rare earth magnets and all your questions will be answered (and they will be answered yes!)
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker
Re: Miniature Magnets

as bonegnasher said, rare earth magnets would work. but they're quite expensive for the size you want, and difficult to work with. I would use your wooden nickel idea. that should give you the best results.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions