Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 10th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) - Public Playtestin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Put him on hold until you can test him yourself. We're clearly wasting time having anyone else test him with that sort of attitude.
I'm sorry, I'm just feeling super stressed right now. My family's had major complications over the plumbing and I guess I just want something to go smoothly.

How would we feel about summut like this?

"GET OVER HERE!"
After moving and before attacking with Scorpion, if Scorpion is unengaged, you may choose one small or medium non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 8 levels above Scorpion's height or 8 levels below Scorpion's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Scorpion. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. The first time you attack that figure this turn, add 1 skull to your attack roll. Figures placed by "Get Over Here!" do not take leaving engagement attacks.

HELLFIRE VENGEANCE

Add 1 to Scorpion's "Get Over Here!" roll for each Unique Hero you control with one or more wounds and 1 for each destroyed Unique Hero in your army, up to a maximum of plus 4.

Fairly similar to what Yodaking was suggesting, only the roll to wound gets boosted by Hellfire Vengeance as well as the roll to move, hopefully making that power a tad more relevant even when the maximum boost gets slashed and hopefully keeping him more under control without making him disappointing (which I fear he could easily be).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 10th, 2018, 07:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, if you go that route I'd want the bonus from Vengeance to be applied to both d20 rolls. Not sure if the wording needs to clarify that more or not but we can figure that part out as long as we all agree on the mechanics. Might even not have to start at 13 now the wound isn't automatic, I know Spawn has a low roll of 7 and I've grabbed lots of figures without dealing the wound.
Old August 10th, 2018, 07:37 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I don’t see the point of that change but sure. Now drop the auto-skull and lower the roll and you have what makes sense to me for the design. You can now treat the 2nd roll as your free attack.
Old August 10th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
I don’t see the point of that change but sure. Now drop the auto-skull and lower the roll and you have what makes sense to me for the design. You can now treat the 2nd roll as your free attack.
Why are you so adamant about dropping the auto-skull? I'm making this change so that that isn't necessary.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 10th, 2018, 08:03 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Because it’s not needed. Especially not now. What is it representing? The unblockable has now become the uppercut representation. Btw, you can’t combo off an uppercut so his double attack breaks that theme just FYI.

Why are you so adamant to make Scorpion as powerful as possible instead of keeping his points in check?
Old August 10th, 2018, 08:40 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What if you simply require an OM reveal on Scorpion’s card in order to use Get Over Here! ? This would help keep his points in check in that he doesn’t use it while with palling around with the Hand, but still keeping his offensive potential where L_O wants? Thematically, I could justify it as the Chain Grab is more of his one-on-one signature move, while he just leads/supports his clan when he runs with them. With that change you could maybe even try giving him 3 or so Range to represent his fire attacks and such.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 10th, 2018, 08:44 PM

I feel Get Over Hero should be the center piece of the whole design. The rolls should be lower, but the payoff should be lessened. Make it hit more, but make his attacks not so devastating. That’s why I’m pushing for the auto skull removal in favor of more focus on the actual chain grab. I don’t have any issue with him running with Cap, Star-Lord, and Hand etc. but if that’s the main thing we’re trying to avoid, go with a special attack as Tornado suggested.
Old August 11th, 2018, 01:41 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Because it’s not needed. Especially not now. What is it representing? The unblockable has now become the uppercut representation. Btw, you can’t combo off an uppercut so his double attack breaks that theme just FYI.

Why are you so adamant to make Scorpion as powerful as possible instead of keeping his points in check?

I wasn't under the impression that 2nd d20 roll represented the upper cut, I still thought it represented damage inflicted by the chain grab process. Some people take damage from the chain grab and some people don't. The auto-skull is the uppercut move since it happens every time.
Old August 11th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Well, you just gave me a way to fix the problem I could have used earlier:

1) Keep the one roll for pull + wound;
2) Make the auto-skull optional;
3) Make it so that he can't use Combat Teleport on the same turn he adds an auto-skull.

So we'd have something along the lines of:

"GET OVER HERE!"
After moving and before attacking with Scorpion, if Scorpion is unengaged, you may choose one small or medium non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 8 levels above Scorpion's height or 8 levels below Scorpion's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Scorpion. If you attack that figure this turn, you may add 1 skull to your attack roll. If you do, Scorpion may not attack again this turn. Figures placed by "Get Over Here!" do not take leaving engagement attacks.

HELLFIRE VENGEANCE

Add 1 to Scorpion's "Get Over Here!" roll for each Unique Hero you control with one or more wounds and 1 for each destroyed Unique Hero in your army, up to a maximum of plus 4.

COMBAT TELEPORT 3

After attacking an adjacent figure with Scorpion, if you rolled at least one blank you may place him on any empty space within 3 spaces of his original placement and attack one additional time. When Scorpion starts to Teleport, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

So you get a choice between one stronger attack and a good shot at a second one (after Teleporting). I think in this version you can still teleport off an auto-skull attack, you just can't chain attacks, which I'm happy with.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:25 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That is really interesting and definitely a new direction. It certainly staves off a lot of the power since he can't go full throttle combo someone down in one turn, but neither thing gets weaker. I like it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:03 AM

That’s fine
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
That is really interesting and definitely a new direction. It certainly staves off a lot of the power since he can't go full throttle combo someone down in one turn, but neither thing gets weaker. I like it.
Yeah, the other thing I like about it is that it represents a small but significant strategic choice - do I attempt to chain attacks, potentially making two different ones, maybe even against separate targets and rolling more dice altogether, but it's not certain and the first attack won't hit quite as hard, or do I go for the uppercut and give up any chance of a second blow? I like it when martial artists have to fight strategically, pick their move.

So, how do we feel about this? Would someone be able to run one more test for it?

NAME - SCORPION
SECRET IDENTITY - HANZO HASASHI

SPECIES - UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - NINJA
PERSONALITY - VENGEFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT - MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 205/215?

"GET OVER HERE!"
After moving and before attacking with Scorpion, if Scorpion is unengaged, you may choose one small or medium non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 8 levels above Scorpion's height or 8 levels below Scorpion's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Scorpion. If you attack that figure this turn, you may add 1 skull to your attack roll. If you do, Scorpion may not attack again this turn. Figures placed by "Get Over Here!" do not take leaving engagement attacks.

HELLFIRE VENGEANCE

COMBAT TELEPORT 3

After attacking an adjacent figure with Scorpion, if you rolled at least one blank you may place him on any empty space within 3 spaces of his original placement and attack one additional time. When Scorpion starts to Teleport, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

@Ronin , @Arkham , @Tornado , @japes , @Scapemage , @johnny139 , @Spidey'tilIDie , @Yodaking , @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , @IAmBatman , is this looking ok?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library