Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Recap of current business:

justjohn's Ruins at Dhibah Oasis is up for judging; no votes as of yet

download HERE

xraine69's Fire and Ice is up for judging; no votes as of yet

download HERE

Peace out
Man, talk about getting no respect. Here I vote YES on jj's Dhibah map and even give reasons, and it makes no impression around here at all. <huff>

By the way, I've built xraine69's map but snow and sleet wiped out the game for tonight.
Old February 1st, 2007, 10:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I'm sorry Rev...I guess I should take you off ignore

Updating then:

Ruins at Dhibah Oasis: YES = 1 ; NO = 0 ; Pending = 5

Fire and Ice: YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6

silly me try to do something good and just F it all to H

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:41 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
It's okay, Rychaen; we love/respect/honor (take your pick) you anyway!
Old February 4th, 2007, 01:24 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I am voting NO to jj's Ruins at Dhibah Oasis. Now this is a bit odd for me since I modified the present form of this map heavily to make it use one master and one road set. (maybe I shouldn't even be allowed a vote considering my involvement???)

I am voting NO mainly because the map overly favors range and doesn't make good use of the expansion. There is no blocking terrain of any sort and high ground is pretty much given right out of the box. The game quickly becomes a shooting match across the little river.

The set up isn't all that quick for being a small map and the overall game play is just adequate.

In all fairness, the original map by jj used sand tiles from 3 Masters and two road sets. His original offering might have faired better, but the modified version that we ended up using in the Oct Dallas tourney is lacking.

I will leave another to decide if my vote should even count on this map.

I have Fire and Ice set up on my table and have played 1 game on it so far; I should have a vote ready on that one in a week or less.

Old February 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM

I think you're allowed to vote on the Ruins one, Rychaen.

I've been playing with Fire and Ice and will also have a decision within the week, I think.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I really hate to do this, but I have to vote NO on the current configuration of xraine69's Fire and Ice map.

It is a great map for a game night, but won't work so well for a tournament. The paths are limited to the sides and passing over the glyph hexes which cannot be accessed by two hex figures, therefore preventing them from moving onto the enemy half of the map. With the large lava center (and we played Brunak and the Obsidian Guards in one of our games) the map is really restricted. It is clever and fun to play, but not a fair tournament layout. Especially it handicaps ground units, favoring fliers and ranged units. I'm all for making life difficult for squads, but this map makes it almost impossible for them.

I'm not sure how to say this, but here's my best try: This is a fun map. It is not a tournament map, in my opinion. Another way for squads to move toward each other would help.

On a more personal note, and this didn't really figure into my vote, I like all the hexes to rest on other hexes unless there is an intentional and usable overhang being created.

I'm sorry, xraine69, this is good, but needs some more work. (Why am I feeling like Paula Abdul?)
Old February 5th, 2007, 05:06 AM

Braxev has disabled reputation
Recently in the Heroscape Club we've been working on a 1 MS map for this Valhalla design. One of the members has 2 RtFF sets, and we made note of the fact up to 2 of them were allowed, so we got together and attempted to make "Le Perfect Valhalla Map." (We are not quite there, in my opinion, but we're deadlocked on progressing, so I'm submitting what we have.)

We've played with Forest Trails for some time. The map is a bit intricate and messy, with a lot of Line of Sight being blocked. This maps ranged units have a hard time on this map, but for the most part it evens up the use of melee and ranged unit squads. Two-hex figures are capable of manuevering around the map, and getting onto the bridge. The map is well balanced and yet somewhat interesting- sometimes when we playtest it we just end up having melee fights in the forest or shoot outs on the bridge. It's never failed to be fun yet, though. For this reason I nominate Forest Trails on behalf of the Association of Heroscapers Community. (AHC!)
You could say it passed our bar.. the AHC Bar.

Old February 5th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Braxev, I've got the map downloaded and printed out. I should be able to build it tomorrow and we may get a chance to play on it a couple of times this week, although it may well be into next week before that can happen.

Thanks for submitting it here.
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Thank you for nominating a map, Braxev!

Update:

Updating then:

Ruins at Dhibah Oasis: YES = 1 ; NO = 1 ; Pending = 4

Fire and Ice: YES = 0; NO = 1; Pending = 5

Forest Trails YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6

CornPuff? Riggler? Eclipse?

Old February 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Just checking in...

I will get some testing in this week.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old February 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM

I am also voting NO to Fire and Ice for a lot of the same reasons Revdyer gave. The map has potential but the pathways are far too dictated. The map also has some teetering points where terrain can easily be tipped, not good for tourney play.

The 2nd No on Fire and Ice makes the best possible vote YES percentage to be 66%; lower than the required 75%.

--

Update:

Updating then:

Ruins at Dhibah Oasis: YES = 1 ; NO = 1 ; Pending = 4

Fire and Ice: YES = 0; NO = 2; Pending = 4

Forest Trails YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6

--

I am also moving on to Forest Trails

Old February 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just poking my nose in. I probably won't get much testing in this week. Going to Vegas and all....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios