Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
WinonaVampire's Custom Terrain (Dragon Horde added! 2/26/10)

I have been working on the piece for a little while and I have finally finished it. This thought started with the dungeon contest a bit ago, but, being that I don't have the time to make a "full" expansion... Nor do I have the skills to even compete with most of the people on this site, I decided to just make a small one for no reason and just share it.

My idea was a dragon's horde treasure pile.

The materials I used were:
7 Hex Piece
Hot Glue -used to build up each hex, and then used a razor blade to cut the hex edges so it didn't just look like a glob of glue.
Gold Paint- after the hot glue hexes were finished, I put a base of gold paint down
Glitter Glue Gel - Once the base dried, I put about 3 coats of glitter glue down to ensure a nice sparkley coverage
Little Tiny Gems- These were bought from Micheals. I think they are for clothes or something. I just super glued them around the treasure pile to look like various gems were in the treasure.
Misc. Weapons from other Mage Knight Figs- Finally, I glued a couple weapons around the treasure and then put a bit more glitter gel on it to look like the weapons were in the treasure.

Not much of a tutorial, I know... but, at least you have an idea of the process (as simple as it is lol...)

And now, the pics!

I do have some custom rules for the treasure pile:

Dragon Horde

Each hex requires and additional movement to enter the hex

Instead of attacking with a unique hero standing on a Dragon Horde space, you may instead roll a d20. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16-20, you may immediately draw a face down treasure glyph and reveal it. Place that glyph on the army card.

(and then follow normal rules for possessing a treasure glyph.)

(I have 3 DDMS, so, there is a nice pile of treasure glyphs to draw from, and the Waves I have on pre order will add even more treasure to the horde!)

Well, thanks for looking and reading, and I look forward to any feedback you may have!

`WV`

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:39 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: WinonaVampire's Custom Terrain (Dragon Horde added! 2/26

Not bad, I like it

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like the idea of pulling random magic items out of the treasure pile. I might have to make a treasure pile of my own now just so I can use that feature in a dungeon crawl game.
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Looks really cool. I like the idea of a random glyph.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:41 AM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

nice, im trying to find all i can to make a dungeonscape map iwith my customs.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
nice, im trying to find all i can to make a dungeonscape map iwith my customs.

Let me know if you try to recreate it. I'd be curious how yours turns out or if you made any alterations or modifications.

My first thought for a treasure pile was just literally, a huge mound of treasure that was just a movement blocker.

Then, I had the thought that I should make the outer hexes space that couldn't be landed on, but could be moved through at double cost and then a center hex or two that could be sat on by the dragon. The problem with that was you could sit on it and be immune to melee units, so I scrapped it for a 7 hex piece of all traversable treasure hexes with the double hex cost.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:12 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

That is about perfect. It looks simple to build. It looks inexpensive to build. It looks great. It fits the theme of the D&D set perfectly. The custom rules for it are a perfect fit for Heroscape. Simple, thematic, and it makes sense. I wish I could rep you more for it. Thanks for sharing!
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

That is really neat, and I love the random glyph aspect. I think I might make some of this for a dungeon, but I was wondering though, would it be possible to paint extra glyphs gold and then stick them on the hex, or is it to little/big?

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
That is really neat, and I love the random glyph aspect. I think I might make some of this for a dungeon, but I was wondering though, would it be possible to paint extra glyphs gold and then stick them on the hex, or is it to little/big?

That was actually one of my ideas, but honestly, I didn't want to ruin any glyphs. I don't have 30 Master sets, so I use the glyphs I do have.

They do fit perfectly and would work if you had spares.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

That looks great! I love the custom rules you made for it.
I daresay I like it more than my own. I made one for a scenario I created but yours it much simpler to make than the one I made, and more practical.

If you want to see mine.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I always see everyone say they use hot glue when making terrain. What is the difference between using hot glue and normal glue?

Old March 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
That looks great! I love the custom rules you made for it.
I daresay I like it more than my own. I made one for a scenario I created but yours it much simpler to make than the one I made, and more practical.

If you want to see mine.
WOW... Yours looks amazing! That was the plan I had originally, just a massive pile of treasure. But, then I wanted figs on it and had to scrape the "pile" look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I always see everyone say they use hot glue when making terrain. What is the difference between using hot glue and normal glue?
Hot glue has two advantages.

1. It cools (dries) in a matter of seconds or minutes, verses white glue (I'm assuming you meant white school glue when you said "normal")

2. You can get "bulk" out of hot glue. Since hot glue is basically plastic that you are melting and cooling, you don't lose any mass. White glue loses water as it dries so it loses it's mass.

A few more attributes of hot glue is even when hot and melted, it is much thicker then white glue, so it is much easier to work with and finally, it is super cheap. You can get a whole bag of sticks for only a couple dollars at Wal-Mart.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles