Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: The majority of these Army Cards are...
Overpowered 0 0%
Mostly Balanced 2 100.00%
Underpowered 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 4th, 2018, 08:32 PM

KaineKamui is surprisingly tart
Re: KaineKamui's Huge Custom Heroscape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
-snipped dead code-

Here's one?

@KaineKamui
Just link each card to it's download page for now. Once you're squared away, right click on each card image and hit "Copy Image Address". Then hit the button and put the copied link into the pop-up. That's how it works on Chrome at least.

Edit: And the image is gone. Definitely try another image hosting site, since this one doesn't like to share images.
I have linked everything to a different site and I hope that this solves the problem for everyone!
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:08 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I can see them

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 5th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yep, see 'em now. Not read through 'em. Any possibility you might list the figures?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 5th, 2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yep, see 'em now. Not read through 'em. Any possibility you might list the figures?
I have added the names of the figures used below their Army Cards. ^__^
Old August 5th, 2018, 06:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Interesting lot of customs. Quite a few caught my interest through browsing them. Lots of neat powers and abilities. Hard to poll though just based off theoryscaping. Thanks for sharing these.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 17th, 2018, 02:03 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

This is a massive list of customs! I've been meaning to swing in and poke through 'em. Well, let's give this a run!

Gregek:
For the overall build, 45 points feels quite fair. However, I feel the theme for this unit is all over the place. He is Valiant, but he can lose enough morale to simply leave the battlefield if his mentor is bested? That doesn't quite make sense. Maybe if his defense were simply cut by 2, or even 3. He still has some will to fight, but no real will to survive. Additionally, Endless Determination doesn't feel right here. Sure, he's dedicated to the hero, but unless he's magically enchanted somehow, death is death. I don't see how he can come back to life...

Ugear:
I'd love to comment on the other bugbear, but the card seems to be not working.

Aurgelmir:
This is an interesting hero. He'll do well against hero heavy armies, because he can throw large attacks like Krug, and because he can run like mad when he's got enough Rage markers. But, he'll probably get destroyed by screens. Since I'm assuming your aren't incorporating the C3V units in your customs (many of these minis are in the C3V ), he doesn't have any notable synergy, outside of whatever is in your customs. It's also worth pointing out that dealing more damage than life can actually make him lose a lot of Rage. For example, if he is engaged with a few Venocs and has to use his SA, he'll quickly run low on Rage. That level of counterplay can be good however.

Brougvor:
Bouncing Fireball can be devastating to a lot of armies. You might need to jack this guy's cost up by a lot. Perhaps 100-110 points? In the right place, at the right time, this guy can destroy Venocs, Goblins, Ashigarus, and any other really low defense units. Having low survivability doesn't matter if you can wipe half an army in one turn.

I'm Not Typing This Dude's Name Out:
This guy is pretty cool. He basically gives you a second Raelin. He's going to need a lot of playtesting to ensure that double Rae auras aren't broken. Can you say 8 Defense Sentinels? Holla!
Beyond that, he has some niche uses. Two Taelords? Why not?

Nightmare Qlippoth:
This figure is psycho. Devour is pretty cool power, and a nice use of the giant mouth of the mini. The Nightmare power is pretty much spot on for this guy, but am I wrong to think it only works against unique/uncommon heroes? If it does work against common heroes, the power does gain a lot of utility, however. A bit expensive for what he can do, but he looks like a dungeon baddie anyway.

Wood Elemental:
Ooh, this guy adds "Cyberclaw" to the Elemental army. You might need to bump him to 35 points though, since Tough is a good power to have on a screening unit. But he isn't too far off from the Air Elemental in power terms, so 30 points is probably fine.

Trurzosk:
He looks like a nice low-tier puncher for the Greenscale build. The only change I'd make is to make it so that a Dragon can't usurp the throne. My (limited) understand of Lizardfolk is that they follow the biggest lizard, and a Dragon is way bigger than Trurzosk.

Shalelu:
This ranger is pretty cool. She has the longest possible range in the game, and can evade incoming ranged fire. Her playlist of powers should let her get Turn 1 attacks on many competitive maps. That has it's own blend of advantages and disadvantages for the player using her, however. It's hard to pinpoint where she'll end up on the power-scale, however. Once melee gets up to here (either by flying or by virtue of a high move, she'll likely get ripped apart since she can only run for so long. And she only gets one attack per turn, and a fairly weak one. Interesting toolkit.

Greater Wood Elemental:
I dig it. A threat range of 10 and a better Cyberclaw power really lets one or two of these guys clog up an important area on a battlefield, like a bridge. Boy will the player pay for the privilege, though. It's always good to see different miniatures sources like Skylanders get in on the action too.

Kaens:
Sweet, a 10 point filler unit. I'm not sure I like how the mini has Thorian Speed+, since that means he'll actually get the first strike and probably score his points (with a potential attack of 5!) and then some. The other 10 point filler units are a gamble, because the odds are they will get killed before they can take a turn. Often by ranged, but sometimes by a glyph.

Brox:
+1 Life for any hero for 10 points? Sign me up! In a game of positioning, you might be better to make the Bodyguard require to work like Combat Challenge. Brox should actually be engaged to the figure to actually be a guard. He can't be in 2 places at once, after all!

Snig the Axe:
And the Javelineer I see. Pigzerker Rage does give him some utility on the battlefield, since if you get lucky, you can score three turns in a row. Sure those turns aren't fantastic ones, but you can get something done in them. Good at early glyph grabbing too, since he can move 12 as early as turn 2... if you do rile him up a bit on turn one.

It's late so I'll try to continue with these at a later time. Good work on all your customs KaineKamui!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow that’s a lot of guys! You said you did this all in a month? I’d love to see those pictures of your units mixed in with OG Heroscape looking all official. I’ve always had a soft spot for that kind of thing.
Old August 17th, 2018, 11:59 AM

I did do this all within a month, but like I mentioned, a lot of these had just been me redoing ones that had been destroyed when my computer broke, meaning I didn't have to put much time into actually having to think of their design, but just making them. Still, though, over the years I have gotten so much better and more efficient with making these things. Heroes have become easy to get the visual part done, but squads are still a pain.

As for pictures of them with official Heroscape, I will get to that very soon! I had been waiting to try and get them all made first, but due to some order delays/confusions, that might take longer than hoped for so I might as well get some picture out while waiting. =)
Old August 17th, 2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
This is a massive list of customs! I've been meaning to swing in and poke through 'em. Well, let's give this a run!......

Hiya, flameslayer93! ^_^ Just wanted to say thank you for your in-depth commentary on my figures: it's something I appreciate so much to be able to hear. Right now I don't have the time to, but I will respond to all concerns/ideas you had for the figures, and will respond to whatever other comments you make on the other figures here too. =) I've already have some planned changes for some of my figures, but it'll be nice to hear what you have to say about these all before I make anymore changes to things.
Old August 17th, 2018, 12:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Hiya, flameslayer93! ^_^ Just wanted to say thank you for your in-depth commentary on my figures: it's something I appreciate so much to be able to hear. Right now I don't have the time to, but I will respond to all concerns/ideas you had for the figures, and will respond to whatever other comments you make on the other figures here too. =) I've already have some planned changes for some of my figures, but it'll be nice to hear what you have to say about these all before I make anymore changes to things.
Fortunately, I'm back to get some more of this list cranked out!

Balion:
For Blessing of Peace, you can probably drop 'numbered', since the X is never considered to be revealed (even by powers that would remove/reveal it). Healing Rain is a useful power, even if the effect is unreliable. You may want to change his class to Priest, Cleric, or something else that would better represent his holy abilities. The figure even looks like a Priest performing his Blessing. I can't speak too much of his pricing, since although he outclasses Ana Karithon imo, he does do more than she does.

Wizzy Wig:
I would actually consider reducing the range of Trick of the Tail to 1 or 2. With a threat range of 13, it's pretty much impossible for a player to play to avoid the affect. Moving OM's is a strong effect, and this guy can swing it often. Stealth Flying seals the deal on this guy, making him a an effective 4/5 unit. Watch out for any bonding you give this guy.

General Volkare:
I shudder to think how this guy plays in a Romans/Marcus build. You can probably reduce the odds of hitting Sword of the Conqueror without hurting the integrity of the custom. He may not be cheap, but the units he boosts are.
Bonus effect: He boosts 10th and Airborne Elite too, both of whom can hole up behind the wall of +1 DEF infantry.

Wolfen Guardians:
This is an interesting custom. I say interesting because they can use their powers to keep each other alive and to move each other. The ability to move each figure twice (by choosing an adjacent guardian, and then using that guardian to move the one who just moved), is quite potent. One can easily rush a glyph on Turn 1, or even rush enemy ranged figures. Their high defense will also keep them alive against a lot of things. I'd change their powers to only work for Wolfen you control, rather than yours + a teamates. At least the Pack Runner power, since in a larger game, your allies could literally move around half of your army with good startzone placements. Try playtesting them on battlefields where they can get an attack glyph (either plain Attack +1 or Common Attack +1) and see how your opponent does.

Bone Shaman:
Neat. You can probably get away with changing his Personality to something like Tricky or perhaps Resolute or Stoic. He doesn't feel Devout, largely because to be Devout he needs to have some type of Deity to follow. In D&D, there are a number of Deities. Here, this custom appears to worship nature, or at least the Moon.

Wolfen Hunters:
Neat. Common 4 man ranged squads are one of the game's strongest unit types, due to the game's rules. These units have a very high movement to let them easily use Spear Throw, but the warning here is that they'll have 4 attacks of 4 at range. That's a lot of attack dice for a 75 point squad to throw, and enough for a large army of these guys to mow down many competitive forces. Their low defense is made up for by sheer numbers (4 squads is 300 points), and can be remedied at least in part by some combination of Raelin (either version)/high ground/Dodge 5.

Illdyia:
She might be a tad undercosted, since she can reliably throw 5 attack dice (and slow her enemy down). Reducing the number of Crippling Arrows she has to 2 might help, however. It would help lower the overall cost of the unit, as well as free up the player's turns to do other things.

Wolfen Warriors:
You can probably drop the cost of these guys to 70 or 75. They're effectively Wolf versions of the Heavy Gruts. They lose Disengage, but get a 30% immunity against ranged fire.

Jirelle:
This Swashbuckler has some serious kick against adjacent melee figures. Does Parry occur before or after the Deadly Strike multiplier? if it's before, that makes her nasty counter to Minions as well. Keep her away from Range, though.

Altus:
Tsunami is great, but you won't be able to use it very often. Most players will go around water spaces. He does grant the power to water walk, which is helpful. You can target your own water walkers to use Tsunami, but you'll probably take some damage yourself. It's hard to price this guy effectively.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Fortunately, I'm back to get some more of this list cranked out!
So I'm around now to respond to concerns/ideas on the customs!

Gregek:
You're probably right about changing the penalty from being death into something more of negatives to his stats: now that I think about it, it is strange for him to just go dying. x_X In regard to his Endless Determination power, I don't see it as him coming back from the dead, but that he's all beat up and injured--ready to give up and stop fighting--but seeing Ugear fighting gives him the strength to get back up and keep going.

Ugear:
You didn't get to him, but do tell me what you think. I love these little bugbear guys (they're some of my favorites I've made), and a couple of the figures I'd actually have short bios for a "Book of..." sort of section.

Aurgelmir:
Yeah, I didn't incorporate C3V when I made these and with balancing stuff. Still, though, if a figure is too powerful when synergized with those sort of things, people can make their own tweaks and adjustments to my figures to fit things better for the sort of game they like to play. ^^

Brougvor:
Hmmm, I guess it is something harder to maneuver around when I think of it more. Powers like his can be countered by the right positioning of your troops, but spacing that far apart to avoid his fireball is too much. I'll have to decide between the point increase or of an adjustment to his power to make it weaker or more difficult to use.

Iauzioz'Itreh:
That was a point of concern of mine as well, but one of the things that keeps him in check is that his changes last only until he has another Order Marker used on him, meaning he's going to be stationery if you want him to stay as he is. If you want to advance forward you're going to have to move him and copy again, probably using up a turn to do not more than that. He is a tricky figure to place how he's going to do, and he'll need plenty of playtesting: I can see him turning out either way as very powerful or very useless.

Nightmare Qlippoth:
Oops, looks like you ran into one of my errors! Yes, the Nightmare Qlippoth is only supposed to affect Unique/Uncommon Heroes and not Common ones: I'll fix its text in my next update. And you think its points are a bit too expensive? Do you think giving it +1 Life would be good while still in a fair point range? (I make adjustments a lot of the time after I get the actual figures because I am always surprised by how deceptive photos alone can be sometimes--like this guy is bigger than expected and 5 Life would probably be more fitting now with it).

Trurzosk:
While it might be fun to follow lore, it'd also probably mess with why I made him. Because who would choose to bond with a little lizard over a powerful dragon? But, if I gave him the power to give his title over to a dragon later, I thought that people would actually like to use him with the Greenscales.

Kaens:
Well, I thought I would give him the Valkyrian Speed to be sort of comparable to Isamu: Kaens is safe from range, but has no protection from melee, while Isamu has a chance to be safe from melee and chance to be safe from ranged. Still, though, I can turn it into normal Thorian Speed if you think him having Valkyrian Speed is too much for his 10 points.

Brox:
I'll have to think about your suggestion for him. Sometimes, though, things can be hard to think of how to word properly, and I don't like to make things too confusing for people to understand how a power works. In the past I had a problem with making things far, far too complex. -_-

Balion:
I'll change the wording when I update the cards. And an Exarch actually is a Bishop (of a Church), so his class actually does represent his holy powers. =)

Wizzy-Wig:
I'll try reducing his power's Range to 2 and then test that at some point to see how powerful it is.

General Volkare:
By how much do you think I should reduce the odds for his Sword of the Conqueror? You thinking of maybe the classic 15 or higher sort of odds?

Wolfen Guardians:
That's actually an error on my part. I had thought of it--but forgot to ever actually write it in--that they can't Pack Run on each other/with other Wolfen Guardians.

Bone Shaman:
I don't know much about them, but I'm pretty sure the wolfen worship a moon goddess (who I think is called Yllia). So it's a sort of following of the moon and a goddess, and I think Devout works: for only the ones most dedicated to the goddess can bring back the dead!

Wolfen Hunters:
I can understand the concerns about how powerful they could end up being, so how much of an increase in their points do you think would be good? Would +15 Points still be too little?

Illydia:
I'll consider changing the amount of arrows, and then see how it plays like after that!

Wolfen Warriors:
All right, I'll adjust their points when I do my big update of things.

Jirelle:
Since the wording of the Minions of Utgar states that "all skulls rolled count for one additional hit," and not that all skulls rolled count as an additional skull, that would mean she would reduce the skulls of their original roll, making them lose their bonus for each one before it can be applied. At least that's how I interpret it. :/

Once again, thanks for all the feedback!
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:52 PM
I could go

Please note, I typed this out earlier, but I do have replies

Glad to hear back @KaineKamui ! I'll reply some more a bit later, but here's another batch of feedbacks.

Y'anrylh:
How do you say this guy's name? You may actually want to change it to something pronouncable, since as it is, the name sounds more Lovecraftian than tribal...even for an alien wolf lol. He looks like the lynchpin in a Wolfen army, and has the statline to back it up. You can probably get away with changing his personality to Valiant. He's already Heroic because he is literally a Hero, the personality just seems redundant.

Shuhil:
His powers are all pretty cool, and I like how even after his wishes are expended, he still has some combat use with 8 Movement and 4 attack dice.

Zephyrus:
You might be able to cut his move by 1, since he does have Walking on Air. His overall stats are lower than Jotuns, but he does have a short ranged special attack and more effective defense against ranged units.

Uruk-Hai Warriors:
Dark Magic Bonding has quite a few targets to bond with, and while I don't know them all off the top of my head I'm sure there's some options. From a quick skim I didn't see many viable targets in your list of customs. You may be able to change some classes to allow bonding, but you certainly don't have to. 75 or 80 points is probably about right, for these guys. That 4th Def die goes a long way.

Uruk Pikemen:
These units remind me of the C3V's Cathar Spearmen in a lot of ways. I'm not a fan of giving common squads Engagement Strike, but it is thematic for these units. You might find yourself bumping the cost of these bad boys. Try them against melee forces.

Earendil:
Sacred Armaments is good for keeping this guy alive for a long long time. He looks like a solid boss for a campaign, and a good leader for Sahuagins.

Serotia:
I like this take on the Necromancer trope. I don't see Necromancy coming into play very often, because this unit likely won't be doing the fighting. I like March of the Damned quite a bit here, though. It makes the player think about using Shades of Bleakewood, too. I figure this guy can make decent appearances in Phantom Knight and Zombie of Morindan armies.
Not sure what's up with the Hit Zone, though. He's Human, not a Zombie?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards