Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 5th, 2015, 05:03 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney - Handful of Heroes! - Jan 3r

How'd the tourney go? Wish I could've made it...

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
How'd the tourney go? Wish I could've made it...
I won, with an Elf Wizard army! (Ulgy, Johrdawn, Arkmer, Kyntela, Haduc, Emirroon, Raelin, Marcu)

I beat two Q9/rats pods, one with Laglor/Q10, and another with Raelin/Hydra/Kelda. However, first one didn't screen with rats and second one had bad defense.

Johrdawn was the MVP here, often rolling 3/4 and 4/4 skulls for her SA, especially when I needed it. Arkmer and Haduc did great on their attacks as well. Raelin was the bait often, with Kyntela and Haduc following behind. Emirroon was mandatory for me to move the Wizards quickly. And of course Ulginesh was there to bond with everything. Marcu, most of all, saved me in two games against Wannok wounds. (Both in the Q9/rat games, oddly enough.)
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah! Interesting. I am curious to know more about Haduc's performance, in particular.

Congrats, MS!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ah! Interesting. I am curious to know more about Haduc's performance, in particular.

Congrats, MS!
In the Q9/Laglor/Q10 game, I didn't use him until I was set up on a nice 7-hex hill. Emirroon and Arkmer kicked Q9's butt from height, while Jorhdawn dealt with Q10 after than, along with Arkmer and Haduc's help.

In the Q9/Raelin/Hydra match, I once again didn't use Haduc until I was set up, and really not until Hydra started moving up. I kept winning init so he couldn't attack Haduc reliably (he said), and decided to settle on Johrdawn instead, as she kept blasting Q9, Hydra, Kelda with super explosions.
Old January 6th, 2015, 11:38 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
and second one had bad defense.
Such as when MegaSilver rolled only one skull, I'm down to one life on Q9, and I blanked on defense with 10 dice.

One expects to be paper-cut to death with their high defense heroes as wounds here and there eventually make it through, but there were key moments in my games where even a below average result (as in, only one or two shields) when throwing 9+ dice would have done wonders. It happened to me five times that day, throwing complete blanks during those key moments.

So after those moments, I would bring in Kelda...who rolled a 5 or less in five of the six times I used her. Even more painful was the wasted order markers from her use because after three of her pitiful heal attempts, I lost the healed hero in question (Q9 or Hydra) on the next OM anyway.

So there you go, kids. Bring @dok 's A+ GenCon build and find a way to go 2-3 with it...again. My very first tournament ever had me go 2-3 with that build, and this time I even put in Kelda with it to offset the partial card scoring effect. I should have been 4-1 (I lost to NecroBlade from horribly misplaying from start to finish, not because of dice).

As for Haduc, he might have been bait because of the threat from Johrdawn, but he's a real pain as an endgame figure. I got up to a huge lead on MegaSilver, so I tried to hit him while I could because I've faced Haduc at the end of a game before and he's practically unkillable after OMs 2 and 3 are on him. So I was trying to get him while I had the attack dice and advantage, but my attack dice took a dive at that point in the game. Then MegaSilver goes ballistic on a couple of his attacks that coincide with my above mentioned whining about the complete lack of any defense dice at all and the tide had turned in an instant. With hindsight, I should have been trying to score points by getting some wounds to go through on Ulginesh, but at the time, it was looking like it was going to be a route anyway, so I had focused on Haduc while I had the momentum.

Ugh...it was a brutal day!

Old January 6th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sounds rough. Thank you for the specific discussion of Haduc, @Deroche , I was worried he'd be tough, particularly in the late game. It sounds like you've managed ok against him, but for dice.

Next time don't bring Q9. He's bad juju, unless you're already evil, like @dok .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 12th, 2015, 06:10 PM

Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney - 510 tourney! - Feb 7th

510 TOURNEY!

Simply put, this event is 510 point army, 20 figure limit.

HOWEVER, due to smaller sizes, we're going to try a 3 round tournament this time. So bring some games and/or plan on playing other games after the tournament. We're going to test out a new system this time.

C3V/SoV Allowed! No Marvel.
3 Rounds -- 55 minutes per Round
Partial Card Scoring -- Points Killed/Wounded Only

Pet Shop Comics
6234 N Preston Hwy
Louisville, KY 40229
12 -5ish PM Bring snacks!
$5 Registration Fee (goes toward prizes)

Maps
TBA

Attending:
MegaSilver
NecroBlade
Deroche
El Diabolo

Maybe:
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

There, finally
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Is it finally time for me to play Cyprien and his Skeletons?

Or maybe just some A+ Vulcanmech cheese?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 20th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I am super bumbed about this whole college thing, as I could run my favorite army that I've ever played if I was able to be there. My build that I played at my 4th tournament of Axegrinders x3, Mogrimm, and 6 Black Wyrmings would be there in full force if I wasn't a few states away. Dang

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:30 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

It's still up in the air if I can come or not. I don't have anything that would conflict, it's just a long haul for my parents and they like to unwind on the weekends and this kinda kills their whole day. I've tried to tell them to just come and play too but for some reason that isn't appealing to them...
Anyway, in a few months I'll be able to drive myself, and shortly thereafter so will Evan so hopefully our attendance will be much better since we love coming and hate to miss.
Also, good luck to MegaSilver on his custom that he submitted to SoV!

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old January 22nd, 2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
It's still up in the air if I can come or not. I don't have anything that would conflict, it's just a long haul for my parents and they like to unwind on the weekends and this kinda kills their whole day. I've tried to tell them to just come and play too but for some reason that isn't appealing to them...
Anyway, in a few months I'll be able to drive myself, and shortly thereafter so will Evan so hopefully our attendance will be much better since we love coming and hate to miss.
Also, good luck to MegaSilver on his custom that he submitted to SoV!
Thank you! We hope to see you both around here soon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events