Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Don't know about that link, but here's one to my greatest fanfic of all time:

Oh wait, what am I doing? Nevermind. Please don't read my greatest fanfic of all time! Sorry about that...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

A couple rulings that showed up at our last tournament that I wasn't 100% sure on:

1) Double-spaced figures must have [(their lead space) or (both spaces)] on a road hex at the start of their turn to gain the +3 Movement bonus. A simple search answered this one - Both hexes must begin on road.

2) When Squad figures land on a Treasure Glyph, they must stop, correct?
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:10 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
A couple rulings that showed up at our last tournament that I wasn't 100% sure on:

1) Double-spaced figures must have [(their lead space) or (both spaces)] on a road hex at the start of their turn to gain the +3 Movement bonus. A simple search answered this one - Both hexes must begin on road.

1) Both spaces must be on road prior to moving.

2) Squad figures can keep moving or decide to stay on the treasure glyph without triggering it.
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:

2) Squad figures can keep moving or decide to stay on the treasure glyph without triggering it.
Note that Hero figures don't need to stop on T-glyphs either. They have to stop to pick it up, but if they don't want to pick it up they can keep moving.
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:16 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:

Note that Hero figures don't need to stop on T-glyphs either. They have to stop to pick it up, but if they don't want to pick it up they can keep moving.
Correct.
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:26 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm pretty certain I already know the answer to this. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation...

When a unit is on a tall, steep ledge and a unit is at the bottom of that cliff, all standard line of sight applies and only if there was a battlement at the top of the cliff would the height advantaged figure be able to peer over the edge. This is correct, right?
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:28 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I'm pretty certain I already know the answer to this. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation...

When a unit is on a tall, steep ledge and a unit is at the bottom of that cliff, all standard line of sight applies and only if there was a battlement at the top of the cliff would the height advantaged figure be able to peer over the edge. This is correct, right?
Correct.

~Z

P.S. Or a wall.

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:42 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
P.S. Or a wall.
Thanks! And thanks for pointing out the walls. I totally forgot about those. Designing my next giant map and want to have points to target from. Nice to have walls as an additional option. Appreciate the help!
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:52 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
P.S. Or a wall.
Thanks! And thanks for pointing out the walls. I totally forgot about those. Designing my next giant map and want to have points to target from. Nice to have walls as an additional option. Appreciate the help!
One of my favorite things about battlements and walls is that is the only way Major Q9 can see behind himself.

~Z

My map thread
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
P.S. Or a wall.
One of my favorite things about battlements and walls is that is the only way Major Q9 can see behind himself.

~Z
Oh good. That poor guy needs all the help he can get!
Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If my figure is on a second ladder rung, would that be level 3 or 4?
Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
If my figure is on a second ladder rung, would that be level 3 or 4?
Depends on what level it is at the bottom of the ladder, dunnit? If water, ice, hot lava, or shadow, it could be as low as level 0.

The first rung is one level higher than the landing space. The second rung is three levels higher than the landing space. Each additional rung is 2 levels higher than the previous one.

~Z

My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's