Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nitro (Initial Playtest Phase)

No new comments here of late so I'm going to go ahead and try to knock out the next couple of tests this week using what is now in the SP.
Old December 11th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
No new comments here of late so I'm going to go ahead and try to knock out the next couple of tests this week using what is now in the SP.
Thanks a bunch YK
Old December 11th, 2017, 06:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Nitro)
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? No, I feel his one trick needs to be better to justify drafting him just to sacrifice him. With only a melee base attack and the desire to be as close to as many opponents’ figures as possible before SA detonation (which leaves him helpless afterwards), his life expectancy is very short at 4 def. & 4 life. So you can pretty much expect to blow him up once and that will be his primary contribution to your team.
- What should be the unit's point value? Hard to say as none of the Criminal heroes earned their points in this game. Losing initiative in R3 really hurt them as it was followed by a disastrous series of rolls that doomed their team. In hindsight, this might not have been the best match up for the criminals with the CCR being able to so easily dish out W’s to the 1 life Lex Corp and high def. but only 4 life Whirlwind.
- Give a brief preview. His big area attack should be most devastating to squads so I wanted to throw him up against the Invaders right away to see what he can do. Lex Corp gives him the bonding flex to move in and blow up at the right time while bonding with a ranged attacker who can easily stay out of the blast radius.
Map: Secret Sub Base
Units: Lex Corp Security x2, Nitro @190, Absorbing Man, Whirlwind (900) vs. Arthrian Invaders x3, Annihilus (900)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: By the end of the first round Annihilius and his army have taken down 3 of the 4 Lex Corp, thanks in large part to the Cosmic Control Rod. Absorbing Man missed his first absorption roll of the game but hit on the last OM and squished the 3rd bug of the round. With Absorbing Man now rolling 9+ att. dice, Annihilus was understandably worried about losing the CCR so he spends most of the round fleeing out of AB’s range while bringing more bugs into play. Whirlwind chases him around but fails to deal any wounds. Annihilus however does score a W on Whirlwind with the CCR. With the last OM, Whirlwind blows Annihilus & a bug over closer to the other bugs in an attempt to set up Nitro for a big blast should they win initiative. Annihilus wins initiative though (3rd time in a row) and avoids the trap. Things take a turn for the worse with that initiative loss as a bug gains HG on AB and hits him for 3W, another bug his Whirlwind for 1W (whiff on def.), then Annihilus uses the CCR to put another W on AB. AB climbs a ladder but fails to squish the Bug next to him, that bug then finishes off AB with a 4 skull att. roll. With Whirlwind already half dead and AB gone, Annihilus decides to try and finish Whilrwind off but fails to deal a W with the CCR and has his att. blocked. The last Lex Corp comes out to destroy the bug that killed AB and Whirlwind tried to knock the CCR out of Annihilus’ claw but only deals 1W. Annihilus brings another bug into play, then finished off Whirlwind with a big CCR roll. Nitro moves out to end the round. Nirto wins initiative, moves and blows up (see above). First bug that att. Nitro from HG deals 3W, second bug finishes him off from even ground with another 2W (4 skull att. again). Annihilus uses CCR to finish off last Lex Corp. and ends the game after OM1 of R4.

***Nitro card being tested was changed (boosted up to be stronger) at this point in testing**
Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Tentative yes, the dice just didn’t seem to be with the criminals all the often in this game and the Titans are a formidable team to beat, but the change to the SA at least made it seem as though hi big gamble was worth the risk even if it didn’t pan out.
- What should be the unit's point value? Still hard to say as I have yet to see him reach his potential.
- Give a brief preview. Giving him the same OM flex to blow up when needed via Hush this time. Instead of going up against squads though I’m going to try and use him to inflict a bunch of wounds to the Titans all at once and potentially overload Ravens ability to transfer the wounds back fast enough to mitigate all the damage. Starfire is Hush’s vendetta.
Map: Secret Sub Base (Concrete & Asphalt boost Tombstone, water tiles could help Aqualad)
Units: Hush, Nitro @200, Tombstone, Rhino (800) vs. Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Wonder Girl lasso’s Tombstone and deals 1W to him, Rhino charges Wonder Girl to free Tombstone from the lasso and deals 2W to her, then Starfire moves to HG adj. to Tombstone and att. 3 times (thanks to the 2W on Wonder Girl) and on the 3rd att. rolls all skulls which KO’s Tombstone. That is the end of R1. Rhino punches Wonder Girl for all 3 OM’s in R2 and only manages 1W, while the Titans put 3W on Rhino. In R3, Rhino finally manages to finish off Wonder girl on OM2, while his defense was stellar at holding out vs. the Titans. Rhino then moves to HG on Aqualad and KO’s him with 1 punch and Raven scores 1W on Rhino to close out the round. Titans win initiative in R4, Starfire takes HG adj. to Rhino and no allies and puts him down, Raven moves adj. to Starfrie and hits Hush from LG for 2W!, Nightwing engages Hush on LG and deals another W. Nitro rushes Raven and att. from LG but gets blocked (4 shield roll on def.). Starfire puts a quick 3W on Nitro while att. from HG. Nitro opts to move up to even ground with Starfire and detonate in a desperate gamble to pull out a win (see results above). Raven transfers 1W to Nitro with Soul Self (from Starfire), then to end the round Hush scores a takedown of Nightwing when he whiffs on def. and Hush rolls 3 skulls on att. from an adj. att., granting him 1 more W of damage for the sudden KO. Starfire wins initiative in R5 and immediately takes down Nitro (who only had 1 life remaining at this point) on her first att. Hush puts a W on Raven from HG, then Starfire att. Hush at range from LG and ends the game.

Army Test 3
- Does it pass, Yes or No? I have a few suggestions but yes, after finally seeing him SA do some damage (as a result of poor def. rolls and on his second life) I feel he can be a fun addition to C3G.
- What should be the unit's point value? The final results are still looking as though he needs a price drop to me but with that price drop I would draft him from time to time and hope for the best.
- Give a brief preview. I’m using this 3rd test to check out his mutate synergy, which is only Jackal right now. However, Jackal possibly being able to bring him back for a second run could add up to a lot of explosions so the idea here is to try and make the game last as long as possible. Blob will be sent in tie down as many of the Wrecking Crew as possible while absorbing their attacks, while Beast will try to remove OM’s and limit the number of turns the Wrecking Crew can take between full power explosions.
Map: Secret Sub Base
Units: Jackal, Nitro@210, Blob, Beast (800) vs. Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: R1, Blob manages to inflict 1W to Piledriver while the Wrecking Crew fails to dal any W’s to Blob. To start R2, Blob has a perfect att. roll and deals a quick 3W to Piledrver, then Blob whiffs on def. and Piledriver deals 3W right back to him. Piledriver takes another W from Blob and Wreck manages to score a W on Blob as well. Blob tries to finish Piledriver off but fails, while Thunderball hits Blob for 1W from HG to end the round. Thunderball wins initiative in R3 and takes down Blob from HG when Blob whiffs on def. again, triggering the first successful Wrecking Crew of the game, which is just used to move Bulldozer up as no one else is in range. OM1 lost on Blob though so Wrecker takes HG but has no targets in range. Nitro engages Piledriver and takes him out with a normal att. Wrecker att. Nitro from HG but gets blocked (3 shields!), 18 rolled for WC, Thunderball gives it a try though and deals 4W from HG!, another 18 rolled for WC, Bulldozer charges him from 3 spaces out and rolls 4 skulls to put Nitro down, WC roll of 20 now (after not having any successful WC rolls in the first 2 rounds we have 3 in a row here), Thunderball moves up and att. Beast from HG, blocked! OM3 lost on Nitro. Jackal rolls a 20 for his experiment though and Nitro is back in the game in the very next round after getting destroyed! Nitro wins initiative and since he is fully charged up wastes no time running out and blowing up (see above for details), as an experiment now he takes 1W himself as well. Thunderball att. Beast from HG and deals 2W. Beast att. Thunderball to no avail. Wrecker comes down off HG to att. Nitro and deals 3W. Beast leaps adj. to Wrecker and att. but again gets blocked. Wrecker att. Nitro again and hits him for another 3W (on 1 life left) to take him down, WC roll of 7, Thunderball moves up adj. to Jackal and att. for 1W, WC roll of 15, Bulldozer charges Beast from 2 spaces away, 3W puts Beast down. No cloning this round, Thunderball wins initiative and puts another W on Jackal. Jackal fails to deal any damage to Thunderball, Wrecker moves and att. Jackal at range from LG dealing 1W, WC roll of 17, Thunderball att. and gets blocked, WC roll of 18, Wrecker moves adj. on even ground and ends Jackal with a 2W att. (only 1 life remaining).
Final Thoughts: After these games it seems to me that his ability to survive long enough to charge up and then get into a position to inflict the most damage to your enemy while doing the least amount of damage to your own figures is a key component, as such I would actually advocate for his life to get bumped up to 6. I did find it odd when I realized that I could place a marker on his card in the same round in which he blew himself up though, as such I think the Reconstitute and MGH powers be worded to not allow that. I think it would mitigate some of the concern people have about the 2 auto skulls if after blowing up he had to wait another full 2 rounds to get back to full strength. Finally, even with the extra life I feel his points still need to drop some to justify his role as a suicide bomber. He will be a big boom or bust figure when you play him and as such I can’t see myself investing 200 points in him when I can get some pretty good reliable figures in the 180-200 point range already. So this is where I see him:
NAME = NITRO
SECRET IDENTITY = ROBERT HUNTER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = DESTRUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, add one MGH marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormone 2 special power up to a max of 2.

SELF DETONATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4+ Special.
All figures within “X” spaces of Nitro are affected by this Special Attack, where “X” is equal to 1+ the number of MGH Markers on this card. Add 1 Skull to your roll for each MGH Marker on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. After using Self Detonation Special Attack remove all MGH Markers from this card.

RECONSTITUTE
After using his Self Detonation Special Attack, for the rest of the round, Nitro may not use any other powers on this card, take any turns, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.
Old December 11th, 2017, 07:35 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really appreciate you running the initial for me @Yodaking ! I linked it in the OP. The changes you suggested look good to me. I still wonder if there was a way we could boost him even more. I think he is a fairly formidable villain (especially offensively) and should be costed in the 200 range. He is rarely defeated with fists, it typically takes some creative means to stop him.

While in his gas state, he is essentially immune from physical attacks. It's hard to punch air and all. I wonder if he could be immune from attacks in general after exploding? I know that could be broken but I wonder if we could make it work somehow? I also like the idea of letting him reconstitute after revealing an OM on his card. So you could get him back in time to use his normal attack and gain a MGH marker.

Quote:
RECONSTITUTE
After using his Self Detonation Special Attack, Nitro may not use any other powers on this card, take any turns, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight, until an order marker is revealed on this card.
Just spitballin trying to get his value up.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Having him not take any damage while in gas form would certainly help him return to harass his opponents some more. Wanting to move into the very heart of your opponents forces before blowing up insures you are easy to engage and attack after ward while in gas form. So taking away that option would give him a chance to reform and fight some more. I feel he should still be out of play for a round though, and lose out on collecting an MGH marker in the same round he detonates. I also feel like you shouldn't be able to hide him in his gas form by not putting any OM's on his card, that could be annoying for your opponent.

The wording you just suggested would still allow for some non-clear sight powers to damage him. Prof. X mental attack, Raven's Soul Self, area attacks that don't target him specifically but encompass the hex he is located on, etc. I think those all work thematically though and give your opponents at least a few options.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How about:

If there are no MGH Markers on this card, Nitro may not use any other powers on this card, take any turns, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight, until an order marker is revealed on this card.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
How about:

If there are no MGH Markers on this card, Nitro may not use any other powers on this card, take any turns, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight, until an order marker is revealed on this card.
That's a theme break as people want him to be able to be used without MGH markers.

I think the OM reveal idea works. He wouldn't have any MGH markers on his card but he would still be able to attack.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

RECONSTITUTE
After using his Self Detonation Special Attack, Nitro may not use any other powers on this card, take any turns, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight, until an order marker is revealed on this card or the start of the next round.

does that fix your issue @Yodaking

It gives him the chance to come back earlier and not hide out and if he doesn't it makes it so he can't get a MGH marker the round he explodes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:17 PM
C3G Landlord

I think I could live with it if it is thematically appropriate to have you blow up on OM1 and reconstitute on OM2 to blow up again (with no markers).

*edit* Although I suppose that means if you just blow up every time you take a turn no one could ever attack you back (with a few exceptions mentioned above) and that could be a problem. Maybe make the SA a once per round power then? Even then, if I blow up on OM1 every round then my opponent needs to win initiative to try and take him out. In that case I'd scale his life back to 4 or 5 life then. He would only be rolling 4 attack dice for his SA and only hitting those adj. to him but it would be interesting to see play out.
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:54 PM
C3G Landlord

So what are we doing here? Do I need to run any more tests or are we going to move forward with public testing?
Old December 13th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Where we going to try the cannot be attacked while in gas form route?
Old December 13th, 2017, 02:52 PM
C3G Landlord

We can, I just need to know what the mechanics are going to be. Might want to get @Ronin in here as well as the CRB for some rules/tactics evaluation on what that change will bring with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library