Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 15th, 2022, 12:21 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Thanks, Grungebob.
Old November 15th, 2022, 12:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

As I promised earlier, I have increased my pledge again today for a final time.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2022, 12:28 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

we've picked up 45 units in the last 75 minutes, .6 per minute.

(edit - .64 per min, as of 11am CST, 4077 units)

While that isn't enough, if that holds through the rest of the day we will be over 4500.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 15th, 2022 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Frustrating - a more smartly run, efficient campaign clearly would have had more success, maybe enough to fund
Old November 15th, 2022, 12:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hah! By rights, we should have just earned the Stretch Goals.

Fly, Drake!
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:35 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not to harp on this point again but the transformers haslab has been getting ~100 backers per day. At the rate they were going, they may not have reached their funding. Now, all of a sudden (unless i missed something), they are within shooting range of funding that project because there was a random 2000 backer increase. What happened? are they fudging numbers here or what?
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:48 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
...artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".
Not sure I'd call it artificially inflated (or at least not in the sense that AH didn't think about how 8000 orders doesn't mean 8000 backers). Reason I say that is with the Haslab allowing for a maximum of 5 sets to be ordered, they had to have taken into account (in a worst case scenario of course) that there would be only 1600 backers to get to 8K (and possibly fewer than that for anyone who took it a step further and created a second account or got a family member to place an order that they would pay for).

Usually, I think, when formulating a plan you take the worst case scenario, decide if it will still work and go from there. So even though 1600 backers would not have been where they wanted to be, I would think they at least took the possibility into account. Giving too much credit?
Good analysis. The problem though is that this project is not going to fund, so people are increasing their already existing pledges en-masse to give the impression that there is momentum behind this project, even though we couldn't get to half the backers until we got to the 45 day mark.

Ultimately @Dad_Scaper is right- the final number is the final number
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Not to harp on this point again but the transformers haslab has been getting ~100 backers per day. At the rate they were going, they may not have reached their funding. Now, all of a sudden (unless i missed something), they are within shooting range of funding that project because there was a random 2000 backer increase. What happened? are they fudging numbers here or what?
Is there something more than meets the eye going on here?

Perhaps purchasing robots in disguise?

Upset City Baby.
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:50 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past a tanking billion-dollar company to internally pump their own numbers to avoid more failed projects on their scoreboard. Far more questionable practices have been done for far less stakes. But, I'm a cynic.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:55 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Is there something more than meets the eye going on here?

Perhaps purchasing robots in disguise?
Roll out! I guess it would look bad if haslab had 5 failed projects in a row, and they’d rather pump the numbers for their historically more successful IP. Imagine them not even being able to sell a transformer, that would look terrible.
Old November 15th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
...artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".
Not sure I'd call it artificially inflated (or at least not in the sense that AH didn't think about how 8000 orders doesn't mean 8000 backers). Reason I say that is with the Haslab allowing for a maximum of 5 sets to be ordered, they had to have taken into account (in a worst case scenario of course) that there would be only 1600 backers to get to 8K (and possibly fewer than that for anyone who took it a step further and created a second account or got a family member to place an order that they would pay for).

Usually, I think, when formulating a plan you take the worst case scenario, decide if it will still work and go from there. So even though 1600 backers would not have been where they wanted to be, I would think they at least took the possibility into account. Giving too much credit?
Good analysis. The problem though is that this project is not going to fund, so people are increasing their already existing pledges en-masse to give the impression that there is momentum behind this project, even though we couldn't get to half the backers until we got to the 45 day mark.

Ultimately @Dad_Scaper is right- the final number is the final number
Maybe Hasbro is playing chicken with people doing last minute momentum boosting "false buys" to then say "hey, we're funding regardless."

Though I'm sure that's why they probably might not even be able to do that with the way it's written so people don't go, "oh, I didn't mean to purchase 10+ plus copies. I was just doing false buys and would've pulled out of it was closer to 8K.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 15th, 2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old November 15th, 2022, 03:46 PM

I don’t think so lol, but I appreciate the wishful thinking. Might be cruel to those who are doing it to artificially increase the backer total at this point. I’m still sitting at 1 set backed and may boost it before the end, if they pulled a fast one like that on all of us I surely wouldn’t be able to afford it.
Old November 15th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Inflating the number of copies you’re pledging because you know it won’t fund, is sending the wrong message. It’s sending a false signal to Hasbro. I’m not saying it’s wrong in a moral sense, or that the spirit behind it is misplaced, but if you think you’re sending the right message, I want you to know that you aren’t. Stick to your typical purchasing sensibilities and let them see the real numbers so they can more accurately analyze their failure and course correct if they choose.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion