Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old July 17th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 2 until 7/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
@Son of Arathorn you may have misplayed Immolation. Axentia *must* roll against herself every time she takes a turn.
Even after she’s been negated by Phoenix Rising? Axentia only got one turn before Phoenix Rising took effect, and missed her roll.
Old July 17th, 2020, 01:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Even after she’s been negated by Phoenix Rising? Axentia only got one turn before Phoenix Rising took effect, and missed her roll.
Ah, I thought you did something more with her than just moving her to the height in the middle. My bad.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 17th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Ah, I thought you did something more with her than just moving her to the height in the middle. My bad.
S’alright.
Old July 17th, 2020, 05:10 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Point Total: 500 Points
Map: Belly of the Beast
Glyphs: Dagmar; Wannok

Player 1 - Army: BodaciousBlood: Cathar x3, Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
Player 2 - Army: Agga-Zemmir, Children of the Dark Star x5, Marro Warriors

Which units survived?
3 Marro, 2 Children, 1 health Agga-Zemmir

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

This was a wild game. I began with some defensive positioning with the Cathar. The Cathar cactus was very effective, dispatching many of the children. Agga Zemir was only able to move my X order marker. That was super lucky on my part. 

Sir H expertly brought out the Marro Warriors and they wow… That was something. The Marro Warriors took out more than 50% of my army. I couldn’t get passed what was left of the children screen. Sir H then took over the game. It was wild. 

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

I did come in for a potentially huge move with Max. I failed a chain grab of a MW. Then I succeeded in pulling a Child close to me.. BUT failed the engagement strike and the braced spear rolls. Then I failed to kill the squad figure with my normal attack of 5…. Big whiff. 

with 2 Children engaged to Max, he then had only 1 defense dice. He was peppered with about 8 or 9 shots from the MWs and then was finally downed. Not bad for 1 defense dice…. But he really failed in this matchup. Probably should have brought him out sooner. He was really powerful in my game against the gobbos. 

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)? Please comment on all units playted with/against

As I mentioned in my previous game’s report. Sustained range fire brings him down fast. 

I liked Agga-Zemir and the Children. An interesting and fun looking group. Marro Warriors are really good… yeah… that’s about it.
Old July 17th, 2020, 07:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

flameslayer and I starting now. Voice in the HS online discord. I have the gobbos, flameslayer has my ants and Axentia.

EDIT: I picked up the win. The slashers were extremely effective at keeping the ants from getting too many engagements, limiting their effectiveness. Meanwhile Axentia, after taking out John in 1 turn, was stuck getting based by George repeatedly and never got to Raelin. (Paul and Ringo didn't do much.)

flameslayer resigned when George killed Axentia the first time. At that point it was 9 ants and a mostly-negated Axentia against 14 slashers, Raelin, and 3 Bugbears (2 of them unwounded).

Gobbos were hella fun to play and are really strong on lava maps due to the flexibility of strategic retreat. It is kind of funny to get caught in a bad spot because you unengage yourself. The Bashers give you even more reasons to think about positioning with their attack boost and with expendable rabble (although rabble never came into play).

Axentia kind of got stuck in a bad spot and never really got going in this one. Raelin had lava in front and gobbos in the back* so Axentia coulldn't get at her. Still, 7 life is a lot.

Last edited by dok; July 17th, 2020 at 09:08 PM. Reason: * a goblet?
Old July 19th, 2020, 01:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/2*

Important Round 3 Announcement

If you and your opponent BOTH have 2 losses, please play your Round 3 games with the following changes:
Spoiler Alert!

Additionally, if you do not have 2 losses but you and your opponent agree to use these changes before either of you drafts armies, please feel free.

Some other notes
-The Online Con events start next week. My preference would be if that will pose a scheduling problem for you than please try and get your games in the first week, BUT we will be flexible if need be and allow an extension for those people to get their games past the 8/2 deadline.

-There is 1 outstanding game being played 7/20 at 11am.
Once that is complete those two players AND @BodaciousBlood @Cuzmo_of_Gilead will be added to the Round 3 schedule.

Round 3 is on Desperado (Yngvild, Ulaniva).

The dok (2-0) v. Captain Stupendous (2-0) pool of armies is:
* Majaratpodge: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Rygarn, Marro Warriors
* A Burning Sensation: Xualtiaca Fire Ants x5, Axentia, Siiv
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Captain Stupendous chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape (2-0) v. Knight of Scape (2-0) pool of armies is:
* The Noble and Great Ones: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
* Doomsday: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.

The All Your Pie (2-0) v. infectedsloth (2-0) pool of armies is:
* Eternal Darknessborne: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* Embassy of Pain: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Zetacron
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, infectedsloth chooses who places first.

The AgentWard (2-0) v. Cuzmo_of_Gilead (1-1) pool of armies is:
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
AgentWard chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses who places first.

The wumpis (1-1) v. BodaciousBlood (1-1) pool of armies is:
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
* That's a spikey cactus!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
* Soulborg & Indians: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x2, Zetacron, Makwa Tribesman x1, Brave Arrow
BodaciousBlood chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, wumpis chooses who places first.

The Tankyteemo (1-1) v. vegietarian18 (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Bees?: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Major Q10
* : Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
* Two Rs Make A Unique Squad Based Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
* Kaemon Raelin Bugs: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa, Raelin (RotV)
vegietarian18 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Tankyteemo chooses who places first.

The capsocrates (1-1) v. Kinseth (1-1) pool of armies is:
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
* : goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom
* : Buccaneers of Tortuga x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
Kinseth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.

The Heroscaper Guy (1-1) v. Scaperedude (1-1) pool of armies is:
* : Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Airborne Elite
* : Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, James Murphy
* Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai
* The Frying Pan: Warforged Soldiers x4, Axentia
Scaperedude chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Heroscaper Guy chooses who places first.

The Son of Arathorn (1-1) v. lefton4ya (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Bugs in Black: Amberhive Protectors x4, Sujoah, Krav Maga Agents, Isamu
* ALIENS: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors, Black Wyrmling x2
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
Son of Arathorn chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (1-1) v. coachmuskie (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors
* Raelin > Makwa Tribesman x2: Teeth of the Makwa x2, Mohican River Tribe x2, Makwa Tribesman x2, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
* Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Goblins Galore!: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk
mtl1998 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, coachmuskie chooses who places first.

The flameslayer93 (1-1) v. Dysole (0-2) pool of armies is:
* Shadows of Brimstone: Children of the Dark Star x3, Agga-Zemir, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Guilty McCreech
* Go Goblin, Go!: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)
* Snakes on a Flame: Venoc Vipers x5, Venoc Warlord, Axentia
* Bee Movie: Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Raelin (RotV), Kaemon Awa
Dysole chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, flameslayer93 chooses who places first.

The Dompredator77 v. heroscaper2010 pool of armies is:
* The new Goblins?: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Rygarn, Koggo
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein
* : Mohican River Tribe x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
heroscaper2010 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dompredator77 chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* : Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Arkmer
* : Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
* Weakness to Bug Spray: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Ugly Orcs: Horned Skull Brutes x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Bugbear Basher x2, Isamu
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The Ericth74 v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* A to Zeta: Honor Guard of the Blasted Land x4, Axentia, Zetacron
* Chain Gang: Marro Stingers x4, Motley Max, Tandros Kreel
* Two Kingdoms: Amberhive Protectors x3, Crypt Guardian x2, Amberhive Queen, Warden 816, Drow Chainfighter, Bol
* Feylund's Foes: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein
superfrog chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Ericth74 chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; July 20th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old July 20th, 2020, 01:56 PM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Round 2 is on Belly of the Beast (Wannok, Dagmar).

The AgentWard (1-0) v. wumpis (1-0) pool of armies is:
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
wumpis chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.
We start really soon

Hello from the France.

If you speak french (and even if you don't), don't be shy and come say hello here:
French forum
Old July 20th, 2020, 03:03 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Round 3 posts have been updated with all matchups now. Good luck everyone
Old July 20th, 2020, 06:04 PM

wumpis is surprisingly tart
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 8/2

Map- belly of the beast
Points- 450
Agentward’s army- 5x 10th reg, Isamu, bop and axentia
My army- 3x children, Agga zemir, zthoth and Eldgrim the Viking champion
Glyphs- wannok, dagmar

Round 1- agent ward won initiative, he moved some 10th reg into position but wasn’t in range to attack. On my turn I moved 5 children as far up as I could. On his turn he killed two of my children on the bottom right of the field. On my turn I moved up agga zemir and attacked one of his 10th reg but didn’t kill it. I also switched his 3rd order marker from the 10th reg to axentia. On his turn he put a wound on axentia with imolation and 2 wounds on agga zemir with a normal attack. On my final turn I did two wounds to axentia with the children.

Round 2- I lost initiative and agent ward revealed order marker one on his 10th reg. He was able to put a wound on agga zemir. On my turn I moved my children to surround axentia and ended up killing her but with rising Phoenix she killed three children and put a wound on agga zemir. On his turn he put all his attacks from his 10th reg into agga zemir and killed her. That was my second order marker so he took another turn. This time he put a wound on Eldgrim and killed a child. On my turn I killed two 10th reg with the children. Then he rolled for wannok and I killed a child. He then won initiative killed another child and put another wound on Eldgrim. My turn one was on Eldgrim so I attacked and did no damage then I killed Eldgrim with overextended attack and put his spirit on zthoth. On his turn he attacked zthoth with his 10th reg and did no damage. On my next turn I used zthoth to kill the two tenth reg attacking it. On his next turn he moves axentia off to one side of the field. Then on my turn I killed two more 10th reg with zthoth. With wannok he killed my last child He one initiative and moved axentia closer to zthoth. On my turn I killed two more 10th reg. Then on his turn he did two wounds to zthoth with the 10th reg. On my turn I killed another two 10th reg with zthoth. On his final turn he surrounded zthoth and did a wound to her. On my turn I was able to kill another 10th reg with zthoth. Then he put a wound on zthoth with wannok. I won initiative and killed two more 10th reg with zthoth. Then he moved up some 10th reg but did no damage. I moved zthoth into his start zone and did no damage to his army. Then he moved up axentia but I blocked her attack. On my next turn I killed bowl with zthoth l. Then he did another attack on zthoth with axentia doing no damage. I attacked axentia doing no damage and the he finythe game by killing zthoth with the 10th reg. Overall I thought that agga zemir. Was slightly underpriced. She really did nothing for my army. Agent ward and I discussed I may have played her wrong but it’s hard to say. I think she has potential to be powerful but we didn’t get to see much of her in this game so I am not sure. However we found that axentia was very good and because my army was melee it made her even more dangerous. I think she is definitely worth her points.

Last edited by wumpis; July 20th, 2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: I wasn’t finished I accidentally clicked post.
Old July 20th, 2020, 07:37 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We are playing at 9:00 pm eastern tonight

* Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors
* Raelin > Makwa Tribesman x2: Teeth of the Makwa x2, Mohican River Tribe x2, Makwa Tribesman x2, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
mtl1998 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, coachmuskie chooses who places first.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old July 20th, 2020, 10:08 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
We are playing at 9:00 pm eastern tonight

Another game where Ranjit felt terrible and the Goblins felt strong. I took Goblins Galore: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk and muskie took Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors. I opened up with Urk for two OMs for the Mob Swarm. I had a lot of slashers on the road before they took a turn. muskie opened up with all Krav, ignoring Ranjit. The krav got engaged early on by Urk and the slashers that were on the road and died quickly.

I won with 3.5 squads of slashers, Koggo, and both Bugbear Bashers with only one wound among them both.

Ranjit's Subterfuge could've been impactful, but the d20 was not cooperative. And even if it would have hit, it requires taking a turn with Ranjit which wouldn't have been that productive anyway. So even if it hits, it's basically an even trade since the OM spent on Ranjit isn't impactful itself. Maybe the theory is that with only 2 OMs for each player, the Ranjit buffed army has an advantage? Even so, splitting OMs to enable Ranjit's buff has proved to be easily countered by focusing the unique squads to limit the attacks per turn.

Once the Krav were gone, the slashers and Urk chewed through the B-11 then Syvarris and marros at the same time. Ranjit wasn't the easiest to kill with the slashers only rolling 2 attack. I didn't bring any bugbears into the fight until late into the game since I was using Urk mostly.

This game didn't show much of Koggo's powers. I think he attacked once from range with height, but the attack was blocked. Koggo was never attacked. The one Basher I used saved his own life with expendable rabble. I like the change to 3 life. Bash was used 3 times, but I rolled poorly each time anyway.

This matchup was severely in favor of the goblins, I think. (I think most armies are favored against my Ranjit army. Ranjit is cool in theory, but really struggles to leverage the bonus attack and move.

Edit:
I think it would be beneficial testing the goblin army against different strong armies. I know the cathar matchup has been tested in this tourney a few times, but that seems like an obvious counter to them. I'd be interested seeing how they hold up against other strong armies.
I think the Ranjit army would benefit from being changed because I think as I built it, it is pretty bad and might not reflect Ranjit's strengths to their fullest potential.
Old July 20th, 2020, 10:29 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished my game with mtl1998. The Goblins crushed Ranjit.

I don't really have a breakdown after the beat down, but this was the general flow.

Round 1: I ignored Ranjit and focused on positioning with the Krav. This did not work and two went down quickly, so Krav were nullified. Urk went nuts for the Goblins.

Round 2: lost init again, and tried Ranjit's power (rolled and 5, so no go). Now my order markers are all over the place. B-11 in turn two killed a goblin. Had to go Syvarris on turn 3, so b-11 got slaughtered. Syv had two great shots on a bugbear that were both blocked.

Round 3: lost init again, and tried Ranjit's power (rolled a 15, but chose the x marker). Goblins finished off the b-11 and took out most of the Marro Warriors. Tried water cloning and failed. Goblins all over all of my remaining characters. Syv killed a couple of goblins.

Round 4: lost init again, and tried Ranjit's power (rolled a 3, so failed again). Order markers spread out on Ranjit, Syv and Marro. Ranjit kills a Goblin, Syv is killed, Ranjit killed.

Round 5: Lost init again. Marro go down after two failed water clones. last Krav is quickly dispatched.

What are my thoughts of Ranjit? He is horrible. In a game against squads, why should I take prized unit and only move it once? anyone playing against Ranjit knows that each is only moving once (I have to reveal the x before we start). Units are getting tattooed with nowhere to go. I would never choose him for 140 points. I went 1-3 with his order marker removal ability, and chose poorly. The +1 attack is not good enough (mtl rolled 46% on defense dice) to sacrifice only one order marker per unit. I can see it a little better once I was overrun and trying to figure out who was going to survive, but early in the game, I see it as a bad move. Even if you use him to attack (4 attack with his ability), you need to leave him for two turns since the order markers need to go elsewhere. If you could move the order markers around, that might make it better, but he is a rough play against squads. Maybe with Raelin and the rats, someone could make it work.
I would vote that he gets a point change, and you have the ability to put all of the order markers on him and they must be moved to different generals units throughout the turn.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting