Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 05:29 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Mixed unique armies

Ok so I’m new to this, just got the 3 AOTP sets recently, and even more recently got 2 heroscape games, RotV and the Marvel one. Me and my son really love it, and since finding this site we learned how to combine the 2 games and have used a bunch of the awesome builds on this site. Hopefully I haven’t missed the boat here and people still check this forum because I have an idea that I could use some help with. Given what I have (swarm and 2 roads are on deck) I’m trying to make unique armies. We have house rules here. Teams must have 1 Planeswalker and 1 Marvel hero, no more no less. 800 points is allowed for the scape army (PW and hero count towards that), 600 for the AOTP army (PW counts towards that too). My goal is to make unique pairs of PWs and heroes, and also try to use each army once. Hopefully this makes sense. I’m going to list what I have so far in the hopes someone can offer some advice/tweaks/adjustments. My goal is for the teams to be somewhat balanced, and somewhat thematic. There are some odd pairings where I had little choice but I tried.

1. Venom, Grim, arrow gruts, blade gruts, heavy gruts, swog rider, black wyrmling. Ob, ruiner, scions
2. Spidey, Raelin, Finn, Thorgrim, Eldgrim,Vikings, Guilty McCreech. Sorin, Avacyn, Bloodchasers, cultists
3. Cap, Sgt, AE, 2x white wyrmling. Gideon, Kor Captain, rhinos, hookmasters
4. Surfer, samurai, Ashigaru Yari, sacred band, earth el. Nahiri, Prophet, goblins, inquisitors
5. Hulk, Elf, Warriors of Ashra. Nissa, P-root, wardens, rangers
6. Iron Man, Carr, KM, knights of Weston. Arlinn, Kessig, nobles, prophet
7. Doom, deathwalker, robots, deathreavers. Jace, Geists, projections, alchemist
8. Abomination, water el, air el, goblin cutters, horned skull brutes. Kiora, roilmage, phantoms
9. Red Skull, Mimring, fen hydra, fire elemental. Chandra, Prophet, phoenix, cats
10. Thanos, Marro, NGS, Dumutef Guard. Liliana, Reavers, ghoul, zombies

So yeah, if anyone reads this let me know what you think. If not at least I got it on paper so I can use my head for more important stuff. This is an easy game to get lost in thought over.

Note, updated. Also my RttFF is in the mail, gotta figure out where to slot that big guy. Maybe buy another. And I’m sure there are tons of squads and heroes out there I’ve never seen, let me know which ones are worth getting, and maybe there are some that fit one of these groups, or potentially fit better than some of these pairings (abomination, Iron Man, and silver surfer were the hardest to place, still not in love with how those teams look)

Last edited by shaolin; October 16th, 2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Update - been busy with my printer :)
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:30 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker
Re: Mixed unique armies

This game is so bad ass. I mean it’s probably too open to interpretation for most, but I don’t care because Iron Man and Jace are having a face off in my house.

And both teams still have decent reserves. These games run closer to an hour.

Old August 9th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I doubt you will find many people playing your unique mix of Marvel, Classic and AotP, but that isn't a problem. IT looks like your games are super fun.

Some times less is more, so don't worry about grabbing every little thing, instead grab what you like (and what's cheap). If you do want to expand check out the C3G (comic), C3V (classis) and HoSS (star wars) customs. Many can be picked up cheap and are really fun to play with. My only real advice is right now everything you have is unique, so I wouldn't worry about getting multiple common squads too much.

Can't wait to play the same sort of games with my son as he gets older.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 9th, 2018, 01:03 PM

Yeah, I get that. There definitely won’t be tournaments with this game, but I’m ok with that. I think, after doing more research, I’ll be able to build decent enough sets with what I have. I’m gonna target maybe some booster packs, just get one orc pack, one with the wolves and Mass 4th, stuff like that. And maybe a castle.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does C3G work? Is the basic idea that someone on the site makes the card, then I print it out, and then I get some kind of figure to represent the piece? That would be awesome, my kids already call the earth elemental “Thing.” Adding superheroes would be right up their alley.
Old August 9th, 2018, 02:00 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Yeah, I get that. There definitely won’t be tournaments with this game, but I’m ok with that. I think, after doing more research, I’ll be able to build decent enough sets with what I have. I’m gonna target maybe some booster packs, just get one orc pack, one with the wolves and Mass 4th, stuff like that. And maybe a castle.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does C3G work? Is the basic idea that someone on the site makes the card, then I print it out, and then I get some kind of figure to represent the piece? That would be awesome, my kids already call the earth elemental “Thing.” Adding superheroes would be right up their alley.
I used to play large games with my buddies it was quite fun back in the day.

I know most of Classic scape and there are tons of Uniques in there that are typically cheaper than the common squads and heroes. That sounds right up your alley!

Edit: If you do buy some official figures you don't necessarily need the card. In my signature I took the liberty to scan just about every official card. You can buy a figure without a card (typically cheaper than it is with) and scan one of my cards.

You can check out the sets of guys on the forums here or for a full list look at allthingsheroscape.com. They have the figures separated in the original waves so you can see all the official figures but I do not recommend buying from there it is usually more expensive. Check the forums here for good deals then otherwise Ebay, craigslist, and luckily yard sales and such.

As for all the custom stuff: some group has an idea, they make a figure (the powers and such), test said figure then releases it. Under the index of that figure you can print out the card there and it also tells you the exact figure you can buy.

For example you mentioned The Thing so lets look at him. You can choose here which card to print out, its the same just a different picture. And underneath this it tells you the exact figure that goes with this card.

I suppose it doesn't really matter for your games what figures you use and if you have some other figures just print out cards for them but for a more official type thing as is the CG3 and other figure-making groups it makes sense to base cards and ideas off of easy to get or existing figures.

Hope that helped and happy playing!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; August 9th, 2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: My Card Scans
Old August 9th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Well actually the C3G is a group that designs and playtests the units so they are well balanced against other comic figures. You can get really inexpensive heroclix figures form coolstuff or toadandtroll that match the heroscape scale really well. You can start adding Batman, X-men, and all your favorite heroes.

C3V is similar but it is focused on adding units that match Classic heroscape. They have things like civil war soldiers, vampire thralls, and more soul borgs.

HoSS is similar again but they add in Star Wars figures which you can pick up pretty cheep at the sights i mentioned above. Now you can add Darth Vader and Storm troopers to your mix.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 9th, 2018, 03:01 PM

Huge help, both of you. Didn’t know about any of those sites and would never think to buy a figure without a card!

(Edit- well, except eBay and craigslist, I knew about them)

I’m gonna dig into more of the custom content around here, I didn’t know I needed Vader until just now
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, whats the little written cards do? Are they more spells, or just copies of existing ones?

Enjoy your games!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If you have any questions about C3G, stop by and ask!

There are plenty of individual card creators like wriggz that have amazing customs as well!
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey, whats the little written cards do? Are they more spells, or just copies of existing ones?

Enjoy your games!
Good catch. My wife doesn’t like games, but I do. I don’t like only being limited to when a friend visits or when the kids want to play. A little while back I found this thread on a different site:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/158...-and-play-cont

It’s basically an AI card system. I use it to pick the team (easier when you have the pre-made teams) and set the order markers. Each turn I come up with two moves the opponent could do and use the cards to pick which one based on probability. It’s like playing two handed but with one unpredictable hand. It’s not too difficult to win, but it definitely makes it interesting to play alone. I’ve being trying to think of ways to handicap myself or help the other team to raise the degree of difficulty, but I want to really understand the game first, get all the nuances ironed out.

The guy (or gal) also made a real set of these cards and sells them, google The Solo System if interested, it’ll be one of the top links. I’m cheap and printed out lo-res black and white PDFs, cut the cards out myself, and hand wrote the backs. But I’m giving him a plug now so I feel we’re even.
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If you have any questions about C3G, stop by and ask!

There are plenty of individual card creators like wriggz that have amazing customs as well!
I got lost in “the books of” index thread today when I was supposed to be working. Whoops. I will definitely raise questions as they come up
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Enjoy your games!
Good catch. My wife doesn’t like games, but I do. I don’t like only being limited to when a friend visits or when the kids want to play. A little while back I found this thread on a different site:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/158...-and-play-cont

It’s basically an AI card system. I use it to pick the team (easier when you have the pre-made teams) and set the order markers. Each turn I come up with two moves the opponent could do and use the cards to pick which one based on probability. It’s like playing two handed but with one unpredictable hand. It’s not too difficult to win, but it definitely makes it interesting to play alone. I’ve being trying to think of ways to handicap myself or help the other team to raise the degree of difficulty, but I want to really understand the game first, get all the nuances ironed out.

The guy (or gal) also made a real set of these cards and sells them, google The Solo System if interested, it’ll be one of the top links. I’m cheap and printed out lo-res black and white PDFs, cut the cards out myself, and hand wrote the backs. But I’m giving him a plug now so I feel we’re even.
I’ll take a closer look at them a bit later, but this might be perfect for a “wandering monsters” mechanic that I like to employ during our bigger scenario games.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender