Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: PARTICIPANTS WANTED - auction-based draft trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Alright. When we get enough people will there be a set end time?
Maybe, but probably not. I want the bidding to stabilize, where nobody wants to outbid anyone on anything, before the auction ends. I don't want this to come down to ebay-style bid sniping.

When we have 12 people and everyone has had a chance to look through the sheet and lay down some bids, I will probably go through and make 20 bids or so.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

First post updated with a simple explanation of the auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Surely, eventually, *someone* will take Otonashi at 5 points...
Yes... the person with a 495 point army that doesn't have valiant/disciplined restrictions and doesn't fill the startzone.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:29 PM

GatekeeperDatuck has disabled reputation

Okay, I assume that we are 'playing' a standard 24 hex start zone. Is this correct? Also, do the winners get the figures at the top bid price, now that we are doing this differently, or is it still second highest bid price?

EDIT: Do you think it might be better if we just had one column to bid in (or two if we are still doing the 'second highest' thing), and just put our name/initials next to the bid? It takes an effort to look and see what others have bid, and it will likely get worse once it starts getting filled in.

EDIT 2: With all the people editing at the same time, we would need a minimum of two columns to bid in. But with the columns adjusted, there is no problem with ten people.

Last edited by GatekeeperDatuck; May 12th, 2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: New Idea
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatekeeperDatuck View Post
Okay, I assume that we are 'playing' a standard 24 hex start zone. Is this correct? Also, do the winners get the figures at the top bid price, now that we are doing this differently, or is it still second highest bid price?
It's now highest bid price. Yes, 24 hex start zones.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

This looks fun and interesting. I don't fully understand it yet, but count me in.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll help out with this project. Just sum up the current rules for me please as I have not kept up with all 6 pages. *edit* I see it is summed up on the first page.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'll help out with this project. Just sum up the current rules for me please as I have not kept up with all 6 pages.
The first post has the latest version. Join in on the google spreadsheet if you want to participate in the auction.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Basically, you bid on the spreadsheet (and the bid must end in 5 or 0). Bids have to be greater than previous bids. So far, there is no close date set. The last rules I read is that the highest bidder gets the card, and no one else does. However, the actual cost paid by the bidder is that of the second highest bid (I asked dok if this was still accurate now that the format has changed, but have no received an answer). If you want multiples, you pay the same cost for each. Each person gets 500 points. Card prices have been discounted based on power rankings. I think that covers everything.

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by GatekeeperDatuck; May 12th, 2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: ninja'd
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Just to make sure I'm doing this right: At some point this afternoon, I'm planning to stake out a 500pt army with no previous claimants from among the cut-price units. I'll do so by putting the floor price on those units in the correct cell in my column. As time progresses, I might get outbid, at which point have have money to spend to fill in the gap and I can go and spend it elsewhere.

Does this sound right? (I realise that some of this is personal strategy: I'm approaching it as I would a genuine situation and I'd be keener to capitalise on the value of reduced-price less well-regarded units so that's what I'm trying to achieve.)
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:55 PM

Yes, that sounds right. You can only have 500 points worth of highest bid stuff. If you get outbid and only have the highest on, say 370 points worth, you can bid up to 130 on other stuff.

Also, good luck with the bargain hunting. There are some crazy deals.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Just to make sure I'm doing this right: At some point this afternoon, I'm planning to stake out a 500pt army with no previous claimants from among the cut-price units. I'll do so by putting the floor price on those units in the correct cell in my column. As time progresses, I might get outbid, at which point have have money to spend to fill in the gap and I can go and spend it elsewhere.

Does this sound right? (I realise that some of this is personal strategy: I'm approaching it as I would a genuine situation and I'd be keener to capitalise on the value of reduced-price less well-regarded units so that's what I'm trying to achieve.)
Yes, that's a completely acceptable strategy. It's also permissible to overreach slightly in the early going (i.e stake out a bit more than you can buy) and pare back as you see yourself getting outbid.

I really like what I'm seeing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
What happens if I am outbid on something but the the outbidder withdraws his bid, as I understand he is permitted to do? That could leave me over 500 through no fault of my own...
Don't worry about being over 500 in the early stages. Once everyone has put some bids in, if you still have too many winning bids, start to pare things down.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I went ahead and put in some bids although I might have done it wrong. I just put some floor bids on several different units that I want to use as the core of my army but didn't keep track of total points bid out. I assume a few of the figures I bid on will get bid up and I won't win every figure.

Also I was a bit surprised that some figures were listed at a reduced cost. Krug for example, who doesn't think Krug is worth 120 points? Early feeling is that the discounted points idea needs some revision. Perhaps only discount B- and lower units, while leaving B and above units at regular price.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions