Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: KC's Scenarios, Campaigns, Traps and Random Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Just so you know, the link to Migol's Tomb Caverns isn't complete. The instructions for the battlefield are, but the story isn't.
Hmmm... I can't try the link because I'm at work, but if you can get to the build instructions, you should have the story. It's on the last page of the Instructions, intermixed with the scenario rules.

I also added a front page link to the Prologue I put up a few days ago, and updated the Overview link to a more relevant post.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; January 18th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Just so you know, the link to Migol's Tomb Caverns isn't complete. The instructions for the battlefield are, but the story isn't.
Hmmm... I can't try the link because I'm at work, but if you can get to the build instructions, you should have the story. It's on the last page of the Instructions, intermixed with the scenario rules.
Put it in spoilers to save room.
Spoiler Alert!

So, it kind of just ends.

Also, around the bottom of the spiral of the entire dungeon, you have a triple-hex rock piece, with one hex hanging over the edge of a seven hex. So, if a single spaced figure stands there, it will fall.
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Put it in spoilers to save room.
Spoiler Alert!

So, it kind of just ends.

Also, around the bottom of the spiral of the entire dungeon, you have a triple-hex rock piece, with one hex hanging over the edge of a seven hex. So, if a single spaced figure stands there, it will fall.
Thanks, Sujoah. I'll have to do a re-upload tonight to fix those. The instructions must've carried onto another page that didn't make the PDF transfer or something.

Thanks also for pointing out my triple-hex hangover - that's a mistake. I'll correct it tonight with the new upload.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:39 PM

Betrayals of Utgar Battle #1 - Soulborg Ambush

As the heroes make their way south through Nastrauland, they come upon the mountain pass of Stechavan, where the scout Zetacron holds a post with his small band of Omnicron Repulsors. However, as the heroes make their way into the pass, they see a Repulsor moving to light the beacon to signal Jandar of incoming trouble, only for it to be shot down by a massive black Soulborg - a Deathwalker - before it could get the beacon lit. These are Utgar's Soulborgs - a Deathwalker, and animalistic Deathstalkers and Deathreavers. Drake, Raelin and Syvarris, knowing no additional help will be coming for the Omnicrons, charge into battle and to their aid.

Players Army:

Party
Drake RotV - 110
Raelin RotV - 190
Syvarris - 290

Guests (controlled by Player as well in a 2-Player Game. In a 3 or 4 Player game, the Guests are controlled separately, but Raelin's aura still affects them)
Zetacron - 350
Omnicron Repulsors x3 - 470

vs.

DM's Army:

Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Deathstalkers x2 - 330
Deathreavers x3 - 450

In a 3 or 4 Player game, the DM's army is broken into these two teams:

Deathwakler 8000
Deathreavers x3

Deathstalkers x2

Battlefield: Stechavan Pass (pic forthcoming - I need to check the RotV rulebook because I thought I remembered a specific scenario for this)

Special Rules: The DM wins if they destroy Drake, Raelin and Syvarris - they do not need to destroy Zetacron or the Omnicron Repulsors to win. Player obtains Gold for all units destroyed, even if the Guests destroy the unit.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; January 25th, 2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM

I've updated the usable heroes on Page 1, and also the Overview and Rules on Page 2, which goes into much more detail now on how the campaign is actually played.

Also, I haven't figured out yet how to correct the "missing story" from my PDF file. It seems like I have too much text for the "Map Parameters" section of VS to handle, and it only prints out the one page.

My solution at this point is to copy and paste the text into Word, print that to a PDF, and add those pages to my PDF printout of the Map, and upload that. The problem is that I don't have Microsoft Office at home, and therefore have to e-mail it to myself so I can transfer it to Word at Work, and then e-mail it back so I can upload it at home, since I can't upload from work [inhale].

Unless someone knows how to get VS to print more than one page of Map Parameters...

Also, if you need the rest of the story/bestiary, here's a summary:
Spoiler Alert!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; January 19th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM

The story continues after the battle at Stechavan Pass...

Spoiler Alert!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:45 PM

It's been a while since I updated this, and I know I'm jumping all over the place, but please bear with me. This campaign is going to be amazing when it's done.

Here's another battle for the Heroes - this time after Einar's Fortress. It takes place in the Durgeth Swamp:

DOWNLOAD

I basically just did a revamp of the Durgeth Swamp battlefield from the RotV rulebook, using 1 SotM and 2 Jungle sets. You can read the instructions to the battle in the download, but it pits Khosumet and a slew of Wolves against Acolarh, some Warriors of Ashra and Heroes from your party. The glyph is the Dire Stone, which Acolarh is trying to reclaim from the wolves.

I have some really big ideas for this, including Summon Glyphs that allow Heroes to summon powerful beasts into the battle with them, a collisseum where you can put a treasure on the line and choose one Hero from your Party to fight one-on-one against a foe to win other treasures, and a ton of secrets that you can find throughout the campaign to unlock more usable Heroes and treasures.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; February 5th, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM

I updated this post with a description of Fortresses and Towns, and a little more overall description of how the campaign is played.

Also, concerning the Overworld and the vast amount of terrain it requires - could Overworld movement be accomplished just by using the "Play" feature in Virtualscape? I've never tried it, but could someone just place a Drake figure on the 3D map picture and move him around right there in the program? That would solve everything very simply if it's possible.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:12 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
After typing all of this, I realized that it's very, very random if you've never played Shining Force. So, I spoiler tagged it - feel free to read if you've played Shining Force, or are really open minded:

Spoiler Alert!
Awesome. I love Shining Force (though I do enjoy 1 more than 2). I think the promotion part of the game was possibly my favorite aspect, so I'd definitely want to figure out how to get that to work. In fact I might forgo the thematic character picks just to make all the unpromoted guys as low point as possible. That way, you can just replace them later with a guy worth more points with a similar play style. It doesn't have to be totally balanced either; some of the guys in Shining Force weren't that great, and others were incredible (leveled and promoted Arthur in SF1? Worth the wait.)

Another cool thing to include were the special promotion items in SF2. You know, instead of turning Sarah into a Priest, she could become a Monk? The cool punching + kicking type of course. You could have extremely difficult (but rewarding) treasures in certain battle maps that if collected could turn one of your fighters into Kaemon Awa or Drake v.2.
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, there is a ton of stuff in this thread. I like your overworld idea, and the lexan mat seems like it would work perfectly!
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM

OK, it's been ages since I updated this thread.

Real life intervened with my campaign creations, but it hasn't stopped my brain from working. Betrayals of Utgar is still alive and, with the arrival of D2 and D3, it will be better than ever when finished.

The original storyline involved Cyprien turning on Utgar and opening a rift into another world with the Amulets from the Wellsprings. Now I have a far better idea for the main storyline.

Also, the monsters in the beastiary have changed. With this huge slew of Uncommon Heroes that work perfectly as campaign monsters, I just had to work them into my random battles. They're too perfect - so I've updated the beastiary (which is now on the front page) with mostly Uncommons, but a couple commons and uniques in there, too (uniques like Gurei-Oni and Shurrak work very well functioning as uncommon Cyclopes and Fire Giants). Also, with all of these new Treasure Glyphs, there really isn't much need for me to create my own treasure in the shops anymore - I can just use real stuff! I've updated all of the shops to include the real Treasure Glyphs, along with their Gold costs.

One glyph I will continue to add though is the Vial of Resurrection, except that's already pretty much an official treasure anyway since it's used in the MS3 campaign. Also I'll continue to add more Ancient Artifacts that are based on current Heroscape Special Powers (the Rod of Negation, Spear of Gerda, Sword of Thorian, etc.).

I'd like to get back to working on this a bit each night. I think this time I will complete the entire storyline first, and then fill in the battles and dungeons with maps afterwards. All of the battles and dungeons I've already posted will remain the same.

Thanks to anyone that's still here, and keep watching!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; October 19th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:48 AM

Re: KC's D&D - Betrayals of Utgar, EPIC CAMPAIGN! (50%)

I've still been hard at work on this, putting in about an hour or so on average each day. I'm almost through the story and DM manual, which is coming along nicely. I'd say the whole project is about 50% done, and it's 95% done in my mind, so I just need to transfer it to Word Documents and Virtualscape.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios