Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:30 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Aquilla Flag Bearer Revisited

Alright, I think its time to revisit Aquilla and this still young armies options with flag bearers. Previous discussion have been broadcasting ideas of general feelings. We put out wishes and hopes, but we still really had no idea what the army it's self would be formed of. But know we have found recruits for this soon to be powerful army! But no army is without a flag bearer. But who should Aquilla assign this task to? Oh choices ....
I believe that of the different forces comprised there are a couple of reasonable choices. The flag bearer should be someone who should encompass the power of the army and the feel of the army as well. This effectively breaks it down into the following choices for this specially picked soldier.

1- Dwarf Hero
2 - Mohican Indian Hero

These two really encompass the ideology of Aquilla so far They are a sneaky but brutally powerful unit when they need to be.

Now on to the fun part, I am going to lay down my ideas for the overall character design and powers, feel free to pitch yours as well.

Dwarf Hero
Name ______
Aquilla

Dwarf
Unique Hero
Leader
Tricky
Small 3

Life 6
Move 6
Attack 4
Defense 4
115 points

Aquilla's Dispatch
When an order marker is revealed on a friendly scout who follows Aquilla roll 12 valkyrie dice. For each Aquilla symbol that is rolled you may move a scout figure that you control up to 5 spaces. The selected figures must start their move within 12 spaces of _________.

Dwarven Fighter Bonding
Before taking a turn with ____ you may first move up to 2 friendly Dwarven Fighters within 6 clear spaces. When moving the choosen dwarfs they may may each move up to 6 spaces

Throwing Ax Special Attack
Range 3 Attack 5
When using Throwing Ax Special Attack ______ may only target a small or medium figure.

The overall look would be a dwarf having a sack of throwing ax's on his back and the flag strapped to it. He would be carrying perhaps a large ax or maybe a war hammer.

Indian Hero
Name _____
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Shaman
Wise
Medium 5

Life 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 1
100 points

Aquilla's Defensive Staff
If a friendly figure who follows aquilla that is within 8 clear spaces of __________ may roll the according number of valkyrie dice as their normal defense when defending from a normal or special attack. Each Aquilla symbol that is rolled by the defending figure counts as a shield.

Tribe Protection
____ may roll an additional defense die for each friendly adjacent Mohican River Tribesman for up to 3 dice.

Leadership Pipe
At the beginning of each round before order markers are placed if there is an friendly tribesman figure adjacent to ______ with at least 2 wounds roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher remove 1 wound from the chosen tribesman.

This figure would be a basic Indian with some robes and a fancy Aquilla shaman staff.

Well that's what I have to say!

Last edited by chief; January 12th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Aquilla Flag Bearer Revisited

I like them, except I would change the axe throw power to have fewer attack dice against large or huge figures, like Shiori's Shuriken attack.

Old January 12th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I want to say that the Indian version should have some sort of totem, but that wouldn't really be feasible for a combat unit. I also can't help but think how all the other flag bearers have some power that makes use of the flag bearer dice. They don't feel right without some sort of flag bearer dice based power.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:21 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I want to say that the Indian version should have some sort of totem, but that wouldn't really be feasible for a combat unit. I also can't help but think how all the other flag bearers have some power that makes use of the flag bearer dice. They don't feel right without some sort of flag bearer dice based power.
This is true and I forgot to mention that I am working on an idea for that, I just havent hit on something yet.... thats why I asked your fellows opinions!
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's what I'm thinking, make the figure a dwarf and have him be a tribesman so that he can bond with either squad. What I'd really like to him do though is help out Sujoah and the spiders so...

........Billy Dwarf.........
Dwarf.................Life 5
Unique Hero .....Range 1
Tribesman ......... Move 5
Fearless .............Attack 3
Small 3 ..............Defense 4
...........Points 60........

Beast Master- After moving any predator you control that started their turn adjacent to Billy Dwarf you may place Billy Dwarf adjacent to that predator. Billy Dwarf takes any leaving engagement attacks. May need new name due to beast class existing. Maybe Beast Tamer.
Fyorlag Orders- After moving Fyorlag Spiders, you may roll 6 Aquilla Valkyrie dice, for every Valkyrie symol rolled add 1 to the range of any Fyorlag Spider, and it's entangling web special, within 6 clear sight spaces of Billy Dwarf.
Climb x2

So a dwarf tribesman flag-bearer who rides around on a giant fly and helps spiders.

Shouldn't this thread be in the customs section?

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; January 12th, 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: It's a good one.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Interesting ideas but none of them feel right. It's powers should help out the majority of it's units.
Lets see what figures are released in waves 11 & 12. There has to be more Aquilla. Perhaps they will inspire new ideas.
I personally would like to see units from different types of tribes. GO HEADHUNTERS

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Here's what I'm thinking, make the figure a dwarf and have him be a tribesman so that he can bond with either squad. What I'd really like to him do though is help out Sujoah and the spiders so...

........Billy Dwarf.........
Dwarf.................Life 5
Unique Hero .....Range 1
Tribesman ......... Move 5
Fearless .............Attack 3
Small 3 ..............Defense 4
...........Points 60........

Beast Master- After moving any predator you control that started their turn adjacent to Billy Dwarf you may place Billy Dwarf adjacent to that predator. Billy Dwarf takes any leaving engagement attacks. May need new name due to beast class existing. Maybe Beast Tamer.
Fyorlag Orders- After moving Fyorlag Spiders, you may roll 6 Aquilla Valkyrie dice, for every Valkyrie symol rolled add 1 to the range of any Fyorlag Spider, and it's entangling web special, within 6 clear sight spaces of Billy Dwarf.
Climb x2

So a dwarf tribesman flag-bearer who rides around on a giant fly and helps spiders.

Shouldn't this thread be in the customs section?
Interesting but to unit specific to someone who doesn't help the army aton.

A stroke of brains guys, check first post for new revisions
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

This thread, and your goblin thread, would be better suited to the Custom Units forum than the Official Units Forum.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:45 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Brainstorm...

Envisioning your dwarf hero figure you described with these powers....

Scout's Reliance
Any Aquilla scout figure may add two to its move if that figure has clear sight of the flag bearer at the begining of its turn.

Hero's Hardening
At the begining of the round, before order markers have been placed, roll twelve Aquilla Valkyrie dice. For every two dice that land symbol side up add one defense to any Aquilla hero or Aquilla unique squad you control that is within eight clear sight spaces of the flag bearer. This bonus lasts to the end of the round.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Last edited by SpartanNinja; January 12th, 2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Somehow that last line doesn't seem to flow for me though... is there a better spot?
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Brainstorm...

Scout's Reliance
Any Aquilla scout figure may add two to its move if that figure has clear sight of the flag bearer at the begining of its turn.

Hero's Hardening
At the begining of the round, before order markers have been placed, roll twelve Aquilla Archkyrie dice. For every two dice that land symbol side up add one defense to any Aquilla hero you control.
Definitely, I would say Heroes Hardening is to confined though. Open it up for maybe a hero or any 1 selected squad. Also they should be within a certain distance.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Brainstorm...

Scout's Reliance

Hero's Hardening
At the begining of the round, before order markers have been placed, roll twelve Aquilla Archkyrie dice. For every two dice that land symbol side up add one defense to any Aquilla hero you control.
See, THIS is more like what a flagbearer should be - two special powers like those who already exist and can be just as effective standing around idly.

Suggestions:
add "within clear sight of <flagbearer>" or "within 8 clear sight spaces of <flagbearer>" as a criterion for HH.
specify "until the end of the round" for HH (even though it would already be assumed by most, there are always some who think it permanent)
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

It should be "Aquilla Valkyrie dice" instead of "Aquilla Archkyrie dice", if you want to be consistent with existing flagbearers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units