Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Had a nice little game day today and played:

Zombicide
- for the first time.
My copy along with Tooth and Nail should be in sometime next week... Can't wait for both.
I hope to get Tooth & Nail too pretty soon

I plan on asking the guy in our gaming group to bring Zombicide again, as I really want to get into a bigger scenario. I only had time for the walk-through scenario because of Rattus taking much longer than I was promised . But from what I got to see/play, it was a fun game. The minis were cool. The only thing I noticed that I wasn't thrilled with was the tiles. They were a slightly warped or concave on once side. I don't know if it was from shipping, humidity or these were an isolated case.

I look forward to hearing how you like the game and how your tiles are. It's not a real big deal, but something I happened to notice.
I'm regretting not jumping the on on Tooth and Nail.

Your tiles may very well be due to humidity. It's been extremely humid around here a lot lately. Nothing of mine gets warped though because I game in my basement.

Played Settlers of Catan yesterday with some friends. The game got off to a funky start, with two players cutting each other off and one player getting tons and tons of resources. I was building around the outside edge of the board the entire time, since I couldn't get inland due to other settlements and roads. It worked though, as I took advantage of the 2 Ore: 1 Anything port and the 3:1 port to win the game by a landslide (of course, longest road helped to, nobody was cutting me off around the outside). Plenty of fun.

I also picked up Dungeon Run the other night. My local store doesn't sell anything from PlaidHatGames (their retailer has no stock), so when I saw it for just $30 in the used section I was ecstatic. I actually am very glad I bought it used, because there was a nice case inside the box to hold the components and organize them. I played a 4-player game on my own to get comfortable with the rules, then played a solitaire game as Paelleall the Phoenix Elf. I only scored 200 points in that game, the boss completely crushed me. Regardless, I really love this game and it's sure to give me entertainment for a long long time.
Well fortunately they aren't my tiles for Zombicide as I didn't buy it. It was another guy's game. But maybe after playing both sides of the tiles for a while will help. They weren't too bad, just a small thing I noticed.

Yeah, Tooth & Nail looks pretty sweet. I was just looking at the PDF rules again. It's cool how the play will have a different feel from 2 player to 3 player and with the 4 player team-up. There's also the alliance rules where you mix 2 factions for some neat combos. The 4 player has each team mix 3 factions.

Sounds like a good find for Dungeon Run. Looks like fun, but unfortunately some in our group aren't really into the backstab type thing and I hate to buy something that won't get played. I already have a tough time getting some games into the rotation.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Sounds like a good find for Dungeon Run. Looks like fun, but unfortunately some in our group aren't really into the backstab type thing and I hate to buy something that won't get played. I already have a tough time getting some games into the rotation.
Judging solely from our experiences with Muchkin, our group is definitely into backstabbing. It happens in some way or another in pretty much every game we play that isn't co-op. Dungeon Run should be perfect.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, my play groups don't go for backstabbing either, so I tend to avoid games that use that type of mechanic.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:38 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Puerto Rico is definitely something I consider an "expert" game, by which, I mean I really only like it when everyone knows the rules really well. The biggest problem with the game is that the role you choose has more to do with trying to stop the player on your left than doing anything beneficial for yourself. It's a really frustrating game with new players, simply because the intuitive way to play the game tends to rain success on the player beside you.

At home, we've been playing a ton of Flashpoint. Picked it up a month ago and my wife just loves it. She bought some matchbox cars to replace the cardboard and we're eagerly awaiting the Kickstarter expansions.

Most of my hobby time though has been Warmachine. A new store opened in town and we brought the game in there and now we have a ton of new players and a full house every Tuesday. Absolutely love the game, and shocked by how successful its become locally. As for personal games, I just got to field this guy yesterday:

Old August 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Puerto Rico is definitely something I consider an "expert" game, by which, I mean I really only like it when everyone knows the rules really well. The biggest problem with the game is that the role you choose has more to do with trying to stop the player on your left than doing anything beneficial for yourself. It's a really frustrating game with new players, simply because the intuitive way to play the game tends to rain success on the player beside you.

Yeah I found that out about the game when I played it for the first time on Saturday. The guy to my left won, probably thanks to me taking roles that were good for me, but probably better for him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Best advice for new players: never take the craftsman.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work Ecliplse.

I played Vegas and Vehicles last night.

Also finished painting this Investigator for Fury of Dracula

Steelhorns
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Man, I wish I could paint like that! I would love my Dungeon Run, Wiz-War, and Halo Interactive Strategy Game minis painted!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
my Dungeon Run, Wiz-War, and Halo Interactive Strategy Game

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Man, I wish I could paint like that! I would love my Dungeon Run, Wiz-War, and Halo Interactive Strategy Game minis painted!
Well you can learn with practice. I do commissions though if that is something you are interested in.
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Well you can learn with practice. I do commissions though if that is something you are interested in.
Time for commissions? Sigh. One of these days we'll get you playing Warmachine over at Hobby Goblins
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Maybe, but I already have a couple of other minis games to keep me busy and the price of the Warmahorde minis scares me

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games