Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Guerilla unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliescaper View Post
What about arkmer and emiroon together with Uglinesh mind linking both of them, arkmer has a range 10 attack with his movement score added in and then he has a 95% chance to be pulled back to safety, yet another reason to use the amazing ELVES
That is the defenition of the yoyo strategy.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Quote:
What about arkmer and emiroon together with Uglinesh mind linking both of them, arkmer has a range 10 attack with his movement score added in and then he has a 95% chance to be pulled back to safety, yet another reason to use the amazing ELVES
That is the defenition of the yoyo strategy.

And what is the definition of that word?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM

goaliescaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
G-nators and Nakitas make a better yo-yo in my opinion. you get 3 attacks of 2 (or 3 with height), at a threat range of 13. Then the Nakitas bring 'em back home, like Orange said.

Brandon
Wouldn't that take two turns to complete making it not a yo-yo?

He shoots... and the airborne elite drop just in time to save the goal!
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I can't beleive I missed this one in my earlier post. . . .

Gorrillanators.

There name implies that they are guerilla units, doesn't it?
They can be extremely effective if you continually move them, especially with the Natika Agents.

Also, the Mohicans will most likely be a guerilla unit also. Most Native American tactics revolve around using thier terrain to thier advantage. I'm not trying to be biased, though. Read The Wilderness Empire and The Frontiersman, both based on real events.

MegaSilver
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
G-nators and Nakitas make a better yo-yo in my opinion. you get 3 attacks of 2 (or 3 with height), at a threat range of 13. Then the Nakitas bring 'em back home, like Orange said.

Brandon
Well, yeah. If you define it that way, then I guess you're right...I still think it's an effective tactic, though.

OM1, move the G-nators and attack. OM2, move the Nakitas into range and attack, then move the G-nators back into adjacency for Smoke Powder...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Brandon
Well, yeah. If you define it that way, then I guess you're right...I still think it's an effective tactic, though.

OM1, move the G-nators and attack. OM2, move the Nakitas into range and attack, then move the G-nators back into adjacency for Smoke Powder...
According to the card, you better do that the other way around or you will not be able to move those 'nators...
Brandon

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Brandon

According to the card, you better do that the other way around or you will not be able to move those 'nators...
Brandon
Yes you will, you take a turn with the gorillas then using the gorillanator movement bonding move them back and move your nakitas adjacenct to the gorillas, brandon knows exactly wat hes talkin' bout!

Old May 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM

oops double post

Old May 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

My vote would be on cyprien because of stealth flying, 8 move, 2 attacks per turn, and life drain which makes cyprien tough to defeat. Just fly in, do some damage to an important opponent's figure, and fly out and feast on some squads.
Also, Q9 can easily take control of any situation just by waltzing in there and crushing your opponent (well not really, strategy is required).
AE are also great at guerilla warfare because of there drop ability and 8 range.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I think of a guerrilla unit, I think of the following characteristics:
- surprise attack
- attack in any location to disrupt the other army
- cheap and expendable

With these characteristics, I think the Rechets are the best guerilla unit. They can hit hard and at a good distance. They are cheap and you won't be that disappointed when they are destroyed. Their downside is that they are unreliable.

The Airborne Elite come close to meeting my guerilla characteristics. Carr (with ghost walk and disengage) comes close too. The Kozuke Samurai would be another possible choice. These other units are more expensive and don't fit as well into my definition.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM

4winds Woo who?

Shaolin Monks with their assault.Is a guerilla unit , then using stealth leap to get out of there and only costing 80 points.
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Hey 4 Winds! I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles