Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: W@HSers Submissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Out of curiosity, who designed this awesome W@HS banner? MegaSilver, was it you? I just noticed that the upper-left hex shows part of one of my maps. Whoever did it.... thanks.

Warlord Alpha designed it for our banner contest last year. It blew us all away. It would be a lot of work, but I always thought it would be neat if the hexes were interchangeable and you could add/remove hexes based on the current article.

Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Warlord Alpha designed it for our banner contest last year. It blew us all away. It would be a lot of work, but I always thought it would be neat if the hexes were interchangeable and you could add/remove hexes based on the current article.
Wow, kudos to Warlord Alpha. It is gorgeous.

The interchangeable hexes idea is fun.
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks! Your map pictures always stood out to me as being super high quality and bright, so I figured it would be perfect for one of the hexes.

And as for the interchangable hexes thing, it's actually surprisingly easy to do. For anyone knowledgeable in photoshop, what I did was create the grid of hexes with each hex being on an individual layer. Then all of the images each have their own layer, and each one is affixed to one of the individual hex layers with a clipping mask. It would be trivial to replace individual images because all you have to do is paste it into the right layer then resize it.

Obviously it would require photoshop CS3 or newer and a working knowledge of photoshop, but it would only take a few minutes to do.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7661233/Week...esign%20v1.png

Also, Chardar, I don't know if you want the black background or not, I'm not really sure how it ended up with a black background in the gallery. The one above is a transparent PNG.
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I believe the gallery replaces transparencies with black.
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Huh, that's odd. I can just add a white background easily enough if you guys want.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The reason the transparency comes up black is because the image is too large and the front page is trying to resize it. It can't handle the resize and the transparency at the same time. Resize your image to 400px wide and you should be okay.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Honestly, I prefer the black background. it lets the images pop out more, instead of sinking and blending in with the white.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Thanks! Your map pictures always stood out to me as being super high quality and bright, so I figured it would be perfect for one of the hexes.

And as for the interchangable hexes thing, it's actually surprisingly easy to do. For anyone knowledgeable in photoshop, what I did was create the grid of hexes with each hex being on an individual layer. Then all of the images each have their own layer, and each one is affixed to one of the individual hex layers with a clipping mask. It would be trivial to replace individual images because all you have to do is paste it into the right layer then resize it.

Obviously it would require photoshop CS3 or newer and a working knowledge of photoshop, but it would only take a few minutes to do.

Also, Chardar, I don't know if you want the black background or not, I'm not really sure how it ended up with a black background in the gallery. The one above is a transparent PNG.
I wonder if is possible to make it dynamic? Is there any scripting language available on the HSers site?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nope.
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I think I prefer the black background too.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Personally I prefer the transparent background, but it's not up to me anymore.

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Hey, when's the next W@HSers?

I'd like to draw attention to the new United Halo Scapers project. We are in need of members to get off the ground and can use all the help we can get.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online